Nissan Skyline Wallpaper

Smo™

Thought I'd have a play with CS2 and this is what I came up with (based loosely on the Valentines Day piece I made a while back). Resolution is 1280x1024.

Please note, the image below is NOT the wallpaper, it's a thumbnail showing PART of the image.

Click image for 1280x1024.

IPB Image

Click here for 1024x768 and here for 800x600.

As always, constructive criticism and comments appreciated.

Edited by Smo

Each to their own, but I'd hardly call it 'one of the worst examples'. You telling me you'd feel ashamed to be seen in the driving seat of that thing?

As for the whole 'flower patch' thing, those were the brushes I chose to use. I could do it with others but I'd rather not.

Yes I would feel utterly ashamed. That is the Max Power of Skylines.

Shame it'll probably beat the shit out of most Max Power cars.

One of 3 of those cars (they used 3 stunt cars in the film) was for sale a while back, and everything was real in the engine. Can't remember if the NOS was real though.

It's my background at work. :P

Shame it'll probably beat the shit out of most Max Power cars.

One of 3 of those cars (they used 3 stunt cars in the film) was for sale a while back, and everything was real in the engine. Can't remember if the NOS was real though.

It's my background at work. :P

Not debating that at all. Just mention that car to 99.9% of actual Skyline owners, and laughter will follow.

I have to say I'm in agreeance with Dan. I've never been a fan of that car for a number of reasons:

1: For all the NOS and loud exhausts, the car is probably slower than it makes out, due to all the extra plastic glued on to it.

2: A car like that was designed for driving not showing off, even the name Skyline is in reference to the twisty mountain roads in Japan where Nissan carried out much of the testing.

3: The R34 is in my opinion the ugliest of all the Skylines, which doesn't help matters

4: There are faster and far better looking examples around, built by poeple that have a concept of engineering as opposed to an art degree. For example:

Mines N1 Spec R34, fastest road going Skyline (round corners) can lap Japan's Tsukuba track as fast as most race versions.

[attachmentid=2805]

Garage Defend R34. Fully race prepared and one of the few car to be running the HKS variable valve timing unit.

[attachmentid=2804]

Attkd R32. Currently the fastest track Skyline out there (bar the GT500 cars but they don't count).

[attachmentid=2806]

My feelings about the car aside, the artwork itself is very impressive, you got some skills there (Y):)

Comments appreciated, thanks. Regarding the car, I love the GTR-R34 and have seen some beautiful examples - I found the colours and bodywork on this particular one to be perfect for what I wanted to do with this wallpaper, plus I really like it. For me this piece has jack shit to do with the performance of the car, purely aesthetics.

OD, some lovely cars there mate (Y)

good work but yeh, should of used a real skyline:

IPB Image

:P

Agreed, the old ones are some of the best. Check out the old Hakosuka GT-R race cars, they were very fast for their time and really started the whole Skyline legend.

My gripe wth the R34 is that its been overstyled to look agressive, when it wasn't really needed, there hasn't been much in the way of development between the R33 and R34 (from what I can tell), just a makeover. Its also slightly heavier than previous models and doesn't give as good driver feedback (essential in a car of this caliber).

The only reason today's fastest Skylines are all R34's is because tuners need to build their demo cars to stay up to date with production models (better for business), but as proven by Attkd, the older models have just the same potential, maybe more in track situations.

Thought I'd have a play with CS2 and this is what I came up with (based loosely on the Valentines Day piece I made a while back). Resolution is 1280x1024.

Please note, the image below is NOT the wallpaper, it's a thumbnail showing PART of the image.

Click image for 1280x1024.

IPB Image

Click here for 1024x768 and here for 800x600.

As always, constructive criticism and comments appreciated.

kool as fook its now my background