New Koxx

Walleee

LMAO!!!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

onza do make BUDGET bikes. they do it well (Y):) BUT they dont make frames that have that bit of "oooo" about them. thats what koxx do so well. i think that when it bears down to it YOU HAVE to have ridden so many frames to understand the feel and ability of a bike/frame. some people on here "onza's" are great for them, but they havent had any thing better. so when you have ridden as many frames and bikes as i have come back spank my arse and tell me to stop lying through my teeth. (but you will find i am not)

if you want something to ride/look good you do have to part with the ££££. anyone and everyone does.

AHEM!!! monty double disc?????? ;)B)

like those Ti frames, the one that simon (the chink) was riding, it looks good, and very trick BUT the frame HAS to have near perfect geometry for someone to commit to £600/700. the disc on it was amazing hence why i want to try rear disc for competition use (Y):)

Waynio........................

hiydi hi campers.......

My 2 pence worth just for the record:

I went to koxx days and saw this frame hanging from the rafters in the koxx shop area and also Kenny riding one built up. it is possibly the best looking trials frame i have ever seen and ive been doing this for a rather long time now. The CNC work around the seat tube and BB area is extremelly well finished and the colourways and carbon toptube really give it an air of class.

I didn't notice the disc mount as i run a rear maggie.

Im not sure its worth £700 or so but non the less i will most definately consider buying one for the sheer beauty of it and if you saw what Mr Belay can do on it then im sure its good enough for mere mortal such as myself.

And incase your wondering, ive never had a koxx and i ride an echo control.

i had a back hop on the bike at koxx days and it wasnt that nice. looks nice but didnt perform that well imo.

but i only backhopped on it. its all about first impressions

simon

Has anyone else in this thread ridden it?

Glad you're back Si-Mang.

onza do make BUDGET bikes. they do it well (Y):) BUT they dont make frames that have that bit of "oooo" about them. thats what koxx do so well. i think that when it bears down to it YOU HAVE to have ridden so many frames to understand the feel and ability of a bike/frame. some people on here "onza's" are great for them, but they havent had any thing better. so when you have ridden as many frames and bikes as i have come back spank my arse and tell me to stop lying through my teeth. (but you will find i am not)

you may well be telling the truth , doesnt stop it from getting f**king tedious.

wayne, the limey is an examle of a bike with oooooooo factor so is the rex, onza make good high end frames too, you're telling me that slinger frame doesn not have "oooooooooooo" factor? i'm sure slinger and butler have had other frames than their onzas but they seem to like them.

wayne, the limey is an examle of a bike with oooooooo factor so is the rex, onza make good high end frames too, you're telling me that slinger frame doesn not have "oooooooooooo" factor? i'm sure slinger and butler have had other frames than their onzas but they seem to like them.

I do love the Limey, much rather have one of them than a koxx, though the caisso did almost tempt me. Anyone know if the chainstays have stopped falling off them yet?

notice how if onza had done this carbon top tube malarky and koxx had made a proto last year everyone would say they coppied it :- no such accusations for koxx.

why is it copied. bikes with carbon tubes have been around for ages. its only a material its not got anything else in similar design. this week at koxx days opened my eyes. koxx is a HUGE company who care about trials. they are a huge coperate company BUT they are a company trying new things. look at any of the current range and you will realise that none of its copied. you get a real sense of a comunity at koxx days throughout the company. the team riders are greatly involved with the owners and the riders are involved with each other. other trials companys make fantastic and cheaper frames but koxx just seem to a more impressive company in the way its run than the others.

And the comments about wayne are understandable about him 'bumming koxx' as he does have alot of good things to say about them but after seeing the way koxx do things i gotta agree with wayne, they are an impressive company and if you saw it for yourself many would agree.

whether i feel comfortable giving them my money is another thing completly though

yes the cahinstays have stopped falling off them, as now both sides are mahooooooooosive plates (Y)

i rode the belaey, aswell as an XTP-VRacing (which at the mo is looking like my new frame, until the Belaey is out!!!)

i had a go on Ben's Limey and Stan's, the headangle was too steep (for me personally) but then made the bike feel real front end heavy, dont know why but this was (maybe geometry???) my interpretation of that frame, it FELT long aswell, The VRacing @ 1100 wheelbase felt shorter than a 1090 Limey, and i will explain why, +40mm b/b, slack headangle and (literally almost PERFECT) geometry made it right. it rode so light aswell

you ask tim steadman!!!! he was riding Thomas Ohlers with me, it was a good laugh but we both noticed the SAME differences and how the bike was acting and responding, just from dossing about on it.

the Belaey from only being able to ride a little bit on it, (as kenny was obviosly on it most of time :P ) the +35mm on the b/b and 1080 wheelbase will probably suit me a little better than a VRacing but the VRacing was soooooooooo nice to ride, it literally SAT itself on the back wheel. but like i say pay penuts get monkeys!!!! pays pounds get pro's!!!!

just thought i would explain the bike to you. but if anyone could get on a VRacing and say to me it was SH!T and a limey was better i will shake their hand. Why is ben slinger wanting to move to koxx???? :o :o :lol: wait a mo!!! when he does and all his followers are riding his bikes THEN you will change your minds B)

Waynio...........................

yes the cahinstays have stopped falling off them, as now both sides are mahooooooooosive plates (Y)

i rode the belaey, aswell as an XTP-VRacing (which at the mo is looking like my new frame, until the Belaey is out!!!)

i had a go on Ben's Limey and Stan's, the headangle was too steep (for me personally) but then made the bike feel real front end heavy, dont know why but this was (maybe geometry???) my interpretation of that frame, it FELT long aswell, The VRacing @ 1100 wheelbase felt shorter than a 1090 Limey, and i will explain why, +40mm b/b, slack headangle and (literally almost PERFECT) geometry made it right. it rode so light aswell

you ask tim steadman!!!! he was riding Thomas Ohlers with me, it was a good laugh but we both noticed the SAME differences and how the bike was acting and responding, just from dossing about on it.

the Belaey from only being able to ride a little bit on it, (as kenny was obviosly on it most of time :P ) the +35mm on the b/b and 1080 wheelbase will probably suit me a little better than a VRacing but the VRacing was soooooooooo nice to ride, it literally SAT itself on the back wheel. but like i say pay penuts get monkeys!!!! pays pounds get pro's!!!!

just thought i would explain the bike to you. but if anyone could get on a VRacing and say to me it was SH!T and a limey was better i will shake their hand. Why is ben slinger wanting to move to koxx???? :o :o :lol: wait a mo!!! when he does and all his followers are riding his bikes THEN you will change your minds B)

Was that a Spit roast the Wayne :P 3some FOR THE WIN! :lol:

fair play i dont know why every one slates koxx for being to expensive, just because the level boss 60 doallers each, that was probly materials, the amaount of engineering that goes into making any frame with all the cnc components is alot.

and it takes a fair amount of time to design the frame and get the perfect geo.

but not only that the tooling for the production line costs so much its unbeliveable as i should know as i am a tool maker, the smallest forming tools going cost so much.

and im pretty sure the over heads for the factory are pretty high as well as paying staff.

so all in all 400 quid for a frame is ok, unless of course you can make a better one your self in the garage with ur 300,00k cnc 5 plane machine :- and tig welder

I really do like the look of the new beleay and if i had a choise where money was no option the i would have one, but seeing as i can get bikes with similar geometry for under 1/2 the price i will never be buying one.

in an ideal world, i would have one.

fair play i dont know why every one slates koxx for being to expensive, just because the level boss 60 doallers each, that was probly materials, the amaount of engineering that goes into making any frame with all the cnc components is alot.

and it takes a fair amount of time to design the frame and get the perfect geo.

but not only that the tooling for the production line costs so much its unbeliveable as i should know as i am a tool maker, the smallest forming tools going cost so much.

and im pretty sure the over heads for the factory are pretty high as well as paying staff.

so all in all 400 quid for a frame is ok, unless of course you can make a better one your self in the garage with ur 300,00k cnc 5 plane machine :- and tig welder

IPB Image

£279.....

No making it yourself or garages involved.

:blink: .. anyone care to shed some light, not the first time ive heard this but noone has a full story. is this true? if it is what made him make the decision

just thought i would explain the bike to you. but if anyone could get on a VRacing and say to me it was SH!T and a limey was better i will shake their hand. Why is ben slinger wanting to move to koxx???? :o

That has nothing to do with stock frames though, Slinger rides mod... Anyway, if Ben wants to move to Koxx it's most likely because he's an ambitious guy and wants to ride for the biggest team in the world (Or are Monty bigger still?).

I agree with Rich87 and other people Wayne. The level of bias in your posts takes the piss a bit. Yeah, you know a lot and can tell us all a lot (which is a good thing), but you could do it in a better way that would make you look better. There is room in this world for more than one trials company, so just cool it with the bias (Y)

That has nothing to do with stock frames though, Slinger rides mod... Anyway, if Ben wants to move to Koxx it's most likely because he's an ambitious guy and wants to ride for the biggest team in the world (Or are Monty bigger still?).

I agree with Rich87 and other people Wayne. The level of bias in your posts takes the piss a bit. Yeah, you know a lot and can tell us all a lot (which is a good thing), but you could do it in a better way that would make you look better. There is room in this world for more than one trials company, so just cool it with the bias (Y)

Hes riding stock at the moment tom, he was on a limey at koxx days, hes also junior uci 26" world champ