144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you speed?

• Driving: Yes
    • Driving: No
    • Driving: Occasionaly
    • Non driver: I would all the time
    • Non driver: I would never do it
    • Non driver: Only sometimes

First i do speed. I dont think its big or clever and i dont do it to prove anything or prove my car can.

I think people who speed in towns and built up areas are completely irresponsible and i will try my best to aoid speeding anywhere i think people are likely to be stepping out on to the road.

I will speed on dual carriage ways with barriers and on motorways and also on most national speed limit roads.

Speeding is wrong and against the law and as such there is no way you can justify doing it, no matter what your diriving and where your driving. Its simply wrong. Even very good drivers shouldn't speed on public roads there is no justification!

Dan

Been riding again today, same route.. and i did speed. However something that is starting to piss me off a lot is the fact that on the isle of wight there are a lot of tourists about at the minute. Driving at 30 in a 60... While i was stuck behind some ford mondeo thing i had a think, to a certain extent people driving at those speeds are going to be a danger. In that someone is going to over take them ( taking a risk they shouldnt have to do ), 30 miles per hour below the limit is ridiculous. No wonder people get road rage when they are in a hurry to get somewhere and some old bloke is toddling along with 10 years left on his clock to waste. So yea im sure some people will think that its good for people to be below the limits.. but at the same time.. it pisses other people off and makes them take chances.

The poll seems to be working well, so far 91% out of 82 people will end up speeding at some point.

Edited by Spacemunkee

i do speed, hopwever i keep things nion to the limit in built up areas, and only do it on multilane roads (dual carrigeways and motorways) which have crash bariers (and hense no crossing points).

I agree with you chris, i regularly follow people doing 25-30mph less than the speed limit on my route home from work (which goes along a lot of national speed limit roads). Following someone like this adds 10-15 mins onto my journey time which after a day at work and in the summer heat can often result in many obscenities being yelled from my mouth. However i often refuse to sttempt to overtake them as i know on my route there are only 3 or 4 safe places to do it and the rule of sod being what it is there is always something coming the other way when i reach these points. I outright refuse to take risks trying anything remotely near a sketchey overtaking manouver, as much as i get annoyed and scream and shout (to myself in the car mind) its just not worth being painted across the dash.

My steed (Toyota Yaris 1.0L with go-faster stripes on) yes thats 1 whole litre :D can drive much faster than Ian's boss' turbo charged,super fast, record braking machine. We went round and round-bout (half a corner :lol: (Ian) ) doing 136mph while on 2 wheels...THE WRONG WAY :lol: ... ohhh the fun times we have driving on roundabouts..plus..at 136mph..with my superior reaction and braking time i could easily pull off a few 360 spins in complete control :blink:

My steed (Toyota Yaris 1.0L with go-faster stripes on) yes thats 1 whole litre  (Y)  can drive much faster than Ian's boss' turbo charged,super fast, record braking machine. We went round and round-bout (half a corner  :lol:  (Ian) ) doing 136mph while on 2 wheels...THE WRONG WAY  :D ... ohhh the fun times we have driving on roundabouts..plus..at 136mph..with my superior reaction and braking time i could easily pull off a few 360 spins in complete control  :lol:

was that with ur roll cage that stopped you from caving the shit cars roof in? and im sure your tops out at aobut 90mph or there abouts so odnt think you could do that some how mate :blink:

thats the risk you take getting on or in any form of transport you could come out alive or dead as they say you do it at your own risk. you can take precautions to protect urself but hey if he wants to drive like it i aint ocmplaining cause its great.

i take it most of you owuld never of experience the g-force aplied when goign that fast thorugh a corner it is great it feals so good.

For this, you are a cock. Twice in fact. The first paragraph states the risk you are putting on yourself, with not even a thought for the pedestrian that could be around the corner, looks right, no car there, steps out, suddenly someone flies round the corner too fast straight into them. They never had the choice of whether to get in the car with their hairdresser matey - they were crossing the f**king road. So next time you sit in the car with your mate as he apparently flies around roundabouts at 9999mph think that there would be someone crossing the road when you straighten up. And that you wont have time to stop.

Second cock reasoning in this paragraph - you reckon it feels great, but you cant even drive - if you could, you'd know that your car get an adrenaline rush going at a more sensible 80 or 90 on the same roads, as long as you chuck it into bends fairly harsh! Yet you have much more time to react (not loads, but more), and the car will handle better and respond quicker at said speed. You dont know what you are talking about, until you can drive.

was that with ur roll cage that stopped you from caving the shit cars roof in? and im sure your tops out at aobut 90mph or there abouts so odnt think you could do that some how mate (Y)

For this you are a cock for not understanding what I reckon is pretty obvious sarcasm.

For this, you are a cock.  Twice in fact. The first paragraph states the risk you are putting on yourself, with not even a thought for the pedestrian that could be around the corner, looks right, no car there, steps out, suddenly someone flies round the corner too fast straight into them.  They never had the choice of whether to get in the car with their hairdresser matey - they were crossing the f**king road. So next time you sit in the car with your mate as he apparently flies around roundabouts at 9999mph think that there would be someone crossing the road when you straighten up.  And that you wont have time to stop.

Second cock reasoning in this paragraph - you reckon it feels great, but you cant even drive - if you could, you'd know that your car get an adrenaline rush going at a more sensible 80 or 90 on the same roads, as long as you chuck it into bends fairly harsh!  Yet you have much more time to react (not loads, but more), and the car will handle better and respond quicker at said speed.  You dont know what you are talking about, until you can drive.

For this you are a cock for not understanding what I reckon is pretty obvious sarcasm.

I concur

When i start driving i'm not going to speed, ever. However i'm sure there some occasions when i'll go 41mph in a 40 zone. Or accidentaly go 40 in a 30 zone. But i wouldn't ever do it on purpose.

bull shit

And this 100mph into a roundabout thing, BOLLOC*S!

Its not bollox we have done it it was scary shit, bearly made it around the roundabout.

It doesn't matter how good'er driver you are you aren't physcic.

How do you know someone isn't crossing the road around the next corner, someone isn't going to pull out without looking, even a cat running across the road- if you swerve to avoid it chances are your going to loose control if your speeding.

The only place its 'acceptable' is on a motorway providing you aren't up someones arse.

I don't have a problem with being in a car at speed but the consiquences aren't worth it. Could you live with yourself if you killed someone just because you wanted to get home a few minutes faster...

Although in the words of Jeremy Clarkson "Speed has never killed anyone- its quickly becoming stationary again that kills people.

Ian i hope your not saying your boss, did 100 around the half roundabout along the a127............. (Y) they put the speed limit to 20mph for that, theres no way a road legal car could do 100.

also, please someone return him to the depths of the pre-members area, im sure im not the only one that can hardly make sence of his posts (Y)

Dave

Edited by Mr Dave

to be fair his boss's car does 90 in 1st but i have no comment.

The 1 thing i do find highly ironic is that you tell me off for not wearing a helmet, yet you think its a great laugh doin 100 round a round about, you siad think about all the people that love you and all the people you'd leave behind, hope you think that deeply of other people on the roads and pavement.

A few of my own opinions will be added here into the whole 100mph round a round about thing...

Firstly, I design roundabouts (amongst other things) for a living. There is no such thing as half a round about. Half a roundabout is a T-junction.

Secondly, roundabouts are designed to reduce the speed of people travelling around them using traffic calming measures (i.e traffic signals, semi blind corners, etc) so going at a constant speed of 100mph around one is impossible. Maybe for a brief moment whilst on a large section between exits, but not the whole way.

Thirdly, why would someone want to drive like that around a rounabout anyway? Roundabouts are so dangerous even at normal speeds, it doesnt make sense to go round any faster than what is signposted. Your boss may have the reactions of superman himself, but not everyone else does, so some one can easily misjudge his speed and pull out in front of him, which no amount of superhuman reations would be able to stop the car in time.

So, the moral of this story is... don't be a cock

Edited by andyroo

Well Ian, I hope you enjoyed your first day at big school today (Y)

Stop being a twat me an ian are both going into year 11 so stop being a tosser an just jumping in an dissing a good mate.

He may have got it wrong but theres no need to start dissing him. He can take things too far, just online its written down an you cant change your mind.

Stop being a twat me an ian are both going into year 11 so stop being a tosser an just jumping in an dissing a good mate.

He may have got it wrong but theres no need to start dissing him. He can take things too far, just online its written down an you cant change your mind.

You've been on trials forum for 3yrs and have made 49 posts make another twatty post an ill get you a big shinny gold star ok?

Well Ian, I hope you enjoyed your first day at big school today (Y)

actually i werent at school today school start tommorow

meh dont care what you lot think.

and the pub i said aobut iant there anymore it has been knocked down. and there are them barrier tihngs all aorund the round about so if you deicde ot clime over that your a bit silly cause they are there to stop you crossing there and use the crossings.

Get on your bikes, get on a train to benfleet, ride straight up kents hill road heading north. when you see the lacys news agents turn left keeo going untill you get to tarpots, last shop on your left is JD cycles, walk in say, oite jay did u really go that fast in your hairdresser car? if not stop telling off ian for going too fast even though hes only 16.

Get on your bikes, get on a train to benfleet, ride straight up kents hill road heading north. when you see the lacys news agents turn left keeo going untill you get to tarpots, last shop on your left is JD cycles, walk in say, oite jay did u really go that fast in your hairdresser car? if not stop telling  off ian for going too fast even though hes only 16.

yeah do that one. your all just picking on me lol (Y)

shush yourselfs, stop bickering and trying to show off. my friend's sister's bosses' girlfriend's cat did 210mph round a cul de sac whilst avoiding a fallen tree, an oil drum and some tumbleweed. so i beat you all and i'm the coolest (Y)

Edited by the boon

Firstly, I design roundabouts (amongst other things) for a living. There is no such thing as half a round about. Half a roundabout is a T-junction.

Erm, sorry to sound like a right pratt andy, he isnt lying....lol

when he sais its a half roundabout...he means its a half roundabout, i know it very welll, have been round it a bazillion time...

ill draw a diagram of what it looks like...(Y) i wont draw the mcdonalds thats next to it those (Y)