Riding Spot Pics

delusional

These pics are some of the reason I've not been posting much over the last few weeks (well that and not having my own computers nearby). There's a whole wealth of great riding spots, all within about 2 minutes walk of my parents house in Cornwall.

I thought I'd take a few pics to give you all taster of what my Christmas has comprised of :lol:

These are a few pictures of the old harbour on St. Agnes beach. I was annoyed that I didn't ride here more while I was in Cornwall, the amount of lines (from easy to impossible) here is just unreal.

gallery_4996_634_1104922697.jpg

gallery_4996_634_1104922666.jpg

And these are a couple of pics of the old mine workings at Wheal Kitty. There's something similar (but a bit bigger) a few miles away (near Perranporth) that pictures have been posted of here before.

gallery_4996_634_1104923541.jpg

gallery_4996_634_1104923502.jpg

There are more pics in my gallery, over here.

Bloody hell that looks well smart! Just like a massive pile of rocks, not even any flat ground between them! Looks lovely! Bigman im jealous that your so close!! :S

The other place with all the big walls etc looks smart to!

Enjoy

Rob :P :lol: :-

Wahey, they seem like some cool spots to ride, wish i lived closer. :-

Im very jelouse. Pegs, me and u gota go on more rides after tuesday, as logn as drving test goes to plan. :lol:"

Enjoy your minted riding spots. :S

Steve

SHIT me, gunna have to fix me bike quick ish and head over there, never knew there was riding like that at ST agnes.  (Y)

Make sure you check the tide times before you do. The rocks are all along one side of the cove, so you can only ride them when the tides out (other times they're under water).

Give me a PM when u are down next and i wil come and meet up with you  (Y)

Will do. Although it probably won't be until April now, but then I should be down for several months :)

MY DAD LIVES IN ST AGNES. haha, never seen that! where abouts is all that!

Wow, small world. I grew up there :)

The piles of rocks used to be the harbour (which fell down in about 1915), so they're along the side of the cove. You can't really miss them if you ever go down to the beach. Unless the tides right in I suppose...

The old mine workings are up at Wheal Kitty (on the cliffs, reachable by the stairs beside the Driftwood).

Yeh man sweet, nice pub is the driftwood, is it far from the driftwood? also when u go down to the beach, the harbour is on the left am i right?

I wanna ride on them but the tides always in! lol! i have seen some rocks on the right and side too. they look dodey though. Thats cool man, small world.

Edited by Trialsworks

Yeh man sweet, nice pub is the driftwood, is it far from the driftwood? also when u go down to the beach, the harbour is on the left am i right?

I wanna ride on them but the tides always in! lol! i have seen some rocks on the right and side too. they look dodey though. Thats cool man, small world.

No, not far from the Driftwood. Just go up the steps behind the pub and then head inland (and uphill) at the top. It's about 2 minutes walk, and only takes that long because it's all uphill.

You're right, the harbour is on the left. You've just got to time it right with the tides and you can easily get lots of hours riding in :)

All the rocks on the right are really dodgy, I haven't yet looked at them with my bike but there are loads of them (they follow the cliff all the way around to the next cove). You can just about make them out in this pic (linked to save peoples bandwidth). They're all naturally created rocks, so are sharp in places and interspersed with sand, shingle and rock pools. Certainly a challenge!

innit, i cut me trainer open on them rocks! loads of rock pools etc to dodge, When i went to the next cove, there were more rocks. Looks cool, ill have to stop at me dads for abit haha, Also i herd there is a quarry near St agnes Head. I remeber going there to walk me dog haha.

There many riders around them parts? i normally ride on me own when i go down there. I took me unicycle down one year and rode in the St Agnes carnivl. lol. For the railway pub :lol: haha.

is it that old mine place or somewhere near that part of the pashley video was filmed because I've always wanted to go there?

It looked like that and then had a massive mountainous slag pile off to one side.

oli

i never seen a rock in my life :lol:

There many riders around them parts? i normally ride on me own when i go down there. I took me unicycle down one year and rode in the St Agnes carnivl. lol. For the railway pub (Y) haha.

To be honest, I have no idea. There used to be two guys I occasionally rode with there, but that was about 5 or 6 years ago now. I'm pretty sure there are a few trials riders in the village still, because I found a load of pallets and rocks built up as if someone were building sections at Wheal Kitty.

I do know lots of motorbike trials riders down there... but that's kind of different.

is it that old mine place or somewhere near that part of the pashley video was filmed because I've always wanted to go there?

It looked like that and then had a massive mountainous slag pile off to one side.

It could be, there are several mountainous slag piles nearby, but I don't think so. I haven't seen the video, but I think from what I remember reading elsewhere it was filmed near Perranporth (at the similar place which I mentioned above) which is about 4 miles away.