:o Some Kind Of Hydro Rim Brake

Ben Cox

I think its a never used IBC hydrolic brake, with built in brake booster, light and powerfull. Good for bikes with cantilever bosses, BMX, Mountain bike trials, cross country, downhill or dirt jumping. Fits on the front but i would imagine you could easily extend the braded cable so that it would fit the rear of the bike.

I think its a never used IBC hydrolic brake, with built in brake booster, light and powerfull. Good for bikes with cantilever bosses, BMX, Mountain bike trials, cross country, downhill or dirt jumping. Fits on the front but i would imagine you could easily extend the braded cable so that it would fit the rear of the bike.

He's a clever guy :P

I don't think it would be that good got plastic lever blade what will flex as if it sponges, Looks bit un-safe.

How the heck can you tell by looking that the lever blade is plastic?

I heard of these years ago they were meant to be awsome first time i've ever seen one though.

I'm sure someone like tarty or Chris Ratcliff will have all the know how on those bad boys.

Hey all,

Cool..... IBC.... installed a few pairs of those for people in the mid '90s! Actually the craftsmanship was pretty nice. The downside was that they took IBC specific pads.... and (at least I) could never get the slave cylinder pods to stay put.... always wanted to rotate, hence twisting the pad into the tire. If they were real cheap I'd buy them just for curiosity....but certainly not more than 20 or 30 pounds (approx US$50).

To be honest, don't remember how the power was..... if memory is correct, the Raceline D Maguras (forrunner of HS-33s) was just out...or not quite out yet.

Amazing what one can find on the net!