Inspired hex, the right choice??

Joshemerytrials

Thinking about ordering a hex as I want to get into street trials more. Coming from a mod bike I know it’s going to feel huge but I ride a lot of mtb too so hopefully it will feel fairly natural. I also ride moto trials mainly so any skills transfer could be easier.. 

I know Ali C is loving his hex as I’ve seen in his vlogs. What does everyone else think hex or four play ? 

The new new hex does look pretty sweet !!

I really really like my Hex (as you can tell).

I've not found many negatives over smaller wheels but many positives.

Pros:
More rim choices
More tyre choices
Rolls over rough ground better (better for natural/comps combined with soft compound tyres)
Hooks better
Static gaps better
Ups to front or rear are better
lighter (due to lighter tyre choices)
Looks more like a MTB

Cons:
Slightly harder to spin
Slightly harder to manual 180
Little bit more spoke flex with rear disc (not too noticeable though)

So far I've been able to do lines I wouldn't even try on the Arcade. In the Drop And Roll shows we have one box branded up with Continental logos which is about four and a half foot high. I couldn't get close to rear wheeling it on the Arcade but I comfortably could do it in every show this past weekend on the Hex. I've also been able to hook and gap higher. I've mentioned that it's slightly worse for spins but don't take that as me saying it's bad, it's really quite good for 360s, just not quite as good as the Arcade was.

It's definitely my favourite bike I've had for a long time!

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks for that Ali! I’ve ordered one already! It’s a no brainier really as I’ll ride natural a fair bit as well. 

Looks like your progressing on the hex then, sounds good dude.

I think it comes with holly rollers, what would be your first choice tyres to swap too? I guess that’s the first thing I should swap out 

Good to hear :) 

tyre choice ice depends on what you plan to do, the holy rollers are pretty good for street but have thin sidewalls, I’d recommend a dh tube or a tubeless conversion.

i had good results with turning a dh conti Dee baron slick by cutting off the tread, still great grip on street but fast rolling too, decent puncture resistance and stable feeling but no good for grass or anything wet.

im currently using conti Race King 2.2 front and rear, tubeless front but I’m experimenting with a super thick dh tube in the rear (more rubber gives more bounce, more weight gives more dampening when landing bigger drops)

theres lots of tyres out out there so take a look 

• Like 3