Brecon Beast 2018

forteh

After a hiatus last year, the brecon beast is back this year for the last time, 9th September.

I've signed up for the short route (only 37miles because I'm old, and a girl), who else is coming along for a TF bimble?

@MadManMike @Luke Rainbird @Tom Booth @CurtisRider @Adam@TartyBikes @Ali C who else? :)

edit: eh? I'm sure I put this in bike chat! Can a mod move it? Do we have mods? :o

Edited by forteh

Haven't signed up yet, but I'm going to.

I'm also doing "only" 37 miles (Across f**king great big hills), but not because I'm old or a girl, just that 37 miles over the beacons is ridiculous enough already.

I've not been out on the bike in ages, but I've been pretty good at going to the gym, so I'm hoping to sort my fitness out properly this year.

6 hours ago, forteh said:

2015 was 42 miles, 2016 was 32 miles so sitting nicely in the middle.

I found 2015 much harder because I screwed up my hydration, 2016 was comparatively a breeze :)

I found 2016 much easier, but mostly due to having a decent bike and being much fitter and more used to mtb riding in general.

• 5 months later...