Street/urban riders in West Yorkshire

aener

I suck the metaphorical Fat One at solo riding,  and I hate doing it. The two nearest riders to me that I know are over an hour away, and are both busy so commonly not available. 

I'm desperate for someone to ride with. I mostly enjoy street. Not necessarily "Street", but riding in towns. I really don't care if you have a saddle or not, or what size your wheels are. I enjoy rocks too, but only really one ride in ten or so.

Please - if there's anyone left, I'd love to be included. At the minute it's feeling like finding a regular riding partner/group, or admitting defeat. It's just too detrimental to my mental state to keep battling at it alone when it just won't work.

P.S. I'm not on Facebook so if you know anyone on there that's not on here I'd appreciate being put in touch. 

Edited by aener
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, aener said:

P.S. I'm not on Facebook so if you know anyone on there that's not on here I'd appreciate being put in touch. 

I don't like facebook in general but it is worth it just for the sake of finding people to ride with.

Tartybikes have a page just for this perpose in fact and there are groups for local areas too.

Im from the wrong end of the country from you unfortunately but have been to shipley glen a few times at weekends and have always bumped into other riders there.

good luck.

facebook is cancer, but like mentioned the tarty rider finder has been really helpful. theres a few other rider pages too, admittedly some just end up being sale pages. also, instagram. i met most of the people i ride with through instagram. i know its not your thing, but if you solely use it just to find riders, could be a good thing. 

i feel the biggest thing here is that hoping youll bump into someone/  scouring the forums is now the outdated way of doing things- as sad as that may be to some. modern social media seems to be where its at. youll get a lot of nay sayers, especially on here, but seriously, id have never met 1/3rd of the people i have without it. 

wish you luck sir. im travelling up that way soon, ill give you a text if you dont mind riding with me

Facebook isn't cancer I've met Many people in Many countries through Facebook. Instagram is the new medium and it works. Reading that one of the greatest most creative riders ever might quit because no one to ride with is just sad as f**kkkkkkk! First I ask what your work, career, family are like and can you can live elsewhere? We have a new rider from Ukraine that picked Vancouver for the trials scene plus another from Romania that had quit trial and now back doing it again and killing it and teaching bike riding here. Even if you relocated to somewhere close but with riders Aberdeen, bristol Scotland at leat you would be riding. I don't know you but I'm confident in saying riding should be your no 1 priority right now and making friends is good too  Forums are dead this is my first post in forever, I finally got Instagram last November, sometimes you have to cave to get certain things. Being anti this and anti that isn't cool as a grown man. I was anti brake less and anti mod and here I am trying to convince you not to quit. I'm always amazed when people of high level quit. Is your job that good? Rock climbing that fun? Your new girlfriend that good of a lay that you'll toss away years or decades or fun. 

• Like 2

Travel or move, but stopping is not a long term solution...the itcing won't go away...Hope you find a solution so we all can enjoy your great videos I'm years to come...

• 2 weeks later...