My School Is The Most..

shity_saracen_rider

So my uncle's wage isn't a fact. Ok then. But are we talking about technical engineering, proffessional engineering or working on the a production line engineering.

Oh another fact for you all my friend's dad was talking to me about engineering and he said he recently changed job and the company asked him what sort of salary he was looking for.

I never said it wasn't a fact, it is a fact, but only one and that's not enough on which to base an argument...

I was also talking about professional engineering and, seeing as I will be joining the prosfession in the next year or so (when I graduate from my degree), I've had a good look at what sort of wages I can expect to recieve. As I said before the average graduate starting wage is now somewhere around the £17k mark, but jobs can have a salary of as little as £13k, though most of us can expect to be earning around the £30k mark. For more management based role (project leader, head of department etc) expect in excess of £50k (I'll refer to my previous example of one of Ford top engineers. £120k really is at the top of what engineers can earn (any chance of you telling me who he works for?).

As for being asked what wage you are looking for, I was asked that in one of my interviews for my industrial placement....

Just because you're asked, doesn't mean you are gonna get a top end salary, it's generally for the company to see what your perceptions are and how happy you will be with what they are going to pay you.

I never said it wasn't a fact, it is a fact, but only one and that's not enough on which to base an argument...

I was also talking about professional engineering and, seeing as I will be joining the prosfession in the next year or so (when I graduate from my degree), I've had a good look at what sort of wages I can expect to recieve.  As I said before the average graduate starting wage is now somewhere around the £17k mark, but jobs can have a salary of as little as £13k, though most of us can expect to be earning around the £30k mark.  For more management based role (project leader, head of department etc) expect in excess of £50k (I'll refer to my previous example of one of Ford top engineers.  £120k really is at the top of what engineers can earn (any chance of you telling me who he works for?).

As for being asked what wage you are looking for, I was asked that in one of my interviews for my industrial placement....

Just because you're asked, doesn't mean you are gonna get a top end salary, it's generally for the company to see what your perceptions are and how happy you will be with what they are going to pay you.

I dunno who he works for I just know he's in Saudi Arabia at the moment or something (Y)

And James you're talking shit, I'm 6'3 and my shoulders are about 2 foot wide, I'm supposedly triangular shape accoring to some people, so why the f**k would I look vunerable? Yet I usually get abuse or threats, not saying they could pull the threats off just saying it has nothing to do with vunerability.

Edited by MrMonkey

And James you're talking shit, I'm 6'3 and my shoulders are about 2 foot wide, I'm supposedly triangular shape accoring to some people, so why the f**k would I look vunerable? Yet I usually get abuse or threats, not saying they could pull the threats off just saying it has nothing to do with vunerability.

like i said before, u cant really generalise, just becuase you get slapped about doesnt mean they dont pick on vulnerable people. and in reference to my signature.. if you stuck up for yourself, you wouldnt get so much crap. sometimes talkin ur way out wont work (Y)

yeah me too. gutted!!!

hahahaha, yer i admit, me too :P I'v been on this topic probably 4 time, just hopeing for the sexy ladies to appear... (Y)

Perhaps we should change it to a sexiest school thread.... :P"

:)

Edited by Merlin man

what.. you disagree with what im saying? explain why.

No, I agree with what your saying you plonker!!!

If he was comfortable with himself, he wouldnt need flesh tunnels and long hair to make a stand about his personality, but he does, which then leads on to what your signature says

You're very edgy aren't you!?

Everybody these days has long hair and flesh tunnels. You aren't really individual at all.

Also £50 for a few flesh tunnels is a bit expensive. I have a 5mm tunnel and it has cost a fiver to do. I honestly dunno how youv'e spent £50.

As for the school being sexist is a bit bs. Them telling you that you had to cut your hair is a bit silly but thats all. Writing to the paper about it is daft though.

Just wait til you leave school to get piercings and stuff.

At uni you can look what you want and bascially do what you want. I would never get away with the piercings I have now at school. You can even go into lectures pissed if you want. You cant do that at school (Y)

Jonny

Everybody these days has long hair and flesh tunnels. You aren't really individual at all.

Also £50 for a few flesh tunnels is a bit expensive.  I have a 5mm tunnel and it has cost a fiver to do.  I honestly dunno how youv'e spent £50.

As for the school being sexist is a bit bs.  Them telling you that you had to cut your hair is a bit silly but thats all.  Writing to the paper about it is daft though.

Just wait til you leave school to get piercings and stuff.

At uni you can look what you want and bascially do what you want. I would never get away with the piercings I have now at school.  You can even go into lectures pissed if you want.  You cant do that at school (Y)

Jonny

Wanna bet ? :(.

jamie.

when i was in school the girls all played football, rugby, netball and hockey. us lads only got tyo plat football or rugby so i went to the head teahcer and told him it was not fair that the girls got free choice of 4 sports and we had to do those 2. he said to me 'if you can get an all boys hockey team together and an all boys netball team together by the end of the week then boys will be given the same free choice of sports that girls have'. by the end of that lunch time there was a full boys hockey team and a full boys netball team stood outside his office and we then got free choice of sports!

we went on to beat every single girls netball team in north wales and then get thrown out of the competition because we had no female team members!

equal rights for everyone (Y)

when i was in school the girls all played football, rugby, netball and hockey.  us lads only got tyo plat football or rugby so i went to the head teahcer and told him it was not fair that the girls got free choice of 4 sports and we had to do those 2. he said to me 'if you can get an all boys hockey team together and an all boys netball team together by the end of the week then boys will be given the same free choice of sports that girls have'.  by the end of that lunch time there was a full boys hockey team and a full boys netball team stood outside his office and we then got free choice of sports!

we went on to beat every single girls netball team in north wales and then get thrown out of the competition because we had no female team members!

equal rights for everyone  (Y)

Now that's something to laugh about , stupid head teacher's . They think there so "superior" , there all dick's. i've now got my other ear done just to anoy them even more and i still refuse to take them out.

Jamie.

I really cant be bothered reading 4 pages of replies but theres a simple solution.

You live in Porthcawl- you don't need an education. RIIIIIIIIDE (Y)"

I agree. who needs school anyway , well obviosly maths english and science but why r.e and welsh and german and french ? .Why not "porthcawl comp's very own trial's school?. lmfto . hmm shall i bunk off next lesson foir a ride *think's*.

Wanna bet ? ;).

jamie.

You don't go to uni so no offense but how do you know :blink:

In a free hour if there's nothing to do I'll end up in the on-campus pub having a few pints with coursemates... Lecturers at bournemouth generally don't care as long as you aren't throwing your guts up or causing any other distraction... As far as they're concerned it's up to you. That's generally speaking of course... Main problem is the piss you need 10 minutes into the lecture which you didn't need to begin with :P

Edited by echobikes