Bar geometry - Breath or TriLite

Pít

Hi, 

Id like to upgrade my aluminium Clean handlebar to a fancy carbon one. Two model catched my eyes, details are:

Up Sweep: 11°

-Back Sweep: 4°

-Rise: 105 mm 

-Clamp: 31.8 mm 

-Weight: 215g-

Length: 720 mm

OR

-Length: 720mm

-Rise: 110mm

-Up Sweep: 13°

-Back Sweep: 10°

Weight: 205+- 10g

Looks like the main difference is in the backsweep. What would i gain from the 4°? A lot of top riders use that cow Breath bars, it looks great and interesting. I need some experienced advice :D

Ps. my preferred bar-stem setup uploaded

IMG_20180129_202731.jpg

9 hours ago, Pít said:

Thanks! Does my setup counts az rolled forward? :-D

I would call your bar rolled forward yeah. Not super extreme, but enough so I would go for the Breath bar over the Trilite if it was me.

Also, something else to consider for cockpit comfort, my general rule of thumb is if your bar is rolled further forward than the angle of rise of the stem (yours is) then you might consider using a lower rise stem so you don't have to roll the bar as far forward to get the same hand position. Since you're running the 150 x 30 Echo stem, switching to something like a 145 x 25 Crewkerz/Clean/Bonz stem would keep your reach the same but allow you to roll the bar back a bit while maintaining the same hand position (relative to the rest of the bike).

Edited by Ross W.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ross W. said:

I would call your bar rolled forward yeah. Not super extreme, but enough so I would go for the Breath bar over the Trilite if it was me.

Also, something else to consider for cockpit comfort, my general rule of thumb is if your bar is rolled further forward than the angle of rise of the stem (yours is) then you might consider using a lower rise stem so you don't have to roll the bar as far forward to get the same hand position. Since you're running the 150 x 30 Echo stem, switching to something like a 145 x 25 Crewkerz/Clean/Bonz stem would keep your reach the same but allow you to roll the bar back a bit while maintaining the same hand position (relative to the rest of the bike).

what he said^ upside down bars hurt wrists, lower stem, bars more neutral= yes.

Thanks guys, i've ordered the Breath, and i'm going to try a few angle with it. Changing the stem sounds like a good idea, i'll see how the bar will feel (though my wrists never hurts fortunatelly)

Edited by Pít