Frame Flexing! Also Brake Problems!

bikerboysam1

Right I got my new HS33 last week, and then a few minutes ago I looked at it and realised that (although I have a brake

booster) my frame was still flexing. :S Has anyone else ever had this happen to them before??? What shall I do? Will I

need a new (or another) brake booster?

Also, how do I fix my other HS33 - my old one? [pic below]

sorry about the size of the pic :o I don't have a clue why it has come up soooo big???

IPB Image

I need to join the hose...

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sam

Edited by bikerboysam1

Umm you need the nylon hose blocks to put the Christmas tree/barb fitting in, I presume the same for the monty hose splitter too but not sure as I've never done one.

Ill get a picture of the nylon blocks in a minute

EDIT: no I wont, i cant find a good enough pic

Edited by PaRtZ

I have a booster on my hs33 ( a onza carbon one ) and i still get a certain amount of frame flex.

Booster arent supposed to completely eliminate frame flex just lower frame fatigue, but the stiffer the booster the less flex there will be.

And about your other brake - i have no idea, some hot water, a vice, and some polystyrine i have heard is what you need but i'm sure if you searched you would find what you need.

sam

Ok i had this problem not to long ago, what u do is put the hose in the vice with the open end pointing out a little bit then get the piston with the barbed bolt in and hammer it in, use some wd40 aswell helps loads.

hopfully that makes some sence :).

Ok i had this problem not to long ago, what u do is put the hose in the vice with the open end pointing out a little bit then get the piston with the barbed bolt in and hammer it in, use some wd40 aswell helps loads.

hopfully that makes some sence :).

Oh right Ok, I will try that first... then if it doesn't work I will take it to my LBS.

Thanks,

Sam

Hello,

Have thought of trying the new echo 4 bolt clamps it may help.

Bhups.

Think about it, how will changing the mounts effect the chainstay's flexing?

Those mounts are essentially exactley the same as the standard Magura 4-bolt ones.

Unless of course you were referring to his hosing problem, in which case new mounts will be useless too....

:rolleyes:

Edited by jake1516

"Think about it, how will changing the mounts effect the chainstay's flexing?

Those mounts are essentially exactley the same as the standard Magura 4-bolt ones.

Unless of course you were referring to his hosing problem, in which case new mounts will be useless too...."

Ok i was wrong but thats why i said it may ( meaning i was unsure if it would) but yea i was wrong none the less.

I have a booster on my hs33 ( a onza carbon one ) and i still get a certain amount of frame flex.

Booster arent supposed to completely eliminate frame flex just lower frame fatigue, but the stiffer the booster the less flex there will be.

And about your other brake - i have no idea, some hot water, a vice, and some polystyrine i have heard is what you need but i'm sure if you searched you would find what you need.

sam

Spot on, and i don't see why that reply would be out of place in members chat?

Try heating up the ends of the hose before attempting to put it onto the barb, It sometimes works, but often is a right b***rd to get on! If not i'm sure somebody has a standard set of cylinders and hosing you could use rather that messing around with split hosing.

Ian

I have a few questions to ask :S

1)what the hell is frame flexing?

2)how do brake boosters work?

3)what do they do?

Frame flex is when the chainstays flex outwards due to the brakes being v. strong, brake boosters help to stop some of this flex, thus making your brake stronger

"Think about it, how will changing the mounts effect the chainstay's flexing?

Unless of course you were referring to his hosing problem, in which case new mounts will be useless too...."

Ok i was wrong but thats why i said it may ( meaning i was unsure if it would) but yea i was wrong none the less.

actually your point is valid, my brake only flexs really on the mounts, im sure the cnc echo ones would be stiffer ( as the metal in magura ones is so soft) therefore reducing flex at the mounts a bit. a better booster(echo control, heatsink) would reduce flex even more but abit of flex is fine

actually your point is valid, my brake only flexs really on the mounts, im sure the cnc echo ones would be stiffer ( as the metal in magura ones is so soft) therefore reducing flex at the mounts a bit. a better booster(echo control, heatsink) would reduce flex even more but abit of flex is fine

If he is already running a 4 bolt booster, then the clamps in use would be irrelevant, the bolts go straight through from the booster to the frame not allowing the clamps to move regardless of the strength of the clamps. Also with the flex still occurring even with a booster, this happens because of the booster being raised quite far above the frame leaving room for flex in the bolts. This is why the new frames come with built in boosters to give optimum strength closest to the area of stress.

Get a rb design brake booster. (Y)

Please dont listen to this Lad. RB Boosters come with Ti bolts, reallly soft and round easy, And the booster isnt actually that good, it still flew's like a bad ass. What you want is an echo control booster B) Ive got one on my t-rex, No flex there B)

If you have 4-bolt mounts which are flexing you have a serious problem on your hands, those things are so small that there isn't any room for them to bend.....

If you have 4-bolt mounts which are flexing you have a serious problem on your hands, those things are so small that there isn't any room for them to bend.....

i dont run a booster as i have a control. the bolts flex when you use the brake, all i was getting at if the mounts are stiffer maybe it would support the bolts more

i dont run a booster as i have a control. the bolts flex when you use the brake, all i was getting at if the mounts are stiffer maybe it would support the bolts more

Yeh, your bolts flex, not the mount's themselves.

What im getting at is that Standard magura 4 bolt's or echo CNC 4-bolt's are not the answer to this kids question.....