Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark W

Fabiolous Escape 2

19 posts in this topic

There is a certain quantity of cheese in this, but you can't really f**k with the scale of the riding at points in this:

2 people like this

So what was that bra doing exactly?

Riding's insane, I would prefer it if he could come up with a non-chase concept though, detracts from rewatchability if I have to listen to comedy screams from pursuers to watch five cool bits again.

2 people like this

Didn't like it. I will accept a little bit of cringe, but not when I cringe pretty much the whole way through. But not being 12, i'm not exactly the target audience. Such a shame, because he is really talented on a bike.

1 person likes this

5:45 was satisfying  
7:10 made me giggle because I'm a child 
7:20 surprised me 

The rest of it would have been "EPIC xD" if I was 10 years younger.

4 people like this

Epic riding ruined by cheese. He really needs to chill out a bit and get someone like Stu Thompson involved to keep the riding nuts but remove the shite...

2 people like this

I enjoyed it. Yes it was cheesy but overtly so, so I assumed he'd gone over the top with it deliberately. Huge riding regardless, smashed it. :)

2 people like this

Produced and directed by: Fabio Wibmer. Well there's a surprise! Overtly is fine but when it's cringey and detracts from the riding it's just daft. Meh, cerrrazy riding nonetheless!

The standard of the riding itself was nuts, fair play on that. The slapstick stuff gets a bit much, and also it could probably have been a minute or two shorter. Would be nice to try producing a video without going for the comedy effect.

4 people like this

Insane riding. He's got some serious balls. 

I guess he's just working to the formula he knows gets the most views. Oh he fell over, oh he fell over again!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Tony Harrison said:

it could probably have been a minute or two shorter

Ten minute videos or over get the most ad revenue on youtube, wonder how long this video was....

Not going to hold wanting money against the guys who made this, it's just annoying how a lot of videos on youtube feel slightly too long since those rules were put into place.

I agree with the cheese comments. A bit of comedy is OK, but this video goes too far and it gets annoying.

The nuts riding, with the inclusion of the funny little bra clip would be good, those cringey ski-police but distract from the good content. If it's 10 minutes they were trying to achieve, get another rider in there and have a race down the hill, that way you can use the same clips twice, as you'll have two different riders doing the same jumps etc...

1 hour ago, bikeperson45 said:

Ten minute videos or over get the most ad revenue on youtube, wonder how long this video was....

Not going to hold wanting money against the guys who made this, it's just annoying how a lot of videos on youtube feel slightly too long since those rules were put into place.

Ah so that explains why so many vlogs have titles that seem like they could be covered in about 30 seconds and yet the video is about 16 mins long...

The outtakes of this must be brutal.

What rear hub is Fabio running during that rollback chase segment?

No chain would be my guess.

Wonder what he was up to when he broke his collar bone and if there would have been less cheese in it with a clip or two more?

Brilliant riding, but yes, quite a lot of cheese, however I'm kinda used to it. Maybe we're all getting too old for it?

He broke his collar bone attempting the heli bomb drop for the third time to get a different angle, it was the last clip he had to film so it didn't make much difference to the video.

I personally don't think riding always needs a gimmick or story, if he had streamlined the video without a story it would've had just the same impact...then again I'm not as euro as Fabio and his fan base, the Germans and Austrians love a bit of cheese.

1 person likes this

I think non-riders can probably engage more with a bit of cheese thrown in, too.

For us it's all about the technical ability, but for someone that knows nothing about bikes and riding, it might be boring to just have pure riding and no storyline, I guess?

That was a lot more than a bit of cheese. Like a 1" slab of blue cheese overpowering a fine Wagu burger.