Which carbon fork is the strongest? Crewkerz? Monty?

Mr_Orange

I'm looking at 20" carbon forks and I'm wondering which one is considered the strongest one out there?

Here's 2 i've been checkin out that have unique properties:

Crewkerz. This one works with a through-axle hub. Does this improve the overall fork strength?

https://www.trial-bikes.com/en/crewkerz-tapered-20-carbon-fork-p-538108.html

Monty. This one is the heaviest CF fork so i'd assume the extra material is going to make it stronger.

https://www.trial-bikes.com/en/monty-m5-carbon-tapered-20-fork-p-537843.html 

Any other ones out there considered to be strong?

I have been using Crewkerz ones since they have been released on both 20" and 26" bikes. They are very rigid but give you that great rebound when needed on hooked moves. Also the brake rigidity is second to none. Go that way

Edited by Canardweb

thanks for the feedback. Do you retire carbon forks (or parts in general) after a certain amount of time?

I'm about to put together a mountain bike soon too so i've been wondering what's the current deal with carbon fiber tech in general these days. 

I guess people who are serious about these sports tend to have something totally new after a couple of years anyways. But what if say you bash/dropped a carbon fiber part against a rock or ledge early on? Are people just rolling the dice on these things or are there new recent developments in cf that have redefined this material?

Edited by Mr_Orange

Typically you can get away with a reasonable amount.  I've seen some fairly heavily scratched carbon bars and forks keep on going, but it's worth exercising your judgement with that.  If it's a deep gouge then it might be worth keeping a very close eye on it to see if you can see the start of any cracks form, but if it's just a little scratch here and there it's all good.

For strength, the Crewkerz or Clean forks are the way to go.  The Crewkerz forks require a through axle front hub which theoretically helps stiffen up the front of your bike a bit, but if you've got a standard bolt-in front hub the Clean forks will be the best for you.  Going for the Clean forks gives you a lot more flexibility with hubs you can run which is worth bearing in mind.