Video Competition!

rich4130

it not too bad

the main areas on bodging are -

- the headset, random bearing, about four differnt type of headset in there! The headlock i am using is about 2 inches too long, so just put an extra four stackers on top of stem (the steerer only comes up to about headway up the stem too)

- mech hanger is bodged like hell

- and fitting a 47mm wide koxx rim in a zebber, is boody difficult when setting up brakes. mainly due to the fact they are too wide and seem to buckle when you look at them!

other than that feels alright

mike

i have a question about the rules,

do you have to ride on a thin curb, like in nicks vids, or can they be any width etc?

just very confusing to me, so you dont have to ride on all of that thin stuff?

luisio

well up for this too, got some great plans :( and can we extend the deadline?

some of us have lots of work to be in, i need to do a years worth of work in 9 days (Y)

Yeah, I don't have any thin curbs near me, so used a pavement type thing. Hope that's OK?

Also, I imagine it'll be like 3mins long, can we say no time limit, just don't download it if you don't want to? Whatever though, I'm not really in it for a mars bar (Y) Just a bit of fun. Hence why I think it shouldn't be a long video comp type thing. Maybe this could spark something towards another real video comp?

Ta,

Dave

i have a question about the rules,

do you have to ride on a thin curb, like in nicks vids, or can they be any width etc?

just very confusing to me, so you dont have to ride on all of that thin stuff?

luisio

well up for this too, got some great plans  :(  and can we extend the deadline?

some of us have lots of work to be in, i need to do a years worth of work in 9 days :(

I am just gonna use a bit of pavement and a thin curb in my local carpark (Y) i think that should be enough!

I would say anything over a around 8 inches high is class as a wall!

should be fun if i can get my rear brake sorted :(

Mike

Yea, curb/pavement, I should have said hehe, anything goes really, can't really see the point in rules with a bit of fun (Y)

OK Deadline, few people have asked for it to be extended, so I'l say, 21st of May?

But if you've done yours, post it up, so then theres something to watch, please don't get all serious haha.

Edited by rich4130

Yea, curb/pavement, I should have said hehe, anything goes really, can't really see the point in rules with a bit of fun :o

OK Deadline, few people have asked for it to be extended, so I'l say, 21st of May?

But if you've done yours, post it up, so then theres something to watch, please don't get all serious haha.

Pavement video thingy

Mines done. I have loads of stuff to do though, which need a big hardrive, so yeah, its not had much time taken over it, so it's not very good (Y)"

Like 3:10 and 26mb.

And I'm shit at this kind of thing :"> I love watching 'proper' street, but when you get out there and try it, its a bit harder :(" So non-fluid riding took over (Y)

But whatever, I'm gonna buy a Mars bar anyway (N)

Ta,

Dave

Edited by Dave Gill

it not too bad

the  main areas on bodging are -

- the headset, random bearing, about four differnt type of headset in there! The headlock i am using is about 2 inches too long, so just put an extra four stackers on top of stem (the steerer only comes up to about headway up the stem too)

- mech hanger is bodged like hell

- and fitting a 47mm wide koxx rim in a zebber, is boody difficult when setting up brakes. mainly due to the fact they are too wide and seem to buckle when you look at them!

other than that feels alright

mike

Mike on a zebba. LOL at least i won't be the only person that gets the piss taken out of their bike, (Y) (Y)

Danny.

Oh and that matrix gap was swish :S

Mike on a zebba. LOL at least i won't be the only person that gets the piss taken out of their bike,  :S  (Y)

Danny.

Oh and that matrix gap was swish  :P

:D my zebber is riding really nice (Y) really enjoyed riding it tonight

this curb stuff is awesome went out tonight and filmed some stuff, forced me to be really creative and had loadsa fun!

cheers rich, great idea

mike

Now't wrong with Zebbers... I loved mine and I'm sure loads of other people love/loved theres (Y)

Mines was a pure sexy beast that rode awesome... I do miss it (Y)

Watson

lol the stupid thing is i hated my zebber when i had it, it rode crap! but nw it rides mint hahaha

oh danny has a zebber to

I'm cool with the chocolate idea, I'll throw a Crunchie in the mix.

crunchie.jpg

Edit, I can redo it, but its some proper effort, lol. Maybe when I have some spare time  (Y)  (Y)

If you PM me your address I'll send you a mars bar (or another chocolate bar up to the value of £1) for a bloody good effort, and if you can do the full 360, I'll seal the package with a kiss

EDIT: You know you want it

Edited by andyroo

Im actually really looking forward to seeing what people produce!  Its great having limitations such as curbs to base riding on!  Editing and filming has gotta be looked into as well!

Good luck everybody who enters!

Jonny.

You going to be producing one jonny? im sure it'll be filmed amazing if you are! i was really inspired by your experimental work its good to see someone pushing the limits of editing in trials videos nowadays. :blink: ;) :P :D

I've just been doing some filming with mr mink, our video is gonna rock your socks.  I might look as though we stole some ideas from Dave's vid, but I had thought of them already :D

Whilst were on the subject ( :blink:" ) what did people think of mine? Too long and boring? Ok? Just interested :P

Can't wait for you twos' vid :P The place can't be that bad if it has a curb ;)

Whilst were on the subject ( :P" ) what did people think of mine? Too long and boring? Ok? Just interested ;)

Can't wait for you twos' vid :blink: The place can't be that bad if it has a curb :blink:

It was far too long, i think in this comp, it's going to be all about the edditing, not the riding. But the riding in that vids was good. ;)

I think there should be a new thred, or organize the vids in the first post as theres going to be hard to find look at them as daves just got loast in the posts.

Edited by JT!