Post Your Desktop Background

Dai the Socket

Ooo i like that! How/where do you get it?

It's just some random OS X-style background which I'm sure won't take much finding. Then object dock which you can also google. The start menu has just been minimised or hidden. The clock is part of Konfabulator (Now called Yahoo Widgets Engine I believe) and I presume the other widgets are. For true OS X steez, you need to arrange all the icons to the right hand side.

Funnily enough I had almost exactly the same setup as that (right down to the same clock). But with Windows, the lack of the start bar was really, really annoying for me. Anyway, now I have the real deal B)

How do you cope with no quick launch :S

Anyway here mine did away with that stupid object dock. :) though the wallpaper keeps confusing me when i look at it.

Object dock is pointless if you have the right things in quicklaunch, I soon got tired of object dock and never reinstalled it when I reformatted again etc.

XP also has the usefull start menu with shortcuts to folders and location on the pc only 2 clicks away, I find that better than the annoyingness of object dock popping up when i move my mouse to far etc....

My "Desktop"

(I couldn't figure out how to use the thumbnail thing...?)

This is blackbox on Ubuntu Linux. Very quick and minimal. I use it when I am in a hurry and want a fast start up time, but most of the time in Ubuntu, I use Gnome (Y) . It is fun to play with blackbox, as all the menus are custom, as is the theme (modified from a standard theme by me.)

(I couldn't figure out how to use the thumbnail thing...?)

you have to attach the image to the post rather than uploading it to your own webspace - there's a button under the reply box. Or if you use Imageshack, I believe they have some thumbnail functions too :)

Also, i have done that, but how do i get like shut down and log off on there too? Thus illiminating the use for start menu (Y)

wray

Ive attached 3 shortcuts that should work. Be warned though they dont give you a menu once clicked like the start menu ones. Obviously you can change the icons to whatever :)

[attachmentid=4341]

Shutdown.zip

Ive attached 3 shortcuts that should work. Be warned though they dont give you a menu once clicked like the start menu ones. Obviously you can change the icons to whatever :)

[attachmentid=4341]

ta very much! Liking this new 'layout'. Although im sure it will start to annoy me soon :P

wray