Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Anyone know what would cause an intermitant odometer on a mk2 golf? Mine stops counting after drving for 30 mins, very strange.

Check the speedo cable connection at both the gearbox end and at the rear of the clocks.Also check your ecu (passenger side scuttle panel!) it's really prone to getting wet on Mk2's and corrosion in the connecting pins can cause some strange symptoms!!

Mike.

Check the speedo cable connection at both the gearbox end and at the rear of the clocks.Also check your ecu (passenger side scuttle panel!) it's really prone to getting wet on Mk2's and corrosion in the connecting pins can cause some strange symptoms!!

Mike.

I will trace the cable into the engine bay, don't really want to dismantle my dash though.

No ECU, carbed engine.

Shame it's not yours eh? Now get back to your micro machines thread!

may not be my name on the deeds, but im insured on it, and ive covered more miles in that than i have in the mini!

she hit about 130 with 5 people in on the way to the bikeshow last year! shame pete wrights too slow with his camera to take the pic at max speed :P

desperately trying to convince parents to chip it atm......

post-168-1141906930_thumb.jpg

You can get ATS Classics for £375 - and that is not expensive!

Tacky looking chrome wheels are £1200... That's a rip off.

Also, look up Weller Wheels on google - They are wide "steelies" - Paint them a shiny black and lower your car, you'll never see anything like it. immense.

Oh, and they are £43 each for the Polo MK3.

ats classsics aren't too expensive compared to some other wheels, depends where you get them really!

my wheels (without tyres) cost me £380 delivered from german ebay, yet over here they are about £110 each with shipping on top. heard of other people spending thousands on rare bbs rims by the time they source new dishes and then have them refurbed and assembled. . . . .

Raah saving this from page two.

I bought another veedub at the weekend, a polo.

It's a 1300 with a hydraulic tappet head, 5 speed box, 60k and two owners from new.

90 quid.

Bargain!!! I'm bidding on a carb for it off ebay and the engine in the polo's gonna be my wee project engine which will be chucked in my golf when it's complete...

120bhp here we come ;)

Pics to follow..

James

Raah saving this from page two.

I bought another veedub at the weekend, a polo.

It's a 1300 with a hydraulic tappet head, 5 speed box, 60k and two owners from new.

90 quid.

Bargain!!! I'm bidding on a carb for it off ebay and the engine in the polo's gonna be my wee project engine which will be chucked in my golf when it's complete...

120bhp here we come ;)

Pics to follow..

James

I presume mark 2

(Y)