Racism

munkee

im sorry but i feel this has to be said.. its ok having a joke n all every now and then but it really takes the piss when some little bitch decides shes gonna call your nigerian friend a nigger (yes but thats not the point ) i might be on some mission here to change peoples views but im drunk.. so what if you knew half the story of one of your friends and some little slut standing there called him a nigger you would be as pissed as me and for this reason im takin it out on the forum i cant help it. i Had a "word" not even her friendss could give an answer as why she said it.. im no wigger ( white man that wants to be black) but when something hits home it really means alot more . Why the f**k is it in this day and age that white people think they are any better than chinese etc and blacks.

Admittedly i didnt care less about the tsunami fund but this had really showed me how my reasoning was wrong it doesnt matter whaty race you are, whether your black , indian , blue for all i care you still mean something to some one and for this reason i wan to state that i am f**kin pissed off with the way this world thinks.

if you cant stand up for your friend because they called them something what the f**k can you do, it doesnt matter if you vote labour or conservative people have the same views. i sit here listening to free view crackling due to the shite reception in my uni halls but that doesnt matter because a close friend had been offended. its ok to have a joke i know but think about it next time, even if you are pissed it can really hurt someone and i mean REALLY hurt someone. i like to think that the trials community is not like this id like to thanks andy (tank_rider) and dan, steve and ads for all theyve done it might not be much but for a male rider its great knowing you can always fall back on your riding buddies, some assholes just dont care. Im drunk "yes" and i have exams soon but this has been the most angering subject ive had since ive been here, there is already a subject about if your drunk post here but this is a whole nother level... f**k al the racists, im glad i started trials because so far i have met the most open minded people on this earth ( so be it a forum ) but always you have contributed no racism like some scum think they can go away with.

THe end...

im gay have fun (Y) haha always the joker.. not really quite sad im ginger long live trials works :-p keep goin ben

Edited by Spacemunkee

worse? clearly you havent seen this happen.. try standing there seeing a friend taken the piss out of.. try reading the post because to me it means something even if im pissed it means something my heart is spilled and i dont care because this has to stop

I wont pretend to know what you mean exactly Chris, and how youre feeling, cos ive never experienced that before. But, ive had a couple of 'ethnic minority' mates before (Nigerian and Qatar-ian (however its spelt :( he was relatively English-ified though)), and theres nothing different about them... I dont get narrow minded people (Y)

Why the f**k is it in this day and age that white people think they are any better than chinese etc and blacks.

I wish i could tell you :S

I havent read the post fully, i think descussing racism, makes it worse.

So people are supposed to just keep quiet about it and let it happen? Racism is a problem. Problems need discussing to be got rid of. If people aren't educated as to the stupidity and narrow-mindedness of racism, it'll just keep happening.

It'll probably never go 100% away, but the fewer racists the better. They're just people who can't accept other for who they are.

How would you feel if you were in a supposed racial minority and people weren't prepared to even face something which directly and negativly affected you?

Keeping quiet is what had over 6 million jews killled in the holocaust (awaits crude"it's not true, it's a jewish hoax" statement from sameer).

Keeping quiet is not the answer yet when I or another jewish friend defends their rights, we are being 'demanding' or 'being paranoid', yet when certain religions DEMAND that their laws are respected they are being reasonable. (Y)

For example, Jewish law forbids for a man to touch a woman he isn't married to and vice versa, so if you were a highly religious jew you didn't do medicine, simple.

However recently a certain other religion has demanded that members of their faith don't have to touch members of the opposite sex (again except with in marriage) and that the government force universities to change their medical degrees to suit this law. This now means that any new doctors will have no hands on experience of certain procedures, meaning we have doctors who are much less well able to practise their profession. All because almost half the world's population are members of this faith.

This is not right. I resent it. :(

Another example, in switzerland there are laws governing the method of killing animals, this means that they cannnot be killed in the way seen proper to certain religions (namely islam and judaism) this was acceptable until recently, as one could import meat; when an animal rights (or anti-human rights group as I feel they should be called) demanded that all meat not killed in a way corresponding to swiss law be banned from the country (according to many swiss citizens this was motivated by pure antisemitism), this means that now no religious jews can live in switzerland CLEARLY contravening the human right to practise ones religion freely.

Also it's a load of bullshit if anyone has ever visited an abatoir and seen the traditional way of killing animals they will have no queries as to which is more humane.

Rant over

Sorry people but racism REALLY f**ks me off.

P.S. In relation to what Chris said, many people will argue that if a black person uses nigger on another black person it is ok. I would like to shed light on this: when a non-jew calls me a Jew I feel hurt and upset, I may not show it but I do, but when a Jew says it it feels different and ok. Don't ask me why but that's how it is and I'd assume it's the same with black people.

Daver

EDIT

Also Jon you're one hundred percent correct, when I see people shy away from the topic of racism I am appalled and disgusted at their spinelessness.

Edited by div

P.S. In relation to what Chris said, many people will argue that if a black person uses nigger on another black person it is ok. I would like to shed light on this: when a non-jew calls me a Jew I feel hurt and upset, I may not show it but I do, but when a Jew says it it feels different and ok. Don't ask me why but that's how it is and I'd assume it's the same with black people.

Daver

Fair enough, but it's getting to the stage where people are afraid to use the colour of someone's skin to describe them, for fear of being racist.

I agree something needs to be done, but getting narked cos someone's been called 'nigger' is not the way to go about it. The only reason that the woman/girl would have called your mate one, Spacemunkee, is because she knew it would aggravate you. If she could see that it didn't bother him or you one bit, then the chances are that she'd realise that the insult didn't work and so would stop using it.

Before we stop being racist, we've got to stop generalising about other headings which you can gather folk: Just because someone wears a tracksuit does not mean that you have a penchant for stealing things, again it's just a small minority.

Andy

the problem with todays society is that racism is growing!

in france le pen nearly got voted in as president because h was the only one who was going to do something about the work and imigrant problems in france.

over the last 4 years the BNP has grown 5 fold due to the other political parties doing f**k all about the issues the public are woried about. racism is going to get worse because the politians are all so wet blanket no one wants to vote for them and the extremist politians are gaining support.

educte everyone that race colour or creed means nothing, respect for each other and the environment means everything!!!

*QUOTE*

*QUOTE*

When black people use the term 'nigger' they are claiming the word back from the white men who use it as an insult. They use it and show they are proud to be black so it has no power for the white man anymore.

Your friend shouldnt feel ashamed or upset. S/He should be proud to be black! S/he should of turned around and said 'Yea. im black. And im glad i am'

Edited by sharn

We watch these videos at school about racism, and how wrong it is (and it is!) then that puts ideas into peoples heads. Then then go out and racialy abuse poeple, just to show how 'hard' they are in front of there friends. If these videos, and talks etc wont shown in the first place people wouldnt know it was wrong, it would even cross there mind!

This is the reason why i dont thinks its a good idea to desscus it, desscusions like these just make people more aware that black people are differnt from white people.

talking of white supremacist violent types i was in america recently

ok bill bailey said that

but i reckon that white people think they are suerior to anyone different is that its been embedded in them by western culture

think that there has only been about 60 years since it was allowed for you to treat them badly solely on their skin color , so i suppose its a new thing to the narrow minded nazi bastards

IMO racists are just jealous that they cant be different from a group. Everybody wants to be different right? I think racists know they couldnt handle being different, so they make fun of people who are to make them seem as if theyre in control and other people fear them. Then there are the school kids who go around saying racist comments because theyve heard them from somewhere or are just following the group to be 'cool'. They just need to open their eyes and realise the world is full of different people and no culture has more power over another.

*QUOTE*

*QUOTE*

When black people use the term 'nigger' they are claiming the word back from the white men who use it as an insult. They use it and show they are proud to be black so it has no power for the white man anymore.

Your friend shouldnt feel ashamed or upset. S/He should be proud to be black! S/he should of turned around and said 'Yea. im black. And im glad i am'

It's true, but when something like this happens you feel shocked and horrified and stunned.

I was being racially abused by some muslim boys in my school, first thought that came into my head wasn't I'm proud to be jewish but "f**k you you f**king arseholes" went off on a huge rant at them and I got in trouble.

I was too stunned and angry to think so I went with my instincts, it's the same with chris's mate what should and is are two very different things.

EDIT Grammar, spelling and example.

For example heres a case of should and is; during the second world war the British governement was perfectly aware of the situation in Germany and what was going on in auschwitz and the other camps, however when it was suggested that they bomb the train line from berlin to poland that was being used almost exclusively for the extermination effort, as it was on the route of a regularly flown bomb run and would save hundreds of jewish lives, they refused on grounds of extra risk.

If any one of them had had an ounce of decency they would have said yes as it was they refused and a pilot seeing he had a few extra bombs after his mission attempted to drop them on the track, he was later court martialled.

This is a perfect example, and it is also an example of why I hate institutionalised racism more than any other.

Edited by div

I think everyone has raciest thoughts but they dont go shouting them out willy nilly.

I dont hate people that ar enot white some of my best friends are asian, japs etc...

But I admit I can get pissed off with things like eastern europeans coming over here illigally and stuff but then I can also see why they do it so I just keep quiet.

Its the way of the world so live with it or go die.

I for one believe religion/faith is a stupid and bad idea and the person behind it :( should be shoot.

I believe religion along with a few other factors is the cause of the worlds problems. All these stupid wars over beliefs, religions, ways of doing things. (the odd capitalist economy wanting oil)

Sure religion add a sense of difference to a world that is becoming ever more increasing a global one, created and molded by a capitalist systme bent of profits. But it comes with problems ones that have auwful concequences.

Ramble over and Ive gone very :turned:

I for one believe religion/faith is a stupid and bad idea and the person behind it  :(  should be shoot.

I believe religion along with a few other factors is the cause of the worlds problems.  All these stupid wars over beliefs, religions, ways of doing things. (the odd capitalist economy wanting oil)

Sure religion add a sense of difference to a world that is becoming ever more increasing a global one, created and molded by a capitalist systme bent of profits. But it comes with problems ones that have auwful concequences.

Ramble over and Ive gone very :turned:

If there was no religion, we would be fighting over something else. It's never going to end...

i'm with michael hardman 100% religion is the cause of alot of hate etc etc, i've said all this before and got abuse for it so i won't go on...

racism is tupid though, i know loads of white people who should have been drowned at birth and so far i've never met a black man i think should have been drowned at birth but on the flip side i know some lovely white, black and asain people so judge people individually, not by their race, gender, creed, religious beliefs, sexual orintation etc etc etc...

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

over 6 million jews killled in the holocaust (awaits crude"it's not true, it's a jewish hoax" statement from sameer).

Crude? You speak as though you know over 6 million died. Which you don't. The irony is those who say so as second nature are the crude ones. But there's no need to go off topic.

Racism. Well... it's human nature to discriminate. Whether people like to use that word or not, it's what it is. Everyone who's anyone will discriminate during their sad lives. "Racial" discrimination was just the term attached to people who continued to class black people as black people even after all the Martin King shinanigans (so I've read, anyway).

But then it happens so trivially these days... not even in a bad sense, it's almost, dare I say, natural for it to happen. The obvious examples occur in circumstances similar to the news, where a headline may proclaim a 'black' person did this, or an 'asian' man did that. But the thing is, what suitable substitute is there for the description of such and such a person?! They are black. They are white. They are brown.

I guess what I'm trying to lead to is; I reckon it's only because of people of the race being mentioned that racism exists. People are too insecure and aren't self-sufficent enough to accept who and what they are. And it was that very insecurity that eventually, along the grand scale of time, kinda allowed the manifestation of racial terms. Like, people wanting to hurt somebody would acknowledge the insecurity of man and use it against them. If black people don't want to be called a "nigga" or a "negro" by someone of non-black nature, they should have let it die down with the mainstream racism in America. It's only cos of them continuing to use it that it's dragged on, and now being used as a weapon. But having said that, there may have been reasons for them using the word "nigga" amongst themselves, but I wouldn't know.

Anyway, all that is about what should and shouldn't have happened. Looking ahead, I'd say as this world continues to fludge into an ignorant state, racism (and some other types of discrimination) will only get worse. As someone mentioned, I think, the nationalist parties of countries continue to gain more power over the years. I have no idea what can be done to stop it, really.

So I'm a bit shit, I guess.

We watch these videos at school about racism, and how wrong it is (and it is!) then that puts ideas into peoples heads. Then then go out and racialy abuse poeple, just to show how 'hard' they are in front of there friends. If these videos, and talks etc wont shown in the first place people wouldnt know it was wrong, it would even cross there mind!

This is the reason why i dont thinks its a good idea to desscus it, desscusions like these just make people more aware that black people are differnt from white people.

Racism was just as bad if not worse before people were challenged about their racist views. Before there was education about racism and why it's wrong people attributed ethnic minorities to events or actions which affected the ethnic majority negativly.

For example, in the case of the Jews; in Germany, people were envious of the Jews because of their financial standing and success amongst other contributing factors. Education allows people to see why they were successful: due to hard work. In the 1930's the economic climate in Germany wasn't in such a state that the government would help people, they were on the edge of recession. This proves that they actually had to work their bollocks off.

These days, the majority of racists are racist just to be racist. They are just insecure about themselves and scared of people who aren't the same colour as them because they aren't particularly successful themselves.

The majority of hard working, successful Englishmen aren't racist, although there are numerous exceptions. Notice how the majority of racisms are unemployed, lazy or unwilling to sort their own lives out to ensure themselves a better life. They're too busy bitching about how all the non-white Brits or immigrants have all the jobs they should have. Bullshit. We live in a competitive society. You have to work for what you want. It's just an excuse. It's just people who've never had that chance deserve a little head start.

People moan and bitch about how people come from across the world and settle in Britain and are then given a council house or money to set them up. People say "I never got this, why should they?". Well, any "true Englishman" should already have qualifications if they stayed in school long enough, so that gives them an advantage for a start. Also, immigrants aren't going to have any property or possessions to secure a loan on, so they aren't going to get a starting kick into the job-market, and where the hell are they supposed to live? Many Brits also have people they can go to, people who can support them, friends, family etc. They've grown up in this country so they're going to be able to navigate the support and benefit systems of the UK a lot easier than someone who’s just moved here can.

Looking ahead, I'd say as this world continues to fludge into an ignorant state, racism (and some other types of discrimination) will only get worse. As someone mentioned, I think, the nationalist parties of countries continue to gain more power over the years. I have no idea what can be done to stop it, really.

I'm not sure about that. As has been said in the topic already - 50 years ago it was acceptable for most people to admit that they didn't like black people. These days, people who think like that are in the minority, and they know it. So racism is clearly on the decrease. However, the underlying racism in the country has begun to manifest itself in ever more prominent spotlights (The BNP etc). That is not to say that racism is more of a problem now than it was, or that there are more racists in Britain since the turn of the century. It's just been highlighted more.

The BNP came along and got some power in some shit towns across the country. I am convinced that this is nothing more than a) ignorance on the part of voters and b) the power of the minority. If you can group together 30% of the vote in a local election, you stand a good chance. The fact still remains that 70% are opposed to the BNP, but their vote is split between Labour, Lib Dem, Conservative and others.

That's my take on things, I'm not saying it's right by any means, but it's definitely something to think about :turned: