The Lightening Is No More---- Ive Sprayed The Bt

Prawny Baby

afternoon lads

just thought id post up my new and improved bt

over the winter ive been a bit slack, and ive hardly ridden at all.

when i did go out on the bike it felt boring and dull, and i really didnt see the point in riding much to be honest.

but

from the dark came light by way of a sponsorship offer from heatsinkpads.com, which i gladly accepted.

i was sent 2 sets of brake pads, including the uks first set of heatsink v brake pads, and a heatsink team rider t shirt!

with these lovely new pads to stick on the bike, i wanted to change everything and make it a bit special.

as most of you know ive just finished spraying my car, and ive fallen in love with the flame red colour....

no prizes for guessing what happened next!

and here are the results, new tyres, drilled out rims, new bash, fully refurbished rb lever and atomlab pedals, and some new braided hose sinse these pics were taken.

ive started riding more often again, and after an awesome ride in bristol on saturday in totally inspired to get back to full fitness and really try and push my limits again!

ive just got in from what has been literally my best ride of the last year

just me, alone in my little village, but i was so motivated it was incredible!

im sure youve all read the posts about how great the heatsink v brake pads are... so i wont go into that now.

ill just leave you to check out the pictures

feel free to comment

thanks

nick

Hows the old RB lever holding up Nick?

Last time I heard from you, it was leaking like a seive (N) at least I gave you all them spare seals as well.

The bikes looking cool. Much nicer than the lightening, and at least now it matches your mini a beaut. Give us a shout on MSN about the poole comp (if Adam mentioned it to you that is)

Take it easy dude

Andy

Posy a pic of your first dent, you aquiered in Bristol too ;P. Nice BTW(Y)

Hehe, by the way it is Stu the kid on the brakeless BMX (N)

Stu

hey stu, bigman and i SUDDENLY realised who you were on the way home, i knew i knew u as ive met u at a hampshire comp last year!

ill get a pic of my first, if a little tiny, dent later on :)

Nice, I hated the lightening :P  How are the V-pads holding up?

the v brake pad are awesome, im loving them so far, check out the thread about heat sink v pads in trials chat HERE

Ive seen youre bike like that in the gallery a few days ago, it looks absolutely gorgeous! and i bet it rides mint too, i see youve ditched youre disc for an xtr, is it better?

i swapped the disc for the xtr so that i could test out the v brake pads, and strangely im finding myself really liking the disc.

ill be totally honest and say the overall power isnt as much as that of a well set up perfectly working avid, but the main advantage im finding is that i have a much more direct and controlable brake feel, so for the imediate future, im sticking with the v brake!

Hows the old RB lever holding up Nick?

Last time I heard from you, it was leaking like a seive  :P  at least I gave you all them spare seals as well.

Andy

hey andy, i got it, it leaked and was generally crap as you know, so i was forced back to a maggy lever while i sent 'yours' to edd potts for refurbing.

even despite edds best (and his best is quite something) efforts its still leaking a tiny bit, so edds next mission is to bore out the cylinder and fit a steel sleave inside it to fix the problem :P

glad most people like the big red beasty :P im loving it, because although its not really much different, i can help but feel ive been given a 'new' bike, because its so different to look at.

as petty as that sounds, its really helped motivate me to ride!

Bike is looking sweet (N) good job.

What rim you running upfront? I can see you love the brake on it, cos i have a ceramic rim upfront with an XTR, but its too grabby also would like a wider rim but people say the braking is poo on the wide rims.

Cheers

Seb

haha

cheers porter u nutter!

the frame was looking pretty nice until saturday.

sinse then its been a bit battered i must say, starting off with that dent from the messed up rail gap (N)

twas a nice gap though, classic to watch as the rail/gate opened as matt landed on it!

sadly sinse saturday ive taken on a whole new attitude towards riding.

ive started going mad and trying everything, and its really paying off.

my riding has improved SO much in the last 3 days literally, although perhaps its not my riding thats better, but my attitude towards it, which is finally letting me ride closer to my full potential.

a side effect of this new found motivation is that my lovely red bt gets battered!!!!

ah well

ill ride it for 3 months, then get out the filler again, fill all the dents, and repsray the downtube!

Was a top ride in Bristol on saturday wasn't it chaps! Love it when theres just a massive group of riders out! Was proper Bo!

Dont want to sound like im licking yor ass to much here but im so glad that you've started to ride again more prawney baby! Your a great rider and should use your skills well!

Bikes looking beasty, I wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me!

That V-brake is imence, you even had t take the grind off and it's still uber!

Rob (Peggs to you prawny)

(N) :P

SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

only one think i dont like is the prawn,but thats what sets it aside from other bikes and makes it your own i supose.

Tom

i can understand that

but seeing as i was making custom stickers, i just didnt think BT would take up enough space on the downtube, and i could NEVER have a frame with no stickers, i think it looks awful! just plain and dull

ye looked real good before the rail gap to downtube in brizol :P  :P

haha nice one prawny

Lmao, that rail is evil!

I've got a few sweet clips of you and Nick that I'll send you both when I get my firewire sorted (shouldn't be long).

Glad to here you're riding well again Nick. After Sat I've definately stopped worrying about crashing as much. Was seriously impressed with how smooth your riding is as well, distinctly unfair! (N) As for the bike... its not short thats for sure :)

(BTW my wheel is ready for the skip I think :P)

The bristol ride was a mint ride, i loved it. :D

Prawny's stead is something u wont forget, being bright red, lol. It rides really nice, and well those pads, imense power, u done a good job of your bike prawn. :lol:

Im looking forward to seeing more dents on your stead. (Y)

Cheers guys, (Y)

Steve (Boots)

looking very nice Nick! but i though you were scraaping the whole "long bike" thing and moving over to the dark side (short bikes)? :ermm:

yea, i did consider it for a while, and i still may build up a shorter bike in the near future, but im getting on so well with the bt again ive got no intention of chaning altogether.

although when ive got a bit of spare cash i do want to build up a more streety bike, just so i can add some variation to my riding really and not let it get stale again!