Post Your Desktop Background

Dai the Socket

My linux desktop

Please don't hotlink this later on (if you want to quote it) as it is not allowed on the host.

I did that but when i downloaded a theme...when i extracted it, i got loads of folders but no setup. Is there something i'm doing wrong? or did i download the wrong type of theme?

Once i eventually do it i'll post a pic

EDIT: OK so i sort of did it but when i try to open the .theme file it says "blachblah.theme" is not a valid theme

Umm thats cos its for the linux gnome desktop, but there probably is a windows option in there.

Hint: My desktop is running the gnome desktop - click the link to see it.

Edited by robnewland

My Desktop Backgound.. Im running Windows XP Media Center 2005 hense the bluey/silver look :)

Olly.

yo, did you buy a media center pc or did you get a copy of MC and install it on your regular pc?

If you got a copy, where from? how much? and can you just install it like regular windows?

Edited by RicH_87

yo, did you buy a media center pc or did you get a copy of MC and install it on your regular pc?

If you got a copy, where from? how much? and can you just install it like regular windows?

I bought a Media Center PC but its not different really, its just an operating system with the extra features a like the TV/Radio and stuff added in if you have those available but yea you can but the operating system as standard from the link given or other places.

I only bought the PC with that on it to see what I could do with my 360 really otherwise the PC itself is standard, I dont have the TV turner or radio stuff but can stream music, videos and pictures to my 360 from it and therefore through my TV :)

Olly.

download one of the brico pack things that were mentioned earlier on in the topic.. like oage 2 or something. Its a windows theme that changes all the folders and menu's etc. when you're bored uninststall it and it'll be exactly as it was before.