All Things 24"!

Tom_C

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I want a 24" tyre for the front, any ideas?  Would like something light-ish, and the cheaper the better :blink:

IMO, either Tioga Comp 3 2.1, can't fault it really, not for £12 from CRC, great for street, grip isn't great, especially in the wet, Hot-S kinda grip i'd say, slides on wet bricks etc, 740g, narrow.

Or, for street and other bits, Specialized Roller 2.5" REALLY light, 550g, sidewalls like paper, good grip, I'd liken it to a single ply maxxis, not that I'd ever used one haha, wears pretty fast, I pinched mine on the front, tapping haha, but thats just me probably. £20 approx.

EDIT: Maybe one of thnese in 24"? Not been used but sound almost perfect.

Tioga Blue Dragon Sport

Edited by rich4130

EDIT: Maybe one of thnese in 24"? Not been used but sound almost perfect.

Tioga Blue Dragon Sport

tried for ages to get one of them in the uk - proved pretty much impossible (basically went for a moto digger instead)! CRC said they wern't going to get any in ever, but maybe they have changed there mind.

A mate had the 26" version and it was decent.

mike

About those Specialized Roller Pro Tyres- They're quite light but I also think they're pretty shit to be honest. I've been riding for about 3 years and had 1 pinch, then I get my 24, last December with that tyre and I've had 6 in the last 6 months and I hardly even ride! They also seem to wear down really quickly.

If Mavic made they're Ex721 in 24" and Michelin finally realised how big 4X Racing is and started making Hot S, Comp 24's in 24" all would be well!

Edit: Updated the FAQ properly now, only problem is going to be finding some of the rims or tyres in the U.K.

Tom (Y)

Edited by Tom_Leeson

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Get a 2.5" swampthing, there not as wide as the High Rollers, and will be find on a rhyno lite.

I would have done, but I saw Mike Judson who had worn down his swampthing almost completely in two weeks. Gonna try a High Roller and then see what happens (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

I need a new rear rim...

must be 36H and strong and not too heavy, but not a ryhno lite xl, dmr or atomlab

Was going to get a tioga DH, but can't get it in 36H

I have heard that the Onza Ronnie/Reggie are coming out in 24" any news?

been looking a mammoth dh's as they ain't too heavy in the 24" version

mike

Planet X bmf/Alex DX32 etc ?

Dill some holes and they are still solid. It will be my next rim if my Odyssey ever gives out, which its showing no signs of doing.

yeah i was looking at the BMF or maybe even the LMF. Off on my hols for two weeks though, next week. so will see when I get back. maybe onza ones will be out then.

i should have got two of those Odyessy rims at the bike show (Y) or three or four

mike

Edited by leedstrials

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Building up an et24" at the minute, and just got myself a set of Tiogas, from CRC so £25 each.

Haven't had a chance to ride them yet as still need to sort out the last few parts, but look absolutely stunning and from what I've heard should stand up to a fair bit of abuse!

Only thing is they are supposed to be disc only, and I'll be running maggies, so may end up grinding them if the braking is too shit. Depends on how quickly the braking surface wears I guess.

Only in 32h though which I can see will annoy some people...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...