Earphones. Nice Ones. :)

Phatmike

Right, my mum bought me some big ass, DJ style headphones for christmas, and i explained to her that earphones would be more usefull to me.

I'm looking for some pretty nice ones, i've found the Bang & Olufsen headphones, they're bloody nice, and can be found for under £55. £53 BIN on ebay

DSCN0059.JPG

(They're inner ear, not ones that are like inbetween inner ear + big ones)

Still, they're a bit too expensive, so if anyone can suggest some really nice earphones, that aren't very expensive, are good quality, and hang on the ear (like those ones ^^) too, it'd be brilliant.

Or a place where i can buy B&O ones real cheap?

Many thanks, Mike. :P

Sony MDR-EX71 is what I would recomend, £35, and the best headphones I have ever had, and strong too! I always break headphones but these have lasted well!

Are they the ones which fit *inside* your ear, like a rubber plug, and block out all outside noise? I had some like that - Sony ones - and they rocked :P)

Sony MDR-EX71 is what I would recomend, £35, and the best headphones I have ever had, and strong too! I always break headphones but these have lasted well!

Aye, I'd have to agree. I think I have the same ones, Sony Fontopia in-ear jobbies? You can get them for £26 off amazon.co.uk. They are really comfortable and don't fall out, not only that - because they block out nearly all outside noise you can play your music quieter... so your portable music thingymabob's battery lasts longer.

Any sennheiser ones. They are a pro audio company and all the money is spent on development into their products and quality control, not on advertising and tripe packaging like the sony stuff.

Also those inear ones can get quite painful as they scrape wax off your ear every time you use them, which is also pretty rank to clean off lol.

Those B&O ones are probably good, but you are paying for the fashion a bit there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they got nicked really quickly. At least with senheisser stuff people won't be so keen to blag it as the common fool won't have ever head of them.

James

Are they the ones which fit *inside* your ear, like a rubber plug, and block out  all outside noise? I had some like that - Sony ones - and they rocked :P)

Aye, I'd have to agree. I think I have the same ones, Sony Fontopia in-ear jobbies? You can get them for £26 off amazon.co.uk. They are really comfortable and don't fall out, not only that - because they block out nearly all outside noise you can play your music quieter... so your portable music thingymabob's battery lasts longer.

Yea they are the ones, bloody good too, and they clean your ears too, as James said :P . But they arn't painful, well mine havn't been in the year I've had them.

Yeah, i've seen those sony ones, they do sound (not literally, as i wouldn't know) good, but ideally i'd prefer some with a hook, like the B&O ones. If there is none, i'll probably just buy the sony ones.

Sound quality isn't really that important, since i'll be listening to *.mp3's mostly, and their quality isn't great either. The most important thing is comfort. :lol:

Thing is though, you KNOW that those bang oulfsen one will be good. Sure you are paying a little over the odds for a bit of style, but if they ever break, BO will always fix them for you if you go to a dealership. And i wouldnt worry bout anyone nicking them, no one ive ever spoke to who isnt into audio/hi-fi stuff has ever heard of them :lol:

Edited by JTM

Yeah I got the current top of the range fontopia sony ones from hong kong for like £50 (they aren't around in the uk)

They are wicked sound quality, the way they actually fit inside your ear cancels out all other sound pretty much, and nice sound quality.

Mine broke last week though :lol: I smashed the left eat, crap...

I don't think you're ever gonna get decent quality sound from in-ear headphones. I have some Sennheiser MX500's (The same as those ones on eBay, but I paid £20 for them :) ). Didn't notice too much improvement in sound quality over in-ear headphones I've used before, and they aren't that comfortable... Do the job though :P

How about these ones?

Seem a little cheap though...  :)

Those look identical to the ones i got with my Novatech mp3 player :)

I cant complain about the sound quality as i wouldnt notice the difference if i used soap on a rope, but they are without a doubt the most uncomfortable beatches i have ever had the privelege of putting in my ear holes.

This is probably due to the shape of my ears, but im investing in some new ones soon, not too sure what though.

Is anyone using any good out-ear headphones? (the type of thing with a clip and a big ass speaker attached to it?) The Bang & Ollufsen ones that fatmike found look ideal but are a shade too pricey for what im looking for.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Tod

• 2 weeks later...

Right, to update people on this topic, i got mine in the post this morning. Through no help to you all. :P

I've bought these:

0028337_03_lrg.jpg

They're really comfy, fully adjustable, and so far seem awsome quality. I've been playing some mega songs really loud, and some orchestral type stuff, and they seem to be holding up well!

£26.99 from here, although, they're out of stock, so i found a place for £28.99 from amazon, came next day. :o

I'd reccomend them, although the one thing that's annoying me so far is putting them in, since the "arms" are so adjustable, they're a faff to put in. I'm sure i'll get used to it.

Mike. :o

I have some Sony MDR-ED21 and the quality is brilliant, far better than the iPod ones, i did play really bassy songs and eventually the iPod ones blew up so i bought these and so far even on my computer stereo they seem realy good quality

hp_no_lg_so_mdred21lp.gif

* New Groove Shaped Earpiece provides wider frequency and better wearing comfort

* Bass Booster delivers strong bass

* Neodymium Magnet

* Sony acoustic twin turbo circuit

* Long bushing for comfortable fitting

* Thinner housing for comfortable fit

* Y shape cord

* 16mm Drive Unit Neodymium Magnet

* Pouch Supplied

All for £18

I have some Sony MDR-ED21 and the quality is brilliant, far better than the iPod ones, i did play really bassy songs and eventually the iPod ones blew up so i bought these and so far even on my computer stereo they seem realy good quality

hp_no_lg_so_mdred21lp.gif

* New Groove Shaped Earpiece provides wider frequency and better wearing comfort

* Bass Booster delivers strong bass

* Neodymium Magnet

* Sony acoustic twin turbo circuit

* Long bushing for comfortable fitting

* Thinner housing for comfortable fit

* Y shape cord

* 16mm Drive Unit Neodymium Magnet

* Pouch Supplied

All for £18

I love these earphones, I have used them for a good few years (they have changed a little, but the in-ear shape is still the same) and every pair i have had has served me well.

If you like in-earphones and dont want to spend too much, get these.

Edited by trials_rocks