My New Peyto Built Up

BrettM

Looks pretty perfect to me!

I wouldn't change anything to be honest, nice to see you've made custom changes for a reason, not just to be different or whatever.

Love the headtube design, and the rear disk mount.

Should look even better with the custom forks!

man it looks ok but it also looks like it weighs a load (Y) ?

whats it weight?.

No heavier than any other bike. The frame is lighter than a Koxx Levelboss. The front wheel is on the heavy side I guess, but its not out of the norm heavy by any means. Other than that everything is very light stuff.

The reason I dont think discs on the rear is a good idea is the way they work, there not really disigned to lock up but then the mono trials brake seems ok.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking aboots. A 160 mm disk has more stopping power than a rim brake. A 203 mm disk has around 23% more stopping power than a 160 mm rotor. My disk setup stops way way way better than any rim brake setup. This isn't just me saying it is so this is all fact.

There are some issues with the way they feel but that is entirely preference. Performance wise a disk is better than a rim brake.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking aboots.  A 160 mm disk has more stopping power than a rim brake.  A 203 mm disk has around 23% more stopping power than a 160 mm rotor.  My disk setup stops way way way better than any rim brake setup.  This isn't just me saying it is so this is all fact.

There are some issues with the way they feel but that is entirely preference.  Performance wise a disk is better than a rim brake.

And are not affected at all by water.

Grinds work in wet conditions, but with a disc it has no adverse affects whatsoever.

Brett - People don't like it 'cos it doesn't say 'Magura' on it. (Y)

Brett - People don't like it 'cos it doesn't say 'Magura' on it.  (Y)

I used to use Magura disks. Probably the best setup I ever had. Unfortunately I don't have the patience or time to deal with hydro setups anymore. I realize people don't like a rear disk because of the feel. Thats cool. But you can get used to it. I don't like rim brakes now because they don't have that disk feel to them. You get used to what you ride.

thing with disc brakes is they lock as efficiantly as a rim brake.. as in, they lock on the disc but there is a small amount of "slip" as with a magura, but because its in the middle of the wheel it is magnified by 13inch (26/2) and the amount the rim slips is more than if a magura hs33 for example had slipped..

prolly doesnt make much sense, and yeh some discs work ok on the rear but i dont think you'll beat a maggie, grind and koxx pads for stopping dead.

thing with disc brakes is they lock as efficiantly as a rim brake.. as in, they lock on the disc but there is a small amount of "slip" as with a magura, but because its in the middle of the wheel it is magnified by 13inch (26/2) and the amount the rim slips is more than if a magura hs33 for example had slipped..

prolly doesnt make much sense, and yeh some discs work ok on the rear but i dont think you'll beat a maggie, grind and koxx pads for stopping dead.

There is no slip at all. There is pad and spoke movement. No brake slip at all. The brake is stronger than any rim brake out there and a rim brake will slip before a disk will. Yes it has play, but it does not slip.

This is where the personal preference comes in. Most people hate that play. I've gotten used to it and it feels weird to me when I jump on a bike with rim brakes and its not there. Feels just as goofy to me as my bike would feel to you. Its a far more powerful setup that feels different.

I'll beat a maggie, grind, koxx pads, tar and plaz coating on the rim for all I care. It works better.