Koxx With A 521 Brake Bodge

Guest the_dude

Guest the_dude

well.. i dont know 100% how it works, so i wont guess.

some one please fill in. its the only thing the almighty forum is missing

ok...take your eve mounts(non 4-bolt 1's,the 1s with the quick releases!!) and put the left hand mount on the righat handside of the frame with the right hand magura cylider in it,and do thesame to the other side(right mount on left of frame) then set up your maguras as close to the rim as you can,if they are too close thenthats good,if the are still quite a way away(lol) then you wil need 2 adjust the tpa and reach screw(lil 2mm rub screw at the end of the lever) then get used to the brake set up like that!!!!

OR...

bodge some pads,like get some old ones with no material on(eg only the back) and screw them to some new pads,there you have it,exta wide pads!!!

JoN

Guest OD404

I personally do not like the look of using the evo mounts on 4bolts. I also found when I did it, that the mounts have a habit of getting mashed...

So I did this....

pad_extensions.jpg

Just cut up a set of old black pads so that my monty xhydras would sit in them, then glued it all together with some Araldite. The lips at either side of the pads should prevent them from separating due to the shear forces associated with braking.

Enjoy

Stevo

Guest prawn

my attempt, not great as u can see, nto as neat as steves because i covered mien in loads of glue and it went everywhere, better to be safe than sorry n e way, looks ok, shud work wreally well

bodged_pad.jpg

Guest less_than_dave

Prawn yours seem to be more classy though seems you took the liberty of cutting up a Kool Stop as opposed to a Black pad :-

after sayin my above bodge,i have had a similar idea with the pads,but i only use black pads,so i have found some very old magura pads from when my dad used 2 have sum (about 10 years ago) i have cut the compound off these pads,and screwed them to my new blacks.it works great and ile post pics soon

JoN

Guest prawn

haha, thanks dave, i used a brand spanking new koolstop pad, bought it specially for this purpose because i throt the more material left on the pad the better it wud hold it in place, they have been in the clamp sinse 11 today and seeing as i cant ride and im not gona be home again until sunday im going to leave them in the clamp until sunday morning just to be totally sure ther set solid and ok

looks like a really gd idea

top bodge stevo

Guest prawn

righty then, heres my complete, incredibly sharp and totally bodged rear brake, works liek a dream, dead stif, not mcuh flex at all, mag booster with holes drilled in it to fit the koxx frame, bodged pads, wots great

bodged_brake_stuf.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

mine is a 521/es4 brake bodge.

with my plaz pads it was touching but not with enough force so I made some pads so I could have the adjustment space.

I haven't got any pics yet cos im lazy so you will have to make sense of some pants diagrams:

plazboadge.jpg

plazbodge2.jpg

dunno why I wrote slave trough :- meh pics later if you're good

ally

neater than mine but not neater than mine :-

my plaz pads fit eactky in the black backing and as the plaz pads curved it sits exactly in the butchered black one.

however I have copious amounts of glue all over my pads which goes a powdery white colour which looks poo.

ally

• 3 months later...