My School Is The Most..

shity_saracen_rider

Hey guy's .

Right here's the score , I go to porthcawl comprehensive school in south wales and my school is on a mission to make boy's leave.First of all i have long hair , they say cut it , then i cut it , then i have blonde streak's in the summer , they say get them out . Girl's on the other hand are alowed as long or shorter hair as they like and can dye it blue if they really want. Now to the second point . I have a 5mm fleshtunnel in one ear and a 3mm in the other. I out of common curtesy put plasters over them in school . I get told to take them out. girls can have 4 piersings ( 2 on one ear and 2 on the other).

I personally think the this is sexual discrimination , does anyone else agree?

Thank's jamie.

Hey guy's .

Right here's the score  , I go to porthcawl comprehensive school in south wales and my school is on a mission to make boy's leave.First of all i have long hair , they say cut it , then i cut it , then i have blonde streak's in the summer , they say get them out . Girl's on the other hand are alowed as long or shorter hair as they like and can dye it blue if they really want. Now to the second point . I have a 5mm fleshtunnel in one ear and a 3mm in the other. I out of common curtesy put plasters over them in school . I get told to take them out. girls can have 4 piersings ( 2 on one ear and 2 on the other).

I personally think the this is sexual discrimination , does anyone else agree?

Thank's jamie.

Thanks for that! , Much appreciated

Girls can wear a skirt or trousers, what are you going to do?

It's life, girls and boys are different (speak to mummy), and the rules are therefore also different. How can you compare flesh tunnels in your ears to earings?

Your hair... they didn't like it long so asked for it short which seems fair enough. You put streaks in it, but they didn't want those either which is again fair enough. It seems unfair that girls can dye their hair. But to be fair you did join this school when there are plenty of other schools that you could go to if you don't like their rules.

hahaha that cutting your hair bit, id turn around and tell them where they can stick it, im sure its not stated anywhere your not allowed to have long hair, what are they going to do, suspend or exclude you then maybe end up getting the story in the paper so people can see how ridicolous(sp?) it is?

I see about the flesh tunnel and you wouldnt be allowed that etc....

seems a bit odd to me :D

also about the hair, just say its your religion seems to work for other people :P

Edited by Bondy

Does this happen to any other boys in your school?

If so, yes, i agree that it's sexual discrimination.

Even if it does happen to every male with similar assets as described above, please tell me what you're going to do or can do about it?

no its all the boys in my school im going to write to a local news paper about it , and stephn morris (sP>) i will win this argument my teacher (chemistry) has 3mm tunnels so why cant i and girls have lip piercings and tunnels .

Jamie

Yes I agree with you even though I go to an all boys school (dont laugh), the girls school seem to be much more flexible with rules than us. For example I am not allowed any piercings at all not even with a plaster over them, where as girls are allowed ear rings on either ear.

Edited by tricalum

I don't know why long hair should be a problem for the school, unless it is unkept to the max. I had long hair at high school and so did a load of people and the school wern't too arsed.

But the flesh tunnels I can see them having a problem with, and fair enough.

Yes I agree with you even though I go to an all boys school (dont laugh), the girls school seem to be much more flexible with rules than us.  For example I am not allowed any piercings at all not even with a plaster over them, where as girls are allowed ear rings on either ear.  I really dont see why there is a difference bettween the two sex's why should grls be allowed and boys not, it makes no sense to me.

it suck's im going to email my local paper tomorrow , see what they have to say ,

im not taking these out they can do what they want , i will infact show this exact topic to them. keep 'em comming guys.

Jamie

no its all the boys in my school im going to write to a local news paper about it , and stephn morris (sP>) i will win this argument my teacher (chemistry) has 3mm tunnels so why cant i and girls have lip piercings and tunnels .

Jamie

Dont really think you will get far with that,

some teachers where i am dont have to be in school wearing suits everyday or whatever they can wear what they like, so why cant i where what i like? because its the school rules and i can understand that, some teachers have cups of coffee on there tables why cant i? teachers teach the lesson, why cant i?

I think what teachers can and cant do is totally different from what students can and cant do....

teachers etc dont have to abide by all the rules they just enforce them :D

Edited by Bondy

Jamie

If this were an argument competition then you can only win by giving me all the details upfront. As it happens, techers and students are different people. At my school you weren't allowed to wear rings, but my teachers wore wedding rings. At my school we had homework to do, but the teachers didn't have any. At my old school we had to wear ties, but the teachers didn't. I could go on.

Write to the local paper, but if the school regulations are for students not to be allowed flesh tunnels then what's your argument? You joined the school, signed a form which would have said something like "terms and conditions available on request" and that's that.

Seems rediculous that they told you to cut your hair. I dont see how long hair should effect your work or anything.. about the tunnels, I dunno.. theyre your ears at the end of the day and again its not like it effects your work. Then again schools dont generally seem to like jewellery which is fair enough.. but just cos long hair isn't in fashion at the moment (well.. is it?!) doesnt give teachers the right to make you cut it. Rewind (wicky wicky) to the 90's when long hair was a bit more fashionable and I doubt they'd tell you to cut it, fewls. "Your hair must conform to todays fashion" :D

Well if it's school policy it's your own fault really, and yeh flesh tunnels...scary. I can't really see what's wrong with long hair though, that's just plain stupid. I personaly don't think the local paper will give a shit to be honest, but try anyway...you could always sue the school like that other islamic girl :D" ...

Edited by Impacted.

If this were an argument competition then you can only win by giving me all the details upfront. As it happens, techers and students are different people. At my school you weren't allowed to wear rings, but my teachers wore wedding rings. At my school we had homework to do, but the teachers didn't have any. At my old school we had to wear ties, but the teachers didn't. I could go on.

Yes, but there is a flip-side. Students can have sex with other students :D

There is rules at our school too, Girls are only aloud one ring on each finger, If i wear one i get it took off me when girls totally disobey the rules and wear about 30 on each finger ( the chavs ) Also there are no rules on hair really i have blonde streaks and nothing gets said!

Just live with it its the rules!

Edit, My tutor always tells me to take my hoody or jacket off before any other student! Especially the people who get bummed by all teachers because they can do subjects better than any other student!

Discrimination is a serious thing, If it goes any further it could turn into a big thing, Be sure what your doing with these things!

Edited by Dawg

Yes, but there is a flip-side.  Students can have sex with other students :P

but for a majority of them, not legally, therefore teachers could have sex with other students as it would be illegal just like them having sex with each other :P although they'd be in deep shzinit if they got found out :D

When they sign up as a teacher im sure they sign some sort of act that stops them from making any sorts of pyshical contact with other students anyway, so there just following there own set of rules.

Personally I'd invenst in a good stress ball, breathe deeply and count to 10. Why not speak to the headteacher before embarrassing yourself in the local paper. If when you've heard the school rules, you think you've been hard done by, then and only then, you could write to the newspaper.

A few things to consider:

When they told you to cut your hair, who said it and in what context was it said? It's not as if they dragged you kicking and screaming to the hairdressers is it?

The blonde streaks in your hair... did you have to dye them out? Surely it's not much effort to dye it again.

As for the flesh tunnels, when you wear the school uniform, you are representing your school in the local community. I personally think it's perfectly fine for the school to ask you to take them out. I think you'd get a similar opinion at most schools.

Personally I'd invenst in a good stress ball, breathe deeply and count to 10. Why not speak to the headteacher before embarrassing yourself in the local paper. If when you've heard the school rules, you think you've been hard done by, then and only then, you could write to the newspaper.

A few things to consider:

When they told you to cut your hair, who said it and in what context was it said? It's not as if they dragged you kicking and screaming to the hairdressers is it?

The blonde streaks in your hair... did you have to dye them out? Surely it's not much effort to dye it again.

As for the flesh tunnels, when you wear the school uniform, you are representing your school in the local community. I personally think it's perfectly fine for the school to ask you to take them out. I think you'd get a similar opinion at most schools.

I agree , But is my aperance affecting my school work ? no im wearing school uniform and i have good grades and i look presentable by covering them and i make my hair look half tidy . But why am i being discrimonated against by the teachers for my sex?.Also i have pink shoe laces in my globes , i wore them to games , the teacher called me a poof , i don't think it is fair. i told my year tutor i was having problems with the teachers and she just said try to be nicer to them ? and i was suspendid untill i cut my hair my streaks isnt the hardness of having it put back in but the time and money i spent on it . If they were ofering for it to be done again then i would say fair enough

. ive spent 5o pounds on ym tunels are they going to pay me if they heal up ? no.

Thanks jamie .

I agree , But is my aperance affecting my school work ? no im wearing school uniform and i have good grades and i look presentable by covering them and i make my hair look half tidy . But why am i being discrimonated against by the teachers for my sex?.Also i have pink shoe laces in my globes , i wore them to games , the teacher called me a poof , i don't think it is fair. i told my year tutor i was having problems with the teachers and she just said try to be nicer to them ? and i was suspendid untill i cut my hair my streaks isnt the hardness of having it put back in but the time and money i spent on it . If they were ofering for it to be done again then i would say fair enough

. ive spent 5o pounds on ym tunels  are they going to pay me if they heal up ? no.

Thanks jamie .

Speak to your mum and dad, organise a meeting with the headteacher. Then they'll know that you're serious. For calling you a poof, if you have a witness then you could have him sacked, or at least recieve a written apology.

Speak to your mum and dad, organise a meeting with the headteacher. Then they'll know that you're serious. For calling you a poof, if you have a witness then you could have him sacked, or at least recieve a written apology.

Yes were going to see him tomorrow and i have witnesses so i'll see my head about that to , thank's guy's.

Jamie.

ps im going ot be the next martin luther king :D but im standing up for sexuality right's :P