New Trials Site!, Have A Peek....!

MrSuave

Hi guys,

ive started to create a new trials site and have got it to a point where i feel its at least worthy to be put on the net. its pretty basic and simple at the Mo as im utter rubbish on a computer and had to buy a ''retards guide to website's'' jobbie which is kinda restrictive but it easy to use :$ .

Just wanted some feedback, we plan to get some videos up shortly followed by additional photos and bio's of the rest of the riders so be sure to check back every so often.

Thanks in advance (Y)

Tom.

LINK>>> www.mrsuave.co.uk

Edited by TomNewbold

Site looks swish, is that the same fred that won intermediate as last year nass? :rip:

Yup, thats freddy......... the funky little chap, used to ride with him and be better than him. i give up for a year and he now absolutely woops my ass the little git. ha ha.......... :P

Nice site, although i wish i didn't find out it was a template. :(

I'll go through the site a bit though.

First off, navigation. It's very in-consistent, as in, you have the first link in cap's, then you have "About us" and "Guest Book", where the second word has a capital letter, and one doesn't. Try and make it the same through out.

The main body text also look's very, well, template stylee. Mainly because it's glaringly obvious you've had a set amount of input's to fill in. E.g. "welcome to www.mrsuave.co.uk", then the header "WELCOME!!!". You've said welcome twice now, we read you the first time. The whole double line spacing looks silly as well, also considering the rest of the site doesn't have it. Changing the line spacing is all well and good, but double is a bit to much, although at a guess, that isn't line spacing, it's just you pressing enter twice.

The picture's are also resized via HTML, both on that welcome page and the about us page, and it's really obvious as you can see the line's aren't anti-aliased and are all pixelated. The homepage one is only resized by a few pixels, so it wouldn't hurt to resize it properly those extra few pixels, just to finish of the site.

Other then that, it's good for a template, shame you had to pay for the privilege though.

First off, navigation. It's very in-consistent, as in, you have the first link in cap's, then you have "About us" and "Guest Book", where the second word has a capital letter, and one doesn't. Try and make it the same through out.

The main body text also look's very, well, template stylee. Mainly because it's glaringly obvious you've had a set amount of input's to fill in. E.g. "welcome to www.mrsuave.co.uk", then the header "WELCOME!!!". You've said welcome twice now, we read you the first time. The whole double line spacing looks silly as well, also considering the rest of the site doesn't have it. Changing the line spacing is all well and good, but double is a bit to much, although at a guess, that isn't line spacing, it's just you pressing enter twice.

The picture's are also resized via HTML, both on that welcome page and the about us page, and it's really obvious as you can see the line's aren't anti-aliased and are all pixelated. The homepage one is only resized by a few pixels, so it wouldn't hurt to resize it properly those extra few pixels, just to finish of the site.

Other then that, it's good for a template, shame you had to pay for the privilege though.

WHAAATTTTTTTTT???!!!! think you need to get out more ;)

, jus kiddin, but what the hell is anti-aliased and pixelated etc??, really dont have the foggiest what your on about, - i did say im a retard with a computer!!. just about worked out how to upload photos for gods sake! :S The bit about the lettering i get and will sort out but i cant seem to stop it going down, i only hit enter once and off it goes! bloody thing.

Thanks for your input though, even if it makes no sense to thicko me (Y)

WHAAATTTTTTTTT???!!!! think you need to get out more ;)

, jus kiddin, but what the hell is anti-aliased and pixelated etc??

The picture's. You've uploaded them in one size, then set the width and height attributes to something smaller, so it just resize's it on the page.

Maybe the program/site you used did that for you, but try and upload pictures in the same size that they will be displayed in.

(Y)

The picture's. You've uploaded them in one size, then set the width and height attributes to something smaller, so it just resize's it on the page.

Maybe the program/site you used did that for you, but try and upload pictures in the same size that they will be displayed in.

Ah right. that makes more sense. do i do that in a picture editor or something or when i actually take the picture on my camera? god i really am a dumb ass... :blink:

thanks again.

Cool site, get a couple vids and a few more pics up on there and it will TOTALLY rock! (Y)

Nathan :P

(Y)

Ah right. that makes more sense. do i do that in a picture editor or something or when i actually take the picture on my camera? god i really am a dumb ass... :blink:

thanks again.

Yeah if the picture looks weird, either stick it into word or paint and adjust it, if you need to take off needless parts of pictures without reducing them down, use the crop tool in word on the picture toolbar (Y)

Nathan :)

right, have updated it a touch now. sorted the word spacing and the capital/not capital's senario and updated my bike pic n spec. still needing some work. hoping to get some filming done and also alot more pics this weekend.

thankyou all for your support. (Y)

tom@mrsuave.

Did you have to pay for that site, If so how much?

well i bought it in a box from a shop called urban outfitters in covent garden, london , cost me £10 in the sale which included everything you see, even the domain name, you can get one on line at www.mrsite.co.uk but it'll be more than a tenner, perhaps £20 or £25, still seems cheap to me. (Y)

Same.

Lol. I hate having the same b*****d opinion as Simon. He always sees topics first too :(

First impressions were good but after I found it was a template your kudos went down a little. I'd rather you buy a template like that, and make an effort, than use a freewebs site by far!

Do what Simon said. What made me look into the link at the bottom was that your typing was inconsistant, capitals on letter which didn't need them and then missing them off others. And the exclamation marks!

Anyway.

Sweet first impression.

You've still got like +2 kudos B)^_^