Pad Reviews

Mark W

Give everything a grind. Sand the top of your pads. Bleed. Sorted.

In other brake related news.......

Croco Browns Croco Browns Croco Browns Croco Browns Croco Browns Croco Browns Croco Browns Croco Browns

*Liked.

What happened to your rocks?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pads: Heatsink Yellows

Rim used: Trialtech

Lightish/mediumish grind

Brake used: Magura 05, 4 finger blade, water and antifreeze bleed.

Review: Epic, prefer them loads to my tnn lgms, sound alot nicer(similar to real cousts) amazing bite and hold. The only pads id ever use now! :)

Pads:RockMan Blues

Time used:Just about 5 weeks

Rim used:echo urban

Grind: Yes ishh

Brake used: Magura

What is your opinion of a working brake: Nice sharp bite, amazing hold .

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: bit better

Review: it might be that its a dead grind but the hold is orite sometimes, for a manual there perfect. and to be fair they aint worn down at all and i ride 4 times a week, good at the moment should be amazing with a nice grind

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: TNN LGM

Time used: 3/4 months

Rim used: Try-All

Grind: Yes, deadish

Ceraminc: No

What is your opinion of a working brake: Good bite and hold

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Amazing!

Review: These are really powerful, worked amazing with my booster but they were silent. Took my booster off and now they are even better but extremly loud! Would recomend to anyone thinking of buying. :)

Pads: Tnn Kenny Belaey

Time used: A month or so

Rim used: Try-All

Grind: Yes

What is your opinion of a working brake: Good bite and hold

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Amazing!

Review: Got these before they are in the shops, to do some testing for Tnn Engineering. Theses pads took about 30mins to bed in, on a fresh, light but sharp grind. After the bedding in, they are insane! Tnn will do very well with these pads, as they are better than any pad I've ever tried. (Hs yellows/blues/reds, koxx yellows/blues/greens, Phatpads, Plaz CRMs and just abit better than my LGMs).

• 4 weeks later...

Pads:Echo White

Time used: A week

Rim used: Onza Hog

Grind: no

What is your opinion of a working brake: Nice sharp bite, amazing hold .

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Extremely poor

Review: I've had worse brakes, but don't let that distract you from the fact that this is one appalling set up in the Tgs sense.

HOWEVER: I just wanted to flag these up for street riders, I'm talking spins manuals etc. These might work well, they have good hold but not much bite so I think they'd be excellent for that sort of thing.

They make a high pitch squeak much like in Fred Judds (I think that's his name) video a long while ago.

Nope, useless. They're surprisingly good on a medium grind though, wear rate is terrible but at £11 a set, you can't go wrong really. :P

(They were £11 when I last bought some, in 2006, no idea what they are now).

Nope, useless. They're surprisingly good on a medium grind though, wear rate is terrible but at £11 a set, you can't go wrong really. :P

what about heatsink red are they any good on a smooth rim?

What pads are best for a smooth rim?

Pads: Heasink Yellows in Rockman CNC backings

Time used: 2 Months

Rim used: Onza Pro Series Square

Brake used: Magura 05 , water bleed

What is you opinion of a working brake: Good bite, Better Hold

How do they compare to previous pads: Alot better, compared to most other pads, rockman and TNN.

Review: with a booster the hold is amazing it just wont slip, even in the wet, sound is really good too. Without a booster the bite is immense, but the hold is not quite as good but still efficient, recommend these to anyone!

Not a reveiw, are onza citrus any good on a smooth rim ?

I have the Citrus Greens. Oh my god... They're awesome.

They do wear down CRAZY quick on a grind, so I run a sanding pad over the rim, rather than a cutting/grinding disc. Best brake I've ever had.

Even with that, they're half gone in a month. Still - I view it as worth it for such a good brake.

Edited by aener

• 3 weeks later...

Pads: Kenny Belaey TNN

Time used: 1 week

Rim used: Tryall Hole

Brake used: HS33

Went from rockman blues to the Kenny Belaey pads which are unbelievable, i cant describe how good they are. Nice sharp bite and tons of hold.

I did a fresh grind on the rockmans blues and they just lacked bite and hold, i kind of always untrusted them for big gaps and natural, stuck the Belaey pads on the same grind and they are perfect, best pads i've ever used over the 5-6 i've ridden trials. Highly recommend.

Quite loud 7/10 for loudness but i dont mind considering the performance.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11311&category_id=4

Edited by Ipod Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: coust pads in metal backing

Time used: 1 - 2 months

Rim used: onza :unsure:

What is your opinion of a working brake: a brake that can hold well when i land a drop gap on my back wheel

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: much better than my last pads and a better hold

Review:i love these pads they hold really well they don't slip and they are really strong they give me lots of confidence on the back we'll and this helps me to gap further as i know i will land fine and my brakes will hold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pads: TNN BELAEY in cnc backing

Time used : few months

Rim used: trialtech sport

Brake used: Magura 05 , water bleed

What is you opinion of a working brake: Good bite, Better Hold

How do they compare to previous pads: much better hold and bite and feel to any previous pads ive used :)

EDIT: awsome brakes .. in wet and dry .. well worth the money !

Edited by matt.price

Pads: TNN Kenny Belaey / CNC Backing

Time used: 2 weeks

Rim used: Tryall hOle

Grind: Yes, Medium

Brake used: Magura HS33 2005, Blood bled, standard 2 finger lever, Tryall 2 Bolt Booster

What is you opinion of a working brake: Power, bite, hold and good noise for confidence

How do they compare to previous pads: better than any other set ups I've ever had in my 6 years of riding, the best were Plaz CRM's on old Tryall rim on light grind, but this one pisses all over it.

Review: Absolutely flawless pads, with a fresh medium grind it takes about 20 secs to bed in. The hold on them are just immense, the noise is brilliant if you like brake noises, it's loud and deafening and very sharp and it really helps with confidence personally. Backing looks rather pimp and fitted to my HS33 without a problem. They are a bit pricey mind you, but for that price and being the best brake I've ever used it's totally worth the extra money, being a harder compound I will assume the wear rate should be good, but time will tell.

Only bad thing I can think of is that it's not a snug fit with (my slave cylinder) it does have a little bit of play once locked up from the pads to cylinder, it's a slightly irritating creak and feels a little odd as you've always got that little play when you're on the back wheel etc. And I also fear that it might snap my slave cylinder into bits being that powerful.

Steve