Trials In Wales

fifty pence

Whereabouts in Mid Wales? I live in Llandrindod Wells in Powys, if that means anything to you?

As for comps, the nearest is the Corris round of the Nationals (if they still go there), but apart from that it's pretty much just the YMSA comps (www.ymsa-biketrials.co.uk). Those are the ones I do, but they're almost all 100+ miles from where I live, which is a bit sucky sucky. Well worth going to though.

Whereabouts in Mid Wales?  I live in Llandrindod Wells in Powys, if that means anything to you?

As for comps, the nearest is the Corris round of the Nationals (if they still go there), but apart from that it's pretty much just the YMSA comps (www.ymsa-biketrials.co.uk).  Those are the ones I do, but they're almost all 100+ miles from where I live, which is a bit sucky sucky.  Well worth going to though.

Thanks i live near to Newtown,ride mainly street with a mate.

Newtown's only about half an hour from here, we go there often 'cos my Gran lives there.  Have to take my bike again one of these days :P

How old are you, by the way?  Do you drive at all?

i liver up north wales theres no comps round here ur best bet is tyke on ymsa or freeride trials club occasionally in north wales (sorry bout spellin not very gd :P )

i liver up north wales theres no comps round here ur best bet is tyke  on ymsa or freeride trials club occasionally  in north wales (sorry bout spellin not very gd  :P )

I think I know you =8¬P

Yeah FreerideTrials is pretty good as its not 100% strict competition stress club. The competitions are great because if your not a particularly good rider, such as me, the club still gives you chances to win prizes. Ask spunky monkey for details

Newtown's only about half an hour from here, we go there often 'cos my Gran lives there.  Have to take my bike again one of these days :P

How old are you, by the way?  Do you drive at all?

I'm 16 so I can't drive. Bit of a pain really. :)

I am going to join YMSA and see what the competitions are like.

Thanks for all the help. :)

i liver up north wales theres no comps round here ur best bet is tyke  on ymsa or freeride trials club occasionally  in north wales (sorry bout spellin not very gd  (Y) )

alex you talk complete crap at times!

there are comps in north wales it's just alex doesn't turn up to meetings etc to find out, there will be a comp the last weekend of july and if we get insurance in time one in mid may. you don't have to be a club member to enter the events but its cheaper if you are and you don't need a license. email - freeridetrials_club@yahoo.co.uk for more info

cheers

tom

alex you talk complete crap at times!

there are comps in north wales it's just alex doesn't turn up to meetings etc to find out, there will be a comp the last weekend of july and if we get insurance in time one in mid may. you don't have to be a club member to enter the events but its cheaper if you are and you don't need a license. email - freeridetrials_club@yahoo.co.uk for more info

cheers

tom

tom i know you dont agree with using this a messenging service e.t.c, but is there a meeting tomoz?

and are you ok to take a cheque for the dbr?

tom i know you dont agree with using this a messenging service e.t.c, but is there a meeting tomoz?

and are you ok to take a cheque for the dbr?

i'm not bothered about using this as a bit of a messaging service so long as it is trials related (Y) yes theres a meeting tommorrow, ride at 7pm, meeting at 8pm...

yes a cheque'll be fine

when the guy says comps im not sure if her means the indoor or outdoor type but ill take it as the outdoor type as it is the almost only type in the uk,

there is freeride trials club this is as far a si know a varied trials club which 'should' have marked sections sometime, but at the moment has only done a more bmx style ride the course and show off kinda comp.

tyke trials, ymsa are the two main competition runners in the uk they are probably your best bet if you can get to them.

hopefully tom 'cock monkey boy :) ' will do some real competitions soon so keep an eye out for his posts (Y)

go on http://www.biketrialuk.co.uk/

this site has all the rule and diffret competiton information,

www.cleanbikes.co.uk also has info on comps and most of the venues

hope this helps

craig

as alex and craig well know freeridetrials club have every intention of running outdoor comps through the summer. all meetings etc are advertised on here and you have my phone number.

there will be an outdoor comp on the last weekend in july. full details will be released as soon as the venue has been confirmed.

alex - i'd watch your attitude, you know when events and meetings are on, if you don't then its your fault for forgetting or not reading the threads on the forum. we don't put in all the hard work just for a select few to give us shit about it. you also owe the club £15 membership which you promised to pay at the last event, if you don't pay then you WILL NOT be entering the comp in july. craig, the same applies to you and you still owe me £10 for the delivery off all those pallets in january.

i'm not going to let anyone take the piss any more, if you want to have events or comps in north wales then your going to have to put some effort into them, otherwise you won't be getting in cheap or free again and will have to pay up like everyone else does!

as alex and craig well know freeridetrials club have every intention of running outdoor comps through the summer. all meetings etc are advertised on here and you have my phone number.

there will be an outdoor comp on the last weekend in july. full details will be released as soon as the venue has been confirmed.

alex - i'd watch your attitude, you know when events and meetings are on, if you don't then its your fault for forgetting or not reading the threads on the forum. we don't put in all the hard work just for a select few to give us shit about it. you also owe the club £15 membership which you promised to pay at the last event, if you don't pay then you WILL NOT be entering the comp in july. craig, the same applies to you and you still owe me £10 for the delivery off all those pallets in january.

i'm not going to let anyone take the piss any more, if you want to have events or comps in north wales then your going to have to put some effort into them, otherwise you won't be getting in cheap or free again and will have to pay up like everyone else does!

ooooooooooooooooooo toms getting stressed :) i have no money so i cant pay 4 membership so shut ur fat mouth u fat gothic (Y)

ooooooooooooooooooo toms getting stressed  :)  i have no money so i cant pay 4 membership  so shut ur fat mouth u fat gothic :)

ok alex if you want to play it the childish 12 year old way you have just got yourself banned from all freeridetrials club evenings and events for the rest of the summer. you will not be allowed to enter the july comp or come to any of the other events we run. you need to seriously think about your attitude because i am not prepared to waste my time organising events for little boys like you.

i hope eveyone else takes this as a warning, freeridetrials club are not alone in feeling some riders are taking the piss and we have no problem with banning riders who have a shit attitude, if we weed out the time wasters and piss takers then the riders who are serious about events can enjoy them all the more (Y)

ok alex if you want to play it the childish 12 year old way you have just got yourself banned from all freeridetrials club evenings and events for the rest of the summer.  you will not be allowed to enter the july comp or come to any of the other events we run. you need to seriously think about your attitude because i am not prepared to waste my time organising events for little boys like you.

i hope eveyone else takes this as a warning, freeridetrials club are not alone in feeling some riders are taking the piss and we have no problem with banning riders who have a shit attitude, if we weed out the time wasters and piss takers then the riders who are serious about events can enjoy them all the more  (Y)

hahahahahaha tom your so funny :)

tom im sorry but i have helped design/build sections, also i have told a hell of alot of people about it,

i no you have put in alot off effort and its appreciated.

but im currently doin g my a levels and they take prioity alot of the time i havent rode for over a week!

also split with my girl the other day after 8 months,

so ive had things off my own.

and im gettin a job soon and havent forgot what i ow you.

another thing, stop trying to make out that everyone helped is lazy alot of people helped make the sections and help move stuff etc so give some people credit!

cheers dawg

craig :)

edit: also id like to build some sectiosn for thew outdoor ive been to a few comps and known the levels for wach class (Y)

Edited by craigdavies

ok alex if you want to play it the childish 12 year old way you have just got yourself banned from all freeridetrials club evenings and events for the rest of the summer.  you will not be allowed to enter the july comp or come to any of the other events we run. you need to seriously think about your attitude because i am not prepared to waste my time organising events for little boys like you.

i hope eveyone else takes this as a warning, freeridetrials club are not alone in feeling some riders are taking the piss and we have no problem with banning riders who have a shit attitude, if we weed out the time wasters and piss takers then the riders who are serious about events can enjoy them all the more  :)

tom u make out you have done every thing as my brother said ur taking all the credit everyone has helped rob ,matt,bob,craig burns,me bro , me etc (Y) you havent done all the hard work !!!!!!!!

tom im sorry but i have helped design/build sections, also i have told a hell of alot of people about it, 

i no you have put in alot off effort and its appreciated.

but im currently doin g my a levels and they take prioity alot of the time i havent rode for over a week!

also split with my girl the other day after 8 months,

so ive had things off my own.

and im gettin a job soon and havent forgot what i ow you.

another thing, stop trying to make out that everyone helped is lazy alot of people helped make the sections and help move stuff etc so give some people credit!

cheers dawg

craig :)

edit: also id like to build some sectiosn for thew outdoor ive been to a few comps and known the levels for wach class (Y)

craig i'm very grateful for your help and am not trying to make out anyone is lazy, the fact of the matter is that a very small number of people are taking the piss, you brother being one. i am sure you've got alot on at the moment and so do i, i work 2 jobs, have got to finish my colege course and get the grades for uni (i haven't rode for over 2 weks!), help to run canoe club, grinderz and freeridetrials club. if anyone feels like i'm making out they are lazy then i'm very sorry, i appreciate all the help anyone can give, even if it is only a small amount. what i don't appreciate is people giving me shit for what i'm trying to do, taking the piss and turning up to sections building days and doing nothing but riding (not aimed at your personally).

this club will not survive after september when i go to uni unless all the local riders work together to make events a success, i know you and chris aren't interested in indoor events and i have said from the start that when the weather gets better we'll do some outdoor comps (the july comp) however over the last 2 events i have spent more imte making everything run smoothly then riding and i would like to think that come september you guys will be able to keep this club going and make it an even bigger success.

i have every intention of inviting you and chris to help build the comp sections because you both have far more experience than i do in that area and if you can help out that would be great, unfortunately your brother is not welcome to the sections building days or the event, i'm not going to stand back and put up with shit like he's giving me when all i'm trying to do is build the sport and help ridiers like him progress. maybe he'll appreciate what i'm trying to do once he's grown up but for now at least he'll have to ride elsewhere...