New Products From Koxx

KOXX-UK

Koxx have launched two new models, both will be available from the usual sources soon.

ACID DROP

A single speed entry level Trials model aimed at the street market, £425 for complete bike.

WASP

A light weight 20”competition bike, designed for younger riders, £845 for complete bike.

The KOXX and TRY ALL clothing ranges now include some interesting new additions.

Thank God ONE company is doing horizontal dropouts for stocks now... it's crazy it hasn't happened already :- Pity this is more of a streetier frame than a 'pure' frame, but there we go.

Looks like an interesting spec, might be a nice 'play' bike?

Thank God ONE company is doing horizontal dropouts for stocks now... it's crazy it hasn't happened already ;) Pity this is more of a streetier frame than a 'pure' frame, but there we go.

Looks like an interesting spec, might be a nice 'play' bike?

Chris Doneys Revells have had horizontal dropouts for ages. I think horizontal dropouts on stocks is a shite idea the wheel moves all over the place....

...and not 26" trials bikes , Vertical is where its at..... ;)

But it works for everything, incl. 24" and 26" mountain bikes and 'street' bikes, so assuming you can:

• use chain tugs
  • do up wheel nuts

It'll work for stocks too ;) Chris Doney's a really good rider too, and he seems to be able to have a non-flappy back wheel?

Ah well, your choice I guess...

I agree with luke on this one. Horizontal drop outs would be wicked on a streety play bike, but for trials I wouldnt like to have my chain un-sprung. Plus its such a hassle to get the wheel out and stuff. And setting the brake up would be gayness, plus I wouldnt like to have my wheel in different positions as the chain stretches, probally doesnt but I think it would effect the feel of the bike. Like constantly chainging chainstay length.

Wow went off on one ;)

I saw a picture of the Acid Drop earlier this year and it is still an ugly bike!! That is an awful color and an unattractive frame design. Entry level or not, more thought should have gone into the design of that frame.

As for the drop outs, for BMX and street style 26 inch bikes horizontal drop outs are a good choice. But for bikes like these it maybe better to have vertical drop outs especially if the bikes have multiple gears. Frames that have horizontal drop outs tend to have wheel movement inside of the drop outs. With such low gearing and all of the pedal kicking it may cause the rear wheel to move quite a bit in the frame. Not to mention the brake adjustment headaches that comes with frames with horizontal drop outs.

Keep riding,

Deadly Venom

Thank God ONE company is doing horizontal dropouts for stocks now... it's crazy it hasn't happened already (Y) Pity this is more of a streetier frame than a 'pure' frame, but there we go.

Surely horizontal dropouts on a pure trials stock effects its comp legalness? no mech-no gears, no gears-no comp entry. and im sure koxx (a comp/natural based company) wouldnt release mulitple frames which would jepordise there frames being entered at mass events, meaning less advertisment.

Just a thought.

Tom

As for the drop outs, for BMX and street style 26 inch bikes horizontal drop outs are a good choice. But for bikes like these it maybe better to have vertical drop outs especially if the bikes have multiple gears. Frames that have horizontal drop outs tend to have wheel movement inside of the drop outs. With such low gearing and all of the pedal kicking it may cause the rear wheel to move quite a bit in the frame. Not to mention the brake adjustment headaches that comes with frames with horizontal drop outs.

Like I said to Paul Oliver before, stock riders think too much (Y)

Think about it for a second.

Have mods have always had horizontal dropouts. People have "such low gearing" and "pedal kick", yet there is nothing to "cause the rear wheel to move quite a bit in the frame". It just doesn't happen. Seriously, look at what's around first before coming up with hypotheses, as if the answer to a question is already out there, you don't have to guess your way through a problem.

With chain tugs, there is no problem.

Equally, you can chain tugs such as the DMR ones which allow you to run gears on a horizontal drop-out bike, meaning that you can get good tension if you run singlespeed, but still run gears if you want.

And again, brake headaches? There used to be this problem with mods *ages* ago, but it's not the hardest job in the world to work out roughly where the brake needs to be, then putting it on. Remember - mods work, and mods have horizontal dropouts :) As do BMX's, etc., and they don't have "brake adjustment headaches".

yip totally agree with mark, its feckin stupid how stock riders dont seem to wanna run horizontal, i know for sure that id go for it, sure itll slightly alter you effective chainstay length-BUT GET OVER IT!

ive never had problems with my horizontals on my dirt, bmx or my mod bikes, they have been super sweet, yet mechs/tensioners-they are always a faff due to thier sticky out nature meaning you catch them all too easily

the use of a half link would almost rule out the chainstay length problems as to when tension is applied by moving the wheel backwards and so there really arent any excuses there....

basically mod riders manage, and alot of them are the shizzle, it just seems the majority of stock riders arent welcoming such a good idea with embracing arms, which is a great pity

also frames such as the azonic steelhead have the gear hanger on them as well as horizontal dropouts, so ensuring comp legalness.........theres really no excuse not too (Y)