Big Group Ride Summer 2018

Dman

Urban Rides  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• FCUK YEAH
    • NO

3 minutes ago, Daviesdt said:

Manchester and Salford quays gets my vote but then I am lazy and Salford quays is only 5 minutes from my house :)

Could also do Lee Quarry (if that's what Dman was suggesting above?).

I meant street one day and anyone wanting to make a weekend of it, we could do Lee mill or Shipley Glen the next day. I have a van and could transport 4 other riders to a location if needed.

• Like 2

Hearing experiences from people from places other than London going to London is always comedy :P  There's loads to ride, and a load of different sections of London to ride that are as far away from the main tourist traps as you want.  I doubt that people would make the trip down there for it as it's pretty far away for most people, but there's undoubtedly a lot of stuff to ride there.  The main problem seems to be that trials riders don't have all that much imagination when it comes to spots, hence most rides in Leeds, Sheffield and so on pretty much focussing on the same 3 spots in each place.  Seems similar with London rides, where it's usually "Meet at Southbank" or similar.  There are some amazing spots further North that I've had the chance to ride courtesy of Joel, for example, that won't have been in any videos before.  Similarly, thanks to Ian's Street View research we rode a bunch of new spots for the Phoenix Jam.  This is the video from the jam a few years back, and this is barely scratching the surface of what's there - that said, almost all of these spots were chilled out and we didn't have hassle at any of them that I can really remember.

• Like 6

I like London also I just thought a middle ground may attract more riders.

2 hours ago, bing said:

What’s the midlands like? Ie Nottingham/Birmingham/Derby/

leicester?

Not ridden any of those places, anyone have any experience there?

On 10/04/2018 at 9:45 PM, Dman said:

I like London also I just thought a middle ground may attract more riders.

Not ridden any of those places, anyone have any experience there?

ridden them all, nottingham is good, birmingham used to be, derby is alright, but manchetser has more to ride than all of them, same with london

It's down SE London from memory - we ended up near Canada Water Tube/Surrey Quays Decathlon if you wanted to try and street view your way to victory. It's in/around that area, as are a bunch of other super good spots.  The last spot we got to was just up by "Rotherhithe Street Bascule Bridge".  

I tried finding the maps Ian and I were sharing/working on to get the route prepped but Maps is a pain in the arse to use now.  I did find another random London spot map that I made in 2015 - some stuff is gone now (mainly E&C based), but it may be of use to some people: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wLtaj5tF8qmerKQplI-H36cyef0&usp=sharing

I can't really remember what's pinned but they're all spots I've ridden in the past.  Not an exhaustive list but might give people some ideas of where to go.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...