Sponge

The rim and 5 bar-sticks are all one piece. This means NO more buckling or untrue wheels due to loosened spokes.

Well, you're right in that it doesn't buckle 'cos of loose spokes, but to say it doesn't buckle at all's a bit of a fabrication of the truth (Y) Spokes are cheap and easy to replace, a well-built wheel takes a LOT of force to rape, and so they're just a bit better really. If you're a racer and you need to minimise the turbulence and drag caused in the wheel as it rotates 'cos of spokes churning the air I guess they might work, but that's about it.

Its been tried, and its doesnt work. They are ok in a straight line (ish) but when it comes to landing sideways a little.....its game over.

Theres the old wives tale of putting a buckled wheel in the freezer fixed it....

old wives tales are false... THAT one is true, so its not an old wives tale (Y)

He's right! There was also a wheelset called Z mags or Z wheels or something that sprung back into position... say you threw a loose 180... they'd fold over a bit, then pop back into line :-

ACS Z Mags?

I have a pair in my garage.

Old school bmx anyone??

He's right! There was also a wheelset called Z mags or Z wheels or something that sprung back into position... say you threw a loose 180... they'd fold over a bit, then pop back into line :)

I lent Tarty's lady my smegamo at DJ's funeral which had an ACS Z-Mag wheel on the front at the time. They're so flexy

Jon

I think they were called Z Rims. My mate had a pair back in the day, if you threw a big 180 on them you could almost get hub to hit the deck and they'd ( sort of !!! ) spring back into shape. I was a skyway man myself, ahhhh takes me back......

Dave