Trialsqueens

crazy_gap girl

Normally i wouldnt piss on nick if he was on fire, but he really hasnt said anything wrong. A bit of constructive criticism and realism doesnt give you lot free reign to go "owwwwwww its just cos we're girls".

• 2 months later...

Well quite alots happened with trialsqueens i got a .com like good few months ago and better server e.t.c

but the designs changed and also i have added a new section for rider interviews, the first rider is Angelina, so go check that out to see what she really thinks! :)(Y)

Just a little idea, instead of having the flags, why not have a map of the world with markers where people are, then make them links?

Whoooooooooop!

Maybe braking up each individual rider, rather having them grouped by country, but apart from that looking really good.

Did you do all the web design yourself?

Personally I'd I were Nadine I'd be pretty f**ked off. Shes made a decent site, spent a lot of time on it and she gets ripped to peices, more so than f**king Camster and his shitty business attempts.

Ok, shes charging for stickers? Whats wrong with that, tartybikes do it but I don't hear anyone complaining about them and people still buy them even though you get them free on orders.

I, she nore many other people on this site would have the money to send out FREE stickers because the costs would be ridiculous after word gets round and she's sending them out all over the world.

She needs something to pay the bills for the site?

Call me a creep or whatever I don't give a f**k, but seriously, get your priorities right about what makes a good site ASWELL as the causes, shes promoting trials and also promoting trials to a lot of female riders. Whats wrong in that? I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing a few female riders on group rides, and I'm sure many other people on here would want to see some too.

I'm not trying to restart the argument on here, but Its fecking annoying when you see someone put effort in and it just gets ripped apart on here.

Looks very good indeed, a lot better than the old one. (Y)

However what resoloution are you running? On my resoloution it makes the site crammed together on the left side of the screen and the words on the menu very close together making them hard to read.

Im liking the design a lot though, the colors work together really well and it

has a nice bold feel, the choice of fonts is great too.

This is what it looks like for me, im guessing it isnt supposed to look like this?

[attachmentid=5807]

Good work though :)

post-7671-1152084568_thumb.jpg

Edited by adamtrials

Whoooooooooop!

Maybe braking up each individual rider, rather having them grouped by country, but apart from that looking really good.

Did you do all the web design yourself?

I am actually trying to put together a flash map im still trying to find how and which parts will go where and how to present it, sooo just the shity kind of map on he site took a while to crop as rollovers and line up LOL

And yeahh did it all my self :)

Looks very good indeed, a lot better than the old one. (Y)

However what resoloution are you running? On my resoloution it makes the site crammed together on the left side of the screen and the words on the menu very close together making them hard to read.

Im liking the design a lot though, the colors work together really well and it

has a nice bold feel, the choice of fonts is great too.

This is what it looks like for me, im guessing it isnt supposed to look like this?

[attachmentid=5807]

Good work though :)

It is ment to be all at the left hand side i was abit sick of having everything centerd as my screen at home is only 12" LOL and the macs at coll are 17" (i think,... but they are the smaller g5's)

I found that everything was all unevenly presented on a bigger screen so i just wacked everything to the side then at least its even lol

but yes about the navigation at the top i did try to separate them but when i made space i got a _ so was abit confused, so i thought i'd leave them as they were and see if you liked the way they were alltogether.

I will try today actually to get them spaced.

Personally I'd I were Nadine I'd be pretty f**ked off. Shes made a decent site, spent a lot of time on it and she gets ripped to peices, more so than f**king Camster and his shitty business attempts.

Ok, shes charging for stickers? Whats wrong with that, tartybikes do it but I don't hear anyone complaining about them and people still buy them even though you get them free on orders.

I, she nore many other people on this site would have the money to send out FREE stickers because the costs would be ridiculous after word gets round and she's sending them out all over the world.

She needs something to pay the bills for the site?

Call me a creep or whatever I don't give a f**k, but seriously, get your priorities right about what makes a good site ASWELL as the causes, shes promoting trials and also promoting trials to a lot of female riders. Whats wrong in that? I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing a few female riders on group rides, and I'm sure many other people on here would want to see some too.

I'm not trying to restart the argument on here, but Its fecking annoying when you see someone put effort in and it just gets ripped apart on here.

Its fine really but if people went in to depth about things I don't even know about then i'd think whys the point you make it sound like the whole site is shit - yet i think people forget why i made the site. Like you were saying :) .

I have actually sent out a few free sets of stickers, and they seemed chuffed (and thats not just to the trialsqueens ;) ), sooo its all good!

Although i have been in touch with Graffics to have some stickers made.

Thank you for all your comments, they help me alot to get a better site for helping other girls get into trials!

Cheers,

Nadine..

Good to see progression and updates. It's hard to keep things like that going I guess when you have other things to do. I wouldnt worry too much about speed e.t.c as most people have broadband. I like the site and can't really comment further however a few more videos could be ace and some more pictures :)

Well done and keep it up

I found that everything was all unevenly presented on a bigger screen so i just wacked everything to the side then at least its even lol

Ah now i kind of understand...

With the spacing of the menu could you make a new column without a link and a blank jpg of an appropriate size? Assuming thats how you made the menu, i cba to decipher all that javascript n stuff in the source...

The site looks professional! It's clear that alot of work has gone into it, which is great because the whole trialsqueens idea deserves to be given respect (Y)

Here come some tweak suggestions:

1. For the top links banner, I can't help wondering if it would improve clarity about where one link starts and another ends by growing the link banner it in both directions left and right. This would allow a larger space between seperate links (make this space larger than between words in a group so that each link is clearly seperated)...If that makes sense!

2. I couldn't find any riding photos easily linked to! I'm sure more content will come in time :)

The world map with the alternative country selection is a great feature!

Steve

really like the site you girls are getting to good!

I doubt people will buy stickers by the way.

Yeah. Unless they are of the female variety, of course.

I think that site is really good, though, Nadine (Y) . But, like a few others have said, the scrolling is really annoying and the riders section needs a few touch-ups. I really like JT's idea of the world map with marker flags for each rider, too!

Cheers,

Joe. :)

It is hard to put that many riders in a organised way, also to keep the number of pages down, to update say....20+ pages takes along time. (Some not all the time)

If any of you have any ideas how i could put all the riders in an organised and hassle free way then say so

Id like to keep the map, i just need some help if youd all prefer a much more better and detailed map then if any of you are pro at flash then PM me at some point. (Y)

Cheers Nadine..

Wheres the media bit gone? :( Im sure there was some at one point :P

Does look very good, easy to use and understand (Y)

EDIT: By the way, Nicks a good person, I doubt that he meant to say "its a crap idea" in the way it must have appeared....But theres enough love on the forum anyway so I guess the argument has dissolved anyway (Y)

Edited by PaRtZ

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard to put that many riders in a organised way, also to keep the number of pages down, to update say....20+ pages takes along time. (Some not all the time)

If any of you have any ideas how i could put all the riders in an organised and hassle free way then say so

Id like to keep the map, i just need some help if youd all prefer a much more better and detailed map then if any of you are pro at flash then PM me at some point. (Y)

Cheers Nadine..

have you thought about doing the rider page all in flash? possibly with the map to start off with, then when you click on the continent, it zooms in and displays pictures of each rider in that area. then you click one of the riders and it goes to their individual page? it might take a while to do but it will be really cool.

the site at the moment is really good. can tell a lot of work has been put into it :)

have you thought about doing the rider page all in flash? possibly with the map to start off with, then when you click on the continent, it zooms in and displays pictures of each rider in that area. then you click one of the riders and it goes to their individual page? it might take a while to do but it will be really cool.

the site at the moment is really good. can tell a lot of work has been put into it :)

That sir is a VERY good idea... i just can't do flash HAHAA!!............... anyone? with bags of time?? :turned::-

Whats wrong with stickers? I have some trialsqueens stickers... If there was no charge for stickers then Nadine would be paying for hosting + stickers to be made. Ok lets see, how many members on here would want some FREE stickers? at least 3/4, you know everyone likes free stuff. Thats a few thousend sticker sheets + all the people's friends wanting them and the general public. It just wouldnt work. So if your not going to buy stickers then i dont think thats a big issue and you should keep that to yourself.

Clawz