TF CAR meet V9673

Tom Booth

Right bitches. TF CAR MEET.

I've volunteered Rainbird to help with this too. I'm voting somewhere Oxford way as it's fairly middling for most. I get there's people further up then me but f**k em.

Prospective date.. June 3rd. Dunno why but seems far enough away for people to get time off or get organised etc.its a Sunday too and the chances are weather should be fairly deece.

Time - Meet around 11.30

I will be making a new topic for this, people local to Oxford etc please suggest a potential pub with decent parking, preferably with a link or something if possible.

Potential numbers and the car you will be bringing..

1. Tom Booth- '64 Fairlane

(Don't you bitches leave me hanging)..

1 hour ago, dann2707 said:

2. Rainbird - LCR of some sort

3. Daniel cox - turbo clio or none turbo clio 

4. Robin - Probably the slowest e36. Maybe... but almost certainly not a 924.

Count me in for this. Trying to think back to uni times but the pubs we went to tended not to have parking (because you know, oxford + students). The only one we ever went to with cars was the harvester in Wheatley, it's a generic chain place just off a dual carrageway but wasn't terrible and it's easy to find with plenty of parking. Hopefully someone local will know somewhere better, but I suspect it'll have to be outside oxford it's self. Oxford and parking don't really go together!

There's a kart track just off the ring road that's shonky enough to be a good laugh if we were near Oxford and wanted something to do.

5. Mike - Eunos Roadster (If it survives Bedford Autodrome, trip to Bruges and Rockingham weekender)

5. Mike - Eunos Roadster (If it survives Bedford Autodrome, trip to Bruges and Rockingham weekender)

6. Pete - Crusty but freshly turbo'd Volvo, I hope.

7. Stuart - Audi A6

I’m local to Oxford so when there’s a rough idea of numbers I’ll put forward suggestions for places to meet.

3 hours ago, stoozie said:

7. Stuart - Audi A6

8. Lemon- 26" or 24" trials

i ride oxford a lot, ill come say hi and you can have a muck about on my bike while i have a gander at your cars innit.

1. Tom Booth - ‘64 Fairlane

7. Stuart - Audi A6

8. Lemon- 26" or 24" trials

9. Sam Kidney - Probably a Honda (Maybe a green French Turbo weapon) 

Up for this, I could try coincide it with a track day down south and a family visit too. 

Edited by SamKidney

7 hours ago, Pete.M said:

Can you help me organise my life? 

Would be up for karting. Alternatively it would be cool to meet somewhere remote-ish with some good driving roads.

Sounds an awful lot like a dogging proposition 

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1

Also I'm not going driving, after organising and being on several road trips in the last few years. If you have more than two of you it's an absolute nightmare to keep up with everyone. As one person gets stuck behind a car or a member of public goes in front or let's someone else out and it just f**ks everything up. I will never do that ever again as its more stressful than it's worth. It's like herding drunk sheep. 

Poifick. Date remains, location remains. So what I propose is we set the time to meet at 11.30 so nobody's rushing round super early to get there.

Probably eaten and stuff by 1.30/2 then that leaves loads of time to get off karting etc for those that do.

Anybody got any suggestions where to eat? I'll have a Google tonight and come up with a few suggestions.