Recent Shoot

James Quigley

Don't ask me the photographer done all the editing, just gave me the images on a CD today. I think he's quite new to photoshop though.

No, really? :P

Yeah, otherwise he'd use much better functions for the pictures, I.E Stitching,Layering etc

Instead he's used functions that are so basic they spoil the photos :(

Well good pics, wouldn't mind being able to do that (Y)

Get photoshop, open up a pic, press Ctrl-i and you're well on your way to making photo's that look like that.

I agree, the second pic is pretty nice, but the rest are painful to look at, and take next to no skill at all.

Get photoshop, open up a pic, press Ctrl-i and you're well on your way to making photo's that look like that.

I agree, the second pic is pretty nice, but the rest are painful to look at, and take next to no skill at all.

I had Photoshop but deleted it because i couldn't use it and was too big :(

I don't suppose you guys were in North wales today??

And you didn't do the drop to rail by the zebra crossing near the station :- ?

Nowhere near North Wales I'm affraid mate.

i thought all those pictures were top notch stuff

OMFG is that a GU i spy? when did you get that?

Yes Ash it's a GU the Belaey cracked again so I went out and bought a high BB.

And although I kept moaning about high BB's I love it now, because it only took one ride to get used to.

sorry if this sounds harsh mate and its nothing against you but those phots really aren't anything special at all. if this guy is putting them in his portfolio then he's not gonna get much work. i take a fair few pics and know what i'm doing (ish) and i could shoot better pics than them. maybe for people who don't know what trials is they're alright but for us riders those pics are pretty crap. if i were you i'd tell him to take a look in here at the photo competition before he shoots you guys again. the light, focus etc on the second pic are all fine but the andle doesn't show the move off and he could get pics a hundred thousand times better with that camera and you riders...

sorry if this sounds harsh mate and its nothing against you but those phots really aren't anything special at all. if this guy is putting them in his portfolio then he's not gonna get much work. i take a fair few pics and know what i'm doing (ish) and i could shoot better pics than them. maybe for people who don't know what trials is they're alright but for us riders those pics are pretty crap. if i were you i'd tell him to take a look in here at the photo competition before he shoots you guys again. the light, focus etc on the second pic are all fine but the andle doesn't show the move off and he could get pics a hundred thousand times better with that camera and you riders...

Thats a fair comment, everyone could do with some constructive criticism. cheers

:S

As new to photography or photoshop as he may be i'd advise strongly about putting those in a portfolio. I wouldn't even start to build a pf until you know what your doing with the camera, photoshop etc etc etc.

Seems like he's experimenting which is cool but I wouldn't build a pf just yet.

(Y)

Some neat shots , best left untouched apart from some judicious cropping perhaps .

Off topic , but in this ( excellent ) picture ...

IPB Image

...It's interesting to see how far the rear wheel drops , it seems to be quite a few inches UNDER the takeoff surface . I presume this effect prohibits large gaps on flat ground ? :ermm:

Some neat shots , best left untouched apart from some judicious cropping perhaps .

Off topic , but in this ( excellent ) picture ...

%7Boption%7D

...It's interesting to see how far the rear wheel drops , it seems to be quite a few inches UNDER the takeoff surface . I presume this effect prohibits large gaps on flat ground ? :ermm:

yeah, i find practicing gaps for distance, on walls is alot better than on flat. because you can pinch the tyre into the edge, which springs up along :D