Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

Hey,

Was just thinking of semi-resurrecting the infamous "bike pics" thread, but for BMX's? Seeing as some other people have just got some BMXs (incl. me!), and I know a lot of people already have them.

Go nuts!

Mark.

fly pantera 21" frame.

gallery_627_7_1092310584.jpg

front end - fly malaga stem, pantera bars, dirty harry levers, clarks cables.

gallery_627_7_1092310649.jpg

rear end - profile LHD 10t, 36h big city rim, primo excell cranks, odyssey Jim C pedals & FBM 28t chainring.

gallery_627_7_1092310796.jpg

front brake - odyssey evolver with plazmatic spanish V'fly pads (same setup on the rear) i'll stick my neck out and say there isn't a better pair of bmx brakes in the world. :P pads are available from www.cleanbikes.co.uk for £16. well worth it. they MAKE the brake :)

gallery_627_7_1092311057.jpg

head on view

gallery_627_7_1092311203.jpg

gallery_627_7_1092312786.jpg

hope you like :)

john

Edited by BONGO

• 9 months later...

Ok so here are the pictures of what my bike looks like now. Its just the right setup for me, just need to get used to the gear ratio, its a bit hard.

Specifications

Frame: Black Fit Bikes Logic frame.

Fork: Black Eastern fork.

Bar: Black Eastern bar.

Stem: Black Eastern stem.

Front Wheel: Gold, 36 hole Profile Mini SS hub with 14mm ti axle and nuts built onto a Black Sun Big City rim using Black plain guage spokes.

Rear Wheel: Gold 36 hole Profile Mini SS Cssette hub with 9 tooth ti driver and 14mm ti axles and nuts built onto a Black Sun Big City rim using Black plain guage spokes.

Tyres: Maxxis Hookworms with super light inner tubes.

Chain Tensioner: Blackand silver Exposure chain tug.

Seat Post; not sure thing its Snafu

Seat Clamp : Profile Slim Jim seat clamp

Seat: Cow SDG Bel Air Ti

Brake: Dirt Harry lever with Black Oddessey Linear Slic Cable with Black Oddessey Evolver Calipers and Plazmatic Spanish V Fly pads.

Grips: Demolition grips

Headset: Chris King. (the gold one looked crap so swaped with brothers black one)

Bar Ends: Profile Bar Tenders.

Dust caps: Cheap ass gold bling bling form Ebay.

Drivetain: Profile 170mm Racing cranks with 25 tooth Gold Profile Imperial chainring.

Pedals: DMR V8 pedals 9I will change these, they are very old and wobble like Mr Blobby.

Chain: KMC Kool chain

Pges: Two Shadow Conspiracy Mean pegs.

The bike must weigh under 30lbs it is seriously light yet remains super strong. The gear ratio is making things a lot harder but its something Ill get used to and will benefit me in many ways.

The brake setupis so smooth and it locks better than my trials bike brake and it modulates damm well to.

Heres the Pictures >>>

pbpic491074.jpg

pbpic491075.jpg

pbpic491073.jpg

pbpic491072.jpg

Enjoy the viewing Ill carry on enjoy the ride this beast provides.

• 1 month later...

SuperS*** Parkinson got here today from Ben Lee :) Rides really nice, change from the Shorty McShort-Short Federal. Rides really nicely on ramp, and for everything basically...

The Federal was a silver frame, and it had black parts 'cos they went well. Now though I've got a black frame and it's well stealth/goth :)

dscf00027pa.jpg

Got a dodgy bald Holy Roller up front ('til I put my 2.1 V-Monster back on), and a knackered (two holes in the side of the tyre covered up with plastic) Elm Street tyre on the back. Elm Street's well nice, but the Holy Roller is arse.

This is Matt Hudson's WTP Thrillseeker too, just so he's got his say :(

dscf00066rh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New bike, finally rode it today, after having it two days.... other things to do.

Felt pretty sweet compared to old shed I had, loving a 21"tt.

Need to se to work on the brakes and put a couple of pegs on though

post-60-1120768949_thumb.jpg

post-60-1120769067_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Perfect seat height

Personal preference 'n' all....... However you like your bike is how you should ride it, don't ever let people tell you how to have your bike :turned:

Anyway, may I present the reason I gave up trials....

dsc002646qx.jpg

Shadow slim seat and post on order, should be here tommorow..... and when my new card comes through I'm going to get some new cranks and pedals, so here's where i need some help....

I want a euro bottom bracket, but adapters for this USA BB frame, as I will eventually get a S+M LAF, and want to spend around £150 including the adapters, so help on that would be great.

I'm also after some new pedals, some obviously grippy, SEALED, and importantly a big surface area, willing to spend around £35-40 on them.....

Thank you's :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my BMX built up with new frame, forks and bar.

pbpic576389.jpg

Only probem right now is its missing a brake as the cable snapped again and the left crank arm is wobbling, hopefully it just needs a spacer otherwise new crank time. Needs a black chainring as that one is bent to kingdom come.

Do you think the bars look better in white or gloss back.

Nice bike James, good to see it all built up :)

Let me know how the Elementary goes too. I bought one before, but the steerer toob was a bit too short. Gutting!

Anyway, watch out with the rear V-Monster, they're not shit hot from my experience. Wear pretty quick, and I managed to utterly f**k mine's sidewalls with relative ease. They just tear up and get scuffed grinding, and htey're pretty thin. I managed to pinch so bad hanging up on a hop->manual up a 5-set that it tore two holes in the tyre.

Classy.

Anyway, no new pics of mine yet. Got my new Shadow Conspiracy Lite stem on (had to knurl the bugger with a hacksaw - a.k.a. "Get a hacksaw and cut lines in it" - 'cos my Beringer bars have got waffer knurling so they slip easy).

Michael - nice bike too! Are those the 2004 41Thermals? Look like they've got the older stickers on? If you want the 'new' stickers in either red, white, green or yellow (and maybe blue too?) I've got the stickersheet from mine left over, so I'm sure I could spare you some of the fancy-ass nice new stickers :ermm:

P.S. James - phoned you guys up on Saturday, told someone I'd spoken to you 'bout the wheel shiz. Gotta wait 'til Wednesday (they guessed) 'til the red Hazard would be in. Had to have it in 48H which sucks, just 'cos they won't have any 36H rims in in chrome for a month or so.