Onza cable disc

smiddy86

17 hours ago, onza wanabe said:

its cable its expected :(

not always...

if you've got the stock onza brake levers they are pretty poor; avid sd7 or shimano deore levers are great upgrades (i prefer the deore as it has a split clamp so they're easier to remove/refit)

i forget how the onza discs look/set up/whatever. but if they're like a bb7 with split/dome washers then replacing the washers and re-setting the caliper can help massively. the avid set up guide on youtube will help you out there.

a new set of brake cables will also help; linear slics are usually pretty good. cut the outers carefully; don't use your dads rusty old cable cutters. they will f**k up the ends so the cable can move around and compress more so your energy braking is wasted: i used to push the cable into a grinding disc to get it nice and flat/square.

better brake pads and new disc rotors won't go amiss either. if you can get the trialtech/jitsie flavoured ones you'll be laughing.

or replace them with bb5 or bb7 calipers; they are outrageously powerful for the price.

28 minutes ago, ogre said:

not always...

if you've got the stock onza brake levers they are pretty poor; avid sd7 or shimano deore levers are great upgrades (i prefer the deore as it has a split clamp so they're easier to remove/refit)

i forget how the onza discs look/set up/whatever. but if they're like a bb7 with split/dome washers then replacing the washers and re-setting the caliper can help massively. the avid set up guide on youtube will help you out there.

a new set of brake cables will also help; linear slics are usually pretty good. cut the outers carefully; don't use your dads rusty old cable cutters. they will f**k up the ends so the cable can move around and compress more so your energy braking is wasted: i used to push the cable into a grinding disc to get it nice and flat/square.

better brake pads and new disc rotors won't go amiss either. if you can get the trialtech/jitsie flavoured ones you'll be laughing.

or replace them with bb5 or bb7 calipers; they are outrageously powerful for the price.

Was just going on personal experience used a couple cable disc brakes set them up nice and tight got them going strong but then after a while the cable snapped wouldn't personally use cable disc after that lol