My New Peyto Built Up

BrettM

normal_Red%20Peyto%20Frame.jpg

normal_Red%20Peyto%20Bike.jpg

normal_Red%20Peyto%20Rear.jpg

Basic Geometry is 1065 mm wheelbase, sub 15 inch chainstays, plus 20 mm bb height and 73 degree head tube angle.

Things to check out are the stainless steel head tube rings to prevent ovalized head tubes, shifter mount, 8 inch post mount rear disk tab and laser cut dropouts that let you take your Chris King wheel that uses funbolts off without removing the derailleur first.

Let me know what you think.

Brett

http://www.biketrials.ca

Edited by BrettM

Lovin the frame and spec! Apart from the white forks and stem! That shifter mount is quite neat and its really difficult to make a shifter look neat around that area! Looking pretty cool that! :( :P Although if you wanted to run single speed do you have to have the shifter mount on the seat stay? Cus that would look a bit daft!

Edited by actiondan

thats one sweet looking bike, with some interesting ideas going on! The disc mount looks good, Is it your design? (I think I read that on OT.net)

the shifter mount is a good idea! nice and out the way!

I like where the shifter is mounted, easier to get at I bet

easier to get at than what, one mounted on the handle bars :(

It sounds stupid, but I like things that look 'designed'. Koxx Levelbosses and so on are all designed as trials bikes, but that's been properly made to fit the purpose. The neat touches like the shifter mount and the drop-outs meaning you can take the wheel off like that are just a good idea, really - it just looks like it's really been thought. Sounds like pretty fly geometry, and it all looks like a super nice package.

There's just something fundamentally cool about red bikes :(

Mark.

I must admit, when i saw it frame only a while back on OTN, i was a bit spectical about it. I did like the disc mounts though.

My spectisizm however was not needed, as that is one sweet ass frame.

Loving the way you have thought about it, from a trials riders point of view. What view mounting of shifter and the dropouts.

Then the personal touches with the canadian flag on the headtube, aswell as the rim.

You should be proud (Y)

The disk mount is my design. It's basically ripping off Brisa and DBR's idea and making it better and stronger with post mount.

The forks are temporary. I get custom forks too in a couple weeks. One piece steer tube with an 8 inch post mount disk mount.

The rotors are Hope Gothics. Work great, look cool, and you save a ton of weight over the stock Avids. Can't beat that.

The cables aren't Nokon's, they are Aztecs, same sorta deal. I'm still undecided with what I think of them.

Another touch that I forgot to mention that is impossible to see in the picture is the top tube is pierced by the seat tube. Meaning that there is a hole drilled in the top tube and the seat tube gets mounted through that and then brazed into place. Much stronger and stiffer that way.

Thanks for the comments. I always like to try new things on the bikes, but not at the expense of doing it just to be new. Everything has to be completely functional and an improvement on the original. The shifter is only there as I like having a shifter, but not on the bars. The bars looks cleaner without it.

I am sure it rides nice, but I do think its an ugly bike, maybe its just the forks and stem though?

Any reason for using a gripshift instead of a thumb or roady shifter? It would look neater and be lighter and more out of the way. I just think it looks kinda messy.

I love the disk mount though, looks neat as hell. But I aint a fan of cable brakes for the rear.

i don't like the white color in forks, seat, stem and rims but otherwise it looks fine. the geometry sounds quite uci style which is nice. about that rear brake, it must feel very mushy like all rear cable discs with long cable casing etc... but anyway thumbs up (Y)

Edited by mehukatti

The reason for the rear derailleur and shifter is I ride Sram. Until you've ridden it you have no idea how much better it is than anything else on the market for trials. It has no play whatsoever.

It is a 100 mm shell. Balance feels nice. I don't notice a huge diff. It messes up chainline a bit and limits you to the last 3 or so cogs.

I always do 2 colors on my bikes. Its kinda sad but the entire bike is based around the rim tape. Thats the reason for the colors and fancy touches. The reason for the white rims and forks is a BMX rider by the name of Kevin Porter. His bike was so plain except for white forks and now its so plain except for white rims and it looks amazing to me.

The forks are only temporary. I won't run aluminum forks so I run PX. They work. I don't give a f**k what they look like. I get custom forks in a few weeks.

What don't some of you guys like aboots the rear disk? Its my idea so I'd like to know. I have a 3 year history of rear disk and have broken any traditional mount I have tried. The only one I didn't break was Brisa's so I knocked it off and then made it stronger, lighter, more versatile and made it use less clearance for bigger rotors, but smaller gaps between the chain and seat stays. It's tried and true.