Video Competition!

rich4130

I will also post a mars bar to whoever can successfully achieve a Matrix style bullet time camera shot, with the subject hopping onto the kerb, pausing still while the camera goes all the round in slow motion, then hopping off again back in normal time.

Good quality efforts only!

P.S. Sorry to steal the thread :)

I will also post a mars bar to whoever can successfully achieve a Matrix style bullet time camera shot, with the subject hopping onto the kerb, pausing still while the camera goes all the round in slow motion, then hopping off again back in normal time.

P.S. Sorry to steal the thread  :S

Be carefull what you wish for. :)

We will see.

I won't be entering, as i've got to much to do anything by 1st of may. Will see though. Good idea though. :)

Be carefull what you wish for. :S

We will see.

I won't be entering, as i've got to much to do anything by 1st of may. Will see though. Good idea though. :)

What you mean I might actually have to buy and post a mars bar :)

EDIT: Well, if anyone can do it, they deserve a mars bar...

Edited by andyroo

P.S. Sorry to steal the thread  :)

This close enough ? http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/bullettime.mpg

It was way more than 3 separate clips. It must have taken an awful lot of effort Steve!

My theory, Steve repeatedly did the gap and moved the camera round, say 20-30 degrees each time, keeping the same sort of radius from the gap. This means he stays the same size on film. It is then a case of finding the matching frames in each clip and taking a still, playing each for about 4 frames? Then continuing with the footage after the last clip?

You should get the mars bar just for being cool.

It was way more than 3 separate clips. It must have taken an awful lot of effort Steve!

My theory, Steve repeatedly did the gap and moved the camera round, say 20-30 degrees each time, keeping the same sort of radius from the gap. This means he stays the same size on film. It is then a case of finding the matching frames in each clip and taking a still, playing each for about 4 frames? Then continuing with the footage after the last clip?

That's what i was thinking, and that was exactly how i was going to do it for my next video.

So no-one use that idea. :- I will probably be the only one that can be assed to do it anyway :)

No way!

if you watch it in slow motion he stays in exactly the same place in the air..

feck knows how he did that!

EDIT: after watching it very closly..i'm wrong

still amazin

Edited by Dan6061

Royal trials got it spot on, except I played each camera angle for 1 frame and did the gap 20 times.

To stay in same place, i counted the frame back from when I land the gap, so I'm exactly same hight each time.

Yes I was bored, :)