Pad Reviews

Mark W

Pads: TNN LGMS

Time used:(2 pairs in 2 months ish)

Rim used: Echo TR 24"

grind: yes, medium

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura hs 33 rear. 05 lever, echo slaves, trialtech carbon booster. echo washer less clamps.

What is your opinion of a working brake: sharp, loud, hold, long lasting.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: good for about a week or two but wear very quickly.

Review: i have used them for about 2 months nearly. the first pair i had worn really quickly. i got told this could of been a dodgy pair. but i bought another pair thinking they would be ok. but these have pretty much done the same. i have one pair on the 20" and one on the 24". and they have both done the same. not to happy with them to be honest. best pads ive used are rock man blues!

Edited by ashleys sugden

Adms are worth a shot.

Epic stuff.

Pads: TNN Adms

Time used: 5 months

Rim used: Viz Singlewall 24". (same as tryall/rockman)

Grind: Yes, Medium

Brake setup: SL lever body with a mag 4 finger lever, 05 internals on mag slaves. Water bled, standard magura clamps with SL washers, no booster, Echo 24 frame.

Opinion of a working brake: lots of bite, lots of hold and a nice sound is a bonus too.

How do they compare to other pads youve run: Amazing. Used citrus, x hydras, heatsink yellows, reds, blues and snowies, Rockpads, Beleays, Begreens and LGMs. These are on a par with the Beleays and LGMs in terms of power, but are far more consistant.

Review: Was sent a set of these to test from Le around half a year ago now. 5 months on, the same set are performing flawlessly. Work brilliantly right through the grind, from fresh to dull, giving a real boost of confidence in my brake during those bigger moves. Extremely consistent, and offer quality wet weather performance. An ideal all weather pad. Also been using the compound in TNN Vee backings up front and again I have nothing bad to say of them. Nice and bitey with bags of hold, both forwards and backwards.

Theyre properly good stuff. Cant reccomend them enough. Wear wise Id say Im not even half way through them, either on the front or rear. Lasting well considering I ride almost every day if I can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

first brake pad review of 2013 man!

Pads: rockman CNC blues

Time used: 2 months (they came on my bike so god knows how long they have been used for, but they dont show any sign of wearing)

Rim used: Echo TR 24"

Grind: Yes (medium)

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: echo TR

What is your opinion of a working brake: bitey, load and holds well

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: best pads i have used, and i have tried two pairs of lgms which didnt work for me and two pairs of cousts which were great too ( when they were alive) and yellows didnt work for me either.

Review: best pads i have ever used, no sign of wearing, and i have a brand new pair waiting to be put on when these run out, i recommend these pads to everyone, they work in all weather (which is awesome)

Edited by ashleys sugden

• 4 weeks later...

Ofc ur pads have to bed in haha i think what happens is when u buy pads there fresh basically they get made in an oven type thing and they cool n when u press ur brake ur bedding them in go down very steep hills and press brake not to late at night as if u got tar/ground you will wake them up,! another thing go with rim grinds tar f**ks ur brake pads

No one cares what you have you say if you type like a 99% royal f**ktit.

yeah, at least try to make it look like you know what you are talking about. if you can't use basic grammar, then you shouldn't be on here

Ofc ur pads have to bed in haha i think what happens is when u buy pads there fresh basically they get made in an oven type thing and they cool n when u press ur brake ur bedding them in go down very steep hills and press brake not to late at night as if u got tar/ground you will wake them up,! another thing go with rim grinds tar f**ks ur brake pads

Holding the brake just dulls your grind, you need to press it on and off.

Working from 2 friends experience, Blues are mushy and the compound far too soft. turned to blue dust on a grind and were squidgy on smooth.

My CNC yellows are mint though

Frame: inspired Fourplay V2

Rim: Smooth inspired pro rim with or without a smear of tar

Brake: 05 mag full brake with a 2 finger, mag clamps with plastic washers, T/tech 2 bolt and water bleed).

complete opposites.

Don't think it's cos they are on a street bike either, These are going on the long bike when it comes back out too (rear V brake).

• 3 weeks later...

Pads: Plastic backed Coust Pads (10mm ones)
TIme used: Around 3 months

Rim used: Zhi 26" (not sure on model or material just know it holds grinds better than a downs kid holds a cat)

Brake used: Magura HS33 05 with standard magura clamps and washers (water bleed )

What is your opinion of a working brake?: Lots of hold and bite, not too bothered for noise, just as long as they work (these are freakin' loud though)

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: I've used a range of TNN pads and these are far superior to them all!

Review:

These are utterly incredible!! they bite and lock instantly, They hold way better than any other pad I've used too!!
Only downside is they're known to fall apart, but that hasn't happened to mine..

It's hard to explain how awesome these pads are, buy them!!!!

• 1 month later...

Whats the wear like on the ADMs? doesn't sound that long, unless your running harsh grinds?

This is my second set on the rear since the start of summer last year, and my original set are still going on a mates bike. They dont last as long as the LGM's but I think they way out perform them in terms of consistency.

I wouldn't say the wear life was bad at all. I run medium to harsh grinds, but thats not to say they need one. I like my brakes silly bitey and loud, but they work brilliantly on pretty much any surface.

Quick review, no real in depth analysis needed for this one...

Heatsink Yellows - Plastic backings

Try-All Hole 19" rim, medium sharp grind.

05 Mag, 2 finger lever, ice 2 frame with integrated booster, water bled.

Pants. Quite possibly the single worst set of pads Ive used to date. Very little bite to them, little hold, little sound, etc... all of which gives no real feel to the brake at all.
Worn down stupidly fast too. From near a full pad to about 3-4mm in just short of 5 days riding. Setup bang on sqaure (TR mounts, filed 4 bolt mounts etc...) and they have been terrible.

Me and Floyd (theadamantman on here) both installed ours at the very same time on Thursday evening. Both using the same rim, same clamps, same brake, same grinds. Only difference being his frame and the CNC backings. Both setups feel just the same, and both are as bad as each other in terms of performance.

I was looking forward to trying these out again, but yet again Ive just been met with disappointment as per the last few sets.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pads: Tnn LGM'S

Frame: 2010 onza zoot

Rim: onza zoot, fresh grind

Clamps: mish mash of evo and evo2 clamps/boosters

Got a set of half used lgm's from thinkdougie on here, Half worn and flat. I have to say, I am quite impressed with the bite and hold, and this is after riding with saints on 180mm rotors. They are very good, will deffo be getting some refills of these

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pads: Heatsink Yellow's
Time used: 7 month
Rim used: Onza
Grind: Yes/No Yes N
Ceraminc: Yes/No No
Brake used: Magura/V Magura
What is your opinion of a working brake: Brake that holds well throughout all conditions, also has a good sound!
How do they compare to previous pads you have used: they compare fantastic to the likes of Cousts
Review: I've got Heatsink plastic yellow front and back and there fantastic I've ran coust 7.5 before and there nothing compared to these. They offer a fantastic hold. and bite in any condition. They don't take much to bed in. And for the price you can't be had. I ran Cousts and only lasted 5 months these heatsinks yellow have lasted me 7 month which I think is amazing for the amount of torcher they encounter. Also in serious conditions I used tar which made them lethal. for £18 there the best. My rating 10/10