f**king Lot Of Fotos Ive Took In Liverpool And Bristol James Porter Ma

Davetrials

You've had your camera for how long and you don't think you can change the shutter speed :lol::lol:

Dave forking come on lad, smack it on M for manual ;) and use the buttons to change the shutter speed.

For trials, about 1/250th is ideal.

Never use "sports mode" = crap

On your camera when you look on the lcd or viewfinder there will be a little line..... like this

- ---------- +

Thats your light metre, you need to work out the shutter, iso and apature to balance it in the middle so that pics come out exposed right. It's just a matter of experimenting and getting it right, also use fill flash, looks good in the day too.

On your average gray day you may need something like iso 200, F 5.6 , 1/320 for trials. Can't really say, each scenario is different depending on the light available, just play with the settings to get that little light metre balaced.

The disadvantage of having a slower shutter speed means blurry riders, James's face on that front wheel gap for instance. Pop the flash up and that'll help loads!

For trials you don't want to go anything under 1/125 really, with flash.

Handheld snapshots you can get away with about 1/60th without any blur, depends how steady your hands are really.

As my photography teacher said the other day " If your using auto mode on the camera, I wouldn't even call you a photographer"

Thats how you'll get better mate, use M.

You said that you just took a pic and it was all dark. Well inside it's probably not great, and pretty hard to get the right light without using some sort of flash.

Anyway i'll shut up now

Some nice pics and the riding....well I won't go there B)

Rob (Y):)

You've had your camera for how long and you don't think you can change the shutter speed :lol::lol:

Dave forking come on lad, smack it on M for manual ;) and use the buttons to change the shutter speed.

For trials, about 1/250th is ideal.

Never use "sports mode" = crap

On your camera when you look on the lcd or viewfinder there will be a little line..... like this

- ---------- +

Thats your light metre, you need to work out the shutter, iso and apature to balance it in the middle so that pics come out exposed right. It's just a matter of experimenting and getting it right, also use fill flash, looks good in the day too.

On your average gray day you may need something like iso 200, F 5.6 , 1/320 for trials. Can't really say, each scenario is different depending on the light available, just play with the settings to get that little light metre balaced.

The disadvantage of having a slower shutter speed means blurry riders, James's face on that front wheel gap for instance. Pop the flash up and that'll help loads!

For trials you don't want to go anything under 1/125 really, with flash.

Handheld snapshots you can get away with about 1/60th without any blur, depends how steady your hands are really.

As my photography teacher said the other day " If your using auto mode on the camera, I wouldn't even call you a photographer"

Thats how you'll get better mate, use M.

You said that you just took a pic and it was all dark. Well inside it's probably not great, and pretty hard to get the right light without using some sort of flash.

Anyway i'll shut up now

Some nice pics and the riding....well I won't go there B)

Rob (Y):)

ive had a chat with fatmike hes helped me out, ive never really explored my cam lol

form now on its "M" all the way