Dirt jumping on a hex

Joshemerytrials

Moto trials rider- getting into all this bikes recently. Loved doing a bit of jumping on my sc 5010 this week but I’m going to destroy it soon If im not careful only 130mm travel trail bike really.. bottoming out hard coming off jumps. Probably because I’m shit and I don’t know what I’m doing but, 

my question is would my hex be a good bike to get into dirt jumping more? I mean it looks similar to a Specialized dirt jumper but I know there’s a lot of differences and to be fair I think I might shit myself trying to do jumps with no suspension 

What do people think? Or should I get rid of the trail bike and get an enduro 

I know you can do it on any bike but I seriously don’t want to destroy this 5010 it cost too much 

Air tokens/volume spacers will help massively and I'd certainly recommend popping some in especially if it has "rockshox" written on it ;) I run 3 up front now and no issues at all. All the travel gets used because that's how shocks work of course, but I rarely bottom out anymore and if I do its never that harshly. Front end wont feel so low either :) 130mm or 180mm of travel, I can ride a trek fuel ex on the same stuff I ride my specialized enduro on and have zero problems on either bike so if the 5010 works for you really well, personally I'd just keep it because they feel much more nimble and playful! Only get a bigger, slacker bike for more aggressive trails 75% of the time or if you fancy a genuine all-rounder because although they still pedal nicely it will feel a lot slower to what you'd be used to currently. I also have a Hex and it rides really well at pump tracks and dirt jumps compared to my little Skye. The geo is better for it and bigger wheels roll over stuff much nicer. :)

Rode my hex a bit at valmont bike park in boulder, colorado... a dream huge bike park full of everything you could imagine!!! 

Don’t think anything will break on it assuming you have decent parts... feels a little weird to ride on dirt jumps- not as comfortable as a dedicated dirt jump bike... but it does the trick for sure.