Full Bike Or Split

JT!

Ok, i have a mod i was going to build up and sell for about £100. But i'm lazy. And i am starting to think about all the things i would have to do, little things like cutting cables and stuff.

So i was wondering if it would be better to sell the bits on seperatly. It is a Da bomb (19" rear wheel). The rear wheel has a spoke that you can pull out the rim, but cant be screwed back in. But the wheel is still true. The front wheel has something wrong with the hub, its like the cones are loose, but they are actualy tight.

The frame is actualy in quite good working order, but is very scratched. The rest of the components are ok, and i should be able to sell ok. Base cranks, 'no make' chrome cranks. ACS 16t freewheel. 113mm ISIS bb. Shram (i think thats how its spelt) 5.0 and 9.0 breaks, new break blocks and cables and housing. Mission bar stem combo (normal sise, not oversised like on the missions.) 'no make' black v forks

Wheels have very worn down stickyfingers on, and the frame / rear wheel is 14mm axel :- .

So all i want to know realy is should i put the effort in to build the bike up, or sell on the bits individualy. Which would get me more dosh?

Thanks.

Erm....

I supose.

yeah, actualy, come to think of it, it is.

But it has got something to do with selling and buying, so i'm not a total idiot.

I was thought of thinking of useing the same topic to sell the bits.

Oh, poo. I thought it was in for sale / wanted section. Wrong place twice.

Yep i am a total idiot.

:-

Edited by JT!

Well back to the original point of the post........ :)"

Sounds like a pretty unloved bike from your description. I think a spray on the frame, to cover those scratches, and a general check over of the components (to make sure they don't suddenly fall apart, although it sounds as if they all ready are!) then build it.

Missions are generally novice bikes so a kid starting trials will want a bike sharpish, so building it will help sell to the bikes target audience.

Guy :-

Ok, i have a mod i was going to build up and sell for about £100. But i'm lazy. And i am starting to think about all the things i would have to do, little things like cutting cables and stuff.

So i was wondering if it would be better to sell the bits on seperatly. It is a Da bomb (19" rear wheel). The rear wheel has a spoke that you can pull out the rim, but cant be screwed back in. But the wheel is still true. The front wheel has something wrong with the hub, its like the cones are loose, but they are actualy tight.

The frame is actualy in quite good working order, but is very scratched. The rest of the components are ok, and i should be able to sell ok. Base cranks, 'no make' chrome cranks. ACS 16t freewheel. 113mm ISIS bb. Shram (i think thats how its spelt) 5.0 and 9.0 breaks, new break blocks and cables and housing. Mission bar stem combo (normal sise, not oversised like on the missions.) 'no make' black v forks

Wheels have very worn down stickyfingers on, and the frame / rear wheel is 14mm axel  :- .

So all i want to know realy is should i put the effort in to build the bike up, or sell on the bits individualy. Which would get me more dosh?

Thanks.

Sounds like you have a bearing out of place or missing. Happened to me before :)

Its looks like i have got rid of most of the parts to someone now anyway. So lets just let it slip off the 1st page, so no one will know I put it in the wrong place.

haha :-