Trials-shack To Remain Free

Simon

Sounds like all has been wrapped up nicely.  As soon as I have money in my accunt that doesn't start with a minus sign, I'll paypal you some money Si, you legend.

Going back to paying for downloading, it would be breaking the law surely?  Nobody has thought about the music aspect of videos.  We all use whatever tracks we want based on the knowledge that we won't be selling the videos etc.  Therefore, if we start paying for downloads, it would boil down to Si breaking the Law?  Just a thought.

In the mean time, I look forward to seeing TS relaunched!

Jonny.

Indeed.

Before anyone asks, no, uploading is'nt the same.

People have their own accounts, so upload whatever, and whenever they please. I have no control over the material they upload. If i was to charge for every download, it would be in full knowledge that i would be gaining off other people's work, and more then likely copyrighted material.

Meh.

yeh, however , using my suggestion , you wouldnt be payin to download, youd be paying to be a member of trials shack, which offers free downloads to members.

the fact that you few people would pay, however this would reduce the amount of people who would be using the site, less bandwidth.

what about a limit of ten downloads a month per user, then a £2 charge to make any more d/l, would mean everyone gets to d/l the ace downloads each month, but to download a large amount, and use up large amounts of bandwidth, would make a contribution to the cost of extra bandwidth.

i know youve said your not going to make a charge to anyone. but surely by charging u/loaders, it would detract from many people making new vids.

what about a limit of ten downloads a month per user, then a £2 charge to make any more d/l, would mean everyone gets to d/l the ace downloads each month, but to download  a large amount, and use up large amounts of bandwidth, would make a contribution to the cost of extra bandwidth.

This is what made Eengoedidee impopular. Having to log on, and having a limited amount of downloads.

10 downloads per month is crazy, Eengoedidee offered 3 per day.