Ashton justice (work in progress)

NVWOCI WVS

I've been out of the trials game for a few years; travelling around a lot, which has made riding impossible. However, in in the UK at the moment, working on a fairly big project, and this bike came up locally. It's pretty much the perfect geo for me, and in amazing condition for its age. I believe it to be a mk1 justice, but the wheelbase only measures 1020mm, with a bb height of -5mm. The parts on it were a bit of a weird mish-mash, so started putting it together, mostly with spares I had kicking around (including some renthal carbon fatbars), but bought a new (old) front wheel, with a hope xc hub to match the rear. Need to make a chain tensioner- something along the lines of a 74kingz. Also need some new forks, as the nds dropout is pretty mangled, and the wheel slips of you brake hard. Still needs some refining and finishing before I can ride it properly, but had a little play on it, and it feels good! The original saddle is missing, so I'm going to make a carbon one, when I get round to it.

More progress to follow...

20180426_112758.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome to the Mk1 owners club.

Its actually a Mk1 with the updated paint job. The first batch of Mk1s had the red and black triangles that didn't join over and under the top and down tubes.

Shame about the mangled forks :( Suit it so well.

Ill be keeping a weathered eye on this as I want to see this carbon saddle!!

• Like 1

As Ross says graphics are later ones for the silver frame, which is good as I think the first batch were made of thinner tubing or something and more prone to breaking.

Wheelbase on mine only measured 1020mm (with a Hope headset) but it was the most fun trials bike I ever owned when I had it set up with 2.5" ride Azonic bars.

• Like 1

You don't see many of those forks anymore. What a bummer! There are probably still a few of the red ones floating about though. Inspired forks also go pretty well on these, or Echo Urbans will do the job.

I still have one of these frames in the loft and it's in really nice condition. I refuse to get rid of it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I ended up going for a set of Inspired forks and just a simple Gusset chain tensioner. Didin't end up making a saddle in the end. It's a hell of a lot of fun to ride, and I know I'll never find another one, but I just don't really get the time to enjoy it. I've ridden it 4 times since having it all working. Can't really justify having it taking up space, so she's going up for sale. Anyone interested? I'll make a classified add in a minute.

DSC06903.JPG

DSC06911.JPG