Fort William 2006

UCI Trial

Those of you who have checked out the entry form will know that the competition is on Saturday, this is to give everyone a chance to watch the Downhill final on Sunday.

Monday is a Bank Holiday, so no need to rush home on Sunday night, so what shall we do?

What about a gap + step comp in the town centre? We all know that it will draw a crowd and there should be a party atmosphere in F.W. after the main event.

Comments and further suggestions welcome.

woooooo yer the 2005 one day trial was the best comp ever cant wait for this one :D, me and iolo will be coming up cant wait, o and joe oakley got £65 off that drunk guy i only got a 5er :(

we just camped on the side of road going into the actual world cup village but i think most people camped at a campsite in fort bill

sam

Edited by wad

yes, Will it is sort of run around ALL the other cycling disciplines. to give trials a good perspective just like it did last year. it was really good.

a gap and step competition would be kool. il just have to sort the time off work. think il book the whole week off from say tuesday to tuesday if i can,or travel home through Sunday nite.

we need to make sure that the "Police" arent going to be too strict like they were last year, altho about 20 odd riders just cruising around ripping up fort william was kinda fun and kool!!!! there was probably more like 30 :Slol!!!! was a good do.

Waynio......................

yes, Will it is sort of run around ALL the other cycling disciplines. to give trials a good perspective just like it did last year. it was really good.

a gap and step competition would be kool. il just have to sort the time off work. think il book the whole week off from say tuesday to tuesday if i can,or travel home through Sunday nite.

we need to make sure that the "Police" arent going to be too strict like they were last year, altho about 20 odd riders just cruising around ripping up fort william was kinda fun and kool!!!! there was probably more like 30 :Slol!!!! was a good do.

yeah, sounds good. i enjoyed last year, i just hope i can stand the journey up. i will probarbly drive up now as i think a few people from n wales may need lifts?

ta

Will

its not a bad drive to be honest will. i did it in a Nissan Primastar van last year and it was pretty easy going, we even stopped 3/4 the way there to climb up a mountain (Y):D hahaha it was quite funny.

it will be fairly easy for you, straight up M6 :) iv got to get to the M6 1st. gotta weave all over the shop then onto M6 and up up up and AWAY!!!! too infinity and beyond! :P

if you want to convoy up??? dependant on what day your going etc etc, im sure we can sort sumot out?

Waynio.........................

Will this be run alongside the DH event this time??

i may be travelling up with mad and iolo if i can get to their place hehe :D

woop

Will

to be fair will! i thought last time it was set out well. there was 4 sections in the river which was under the bridge that the cross country track went along, and attracted many spectators. then there was the section by the queue for the gondolier (massive at times) we had the next one right next to the commentary rig and the final was next to the beer tent (Y)

this year i'm gonna observe the last section FROM THE BEER TENT :P:P:P you'll no doubt have less dabs as the day goes on :S:cheers:

its not a bad drive to be honest will. i did it in a Nissan Primastar van last year and it was pretty easy going, we even stopped 3/4 the way there to climb up a mountain (Y):D hahaha it was quite funny.

it will be fairly easy for you, straight up M6 :) iv got to get to the M6 1st. gotta weave all over the shop then onto M6 and up up up and AWAY!!!! too infinity and beyond! :P

if you want to convoy up??? dependant on what day your going etc etc, im sure we can sort sumot out?

Waynio.........................

bwaha, sounds good man :D convoyage is cool, because then i can be lazy and follow you and not have to worry about directions :P ner, only jokin, i dont mind doing directions and going ahead, unless you know the route off by heart?

oh and rugbyman, i loved the way it wa fun alongside the DH event last year, wasn't dissing it atall. ifact i'm glad it will be along side it, was good having a crowd last time :) also a great opportunity to get our sport know :D

cheers

Will

yeah, sounds good. i enjoyed last year, i just hope i can stand the journey up. i will probarbly drive up now as i think a few people from n wales may need lifts?

ta

Will

I wana ride fort william dh course again :( I miss my downhill bike :P , Though will be my first trials event if young william can host my fatty in his car lol.

Is there any rules around media e.t.c as I will be taking my camera and would like to get some ace angles if allowed :)

ye its pretty easy to get up there Will (Y):)

we will sort something out, im sure i will see or speak to you before the event. :D

ye the crowds that it attracts is great.

im still going to be there (even though i may not be able to ride, depenedant on if i can get some ligamnet damaged sorted sharpish)

Waynio.......................

Think sounds like a really great opportunity. Wish i could get, it is too far for me. :( Oh well, will just have to wait for pictures and videos. :) This is a very, very good thing for trials, in my opinion. It is raising the awareness of this amazing sport to, hopefully, become as popular as other bike disciplines. Such as the one it is held in conjunction with (downhill). (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

jolly good i should be there :)........

and speak to joe oakley about money in fort william. he got freaking loadsa dosh haha.

should be good :)

hahahaha, that guy was cool as fusk!!! he gave away about 300 pound in 15 minutes, then went to the cash machine to get more!! i earnt 55 pound in 10 minutes!! was the best street ride ever!!! Wonder what that guy was thinkin in the morning!! :ermm::angry::(>_<:

rofl!!

joE!

p.s, i dont think i am going any more, booked hotel and that, for the british, but then it got cancelled so i think we agreed not to bother!! Unless i can skank a lift off some one :- *wayne*cough

Edited by oakley

LOL!!!!

im sure in one of the many "convoys" there will be space for a "little" one. you know with your lil bike and such forth. we need to get a list of WHO is and isnt going? so then we know what cars are going up on what days etc etc.

Waynio....................

i maybe going up "early" doors, likie on the wednesday or something. im pretty sure all the hotels and stuff will be full up by now wont they??? :S:(

LOL!!!!

im sure in one of the many "convoys" there will be space for a "little" one. you know with your lil bike and such forth. we need to get a list of WHO is and isnt going? so then we know what cars are going up on what days etc etc.

Waynio....................

i maybe going up "early" doors, likie on the wednesday or something. im pretty sure all the hotels and stuff will be full up by now wont they??? :S:(

wednesday :o

you planning on riding all days from wednesaday up to the event? if so, i may well be up for doing that too! aslong as the others from here want to go then, that should be all gravy!

Will

camping in the trees like "Tarzan" duncan (Y):Plol!!!!

ye i want to ride up there quite alot thats why i would like to go up on the wednesday. obviosly depends on everyone elses plans really???? but im deffo into going up early.