Spank Race 33 cracks

andrey-p

19 minutes ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Nasty. Have you spoken to Spank about it at all?

Yes, I emailed this pic to Spank.

I riding on this rim about 12 months. But I used mail forwarding service for shipping from Webcyclery to my country, so I can't use warranty :( 

I can't help but notice that it looks like the holes on the inner wall are the same size as the outer wall? It also looks to me like the nipples have been on the outer wall? Am I seeing things that aren't there? If you had a wheel built up with the spoke nipples resting on the outer wall I'd expect to see cracks like that.

43 minutes ago, Al_Fel said:

I can't help but notice that it looks like the holes on the inner wall are the same size as the outer wall? It also looks to me like the nipples have been on the outer wall? Am I seeing things that aren't there? If you had a wheel built up with the spoke nipples resting on the outer wall I'd expect to see cracks like that.

I reckon the hole facing us is the valve hole. My guess is the others reduce down for the spokes. Seriously odd goings on though!

• Like 1

Wheel was built in a workshop with a good reputation and I had no problems with it. But couple months ago spokes start loose tension to fast. I was thinking this is nipples problem and order new sapim polyax.

Yesterday I got new nipples and see this when taken off rim tape.