Www.unittrials.co.nr

Camster911

He's posted his website on here, for some constructive critisism. But you lot have sat there and pulled this guy apart.

Was it REALLY neceserry? His 13 years old, and you lot have just demolished any of his dreams and stuff. Just think, how would you feel if you were 13 and wanted to make a frame business. And some lads much older than you are, just squashed that. harsh... :angry:

From Lee (A)

Just feel how pissed off you'd be if you spent £300 on a basically unproven frame that you could've bought £40 cheaper with your own custom geometry on it from the original frame manufacturer?

People have also given constructive criticism about the site too.

Either way, if he can't handle people not kissing his arse all the time, he probably won't cut it in a business environment anyway?

He's posted his website on here, for some constructive critisism. But you lot have sat there and pulled this guy apart.

Was it REALLY neceserry? His 13 years old, and you lot have just demolished any of his dreams and stuff. Just think, how would you feel if you were 13 and wanted to make a frame business. And some lads much older than you are, just squashed that. harsh... :angry:

From Lee (A)

I see your point, and thats why I didn't want to sound mean. I know that if I were in his shoes, I'd be pretty disheartened...but to be fair, whats he playing at?

If I sent him money now...what the hell would happen? Would I ever see it again? Would my frame be made?

Again, I don't mean this in a nasty way, but if I were in IOLO's position, I'd have told him what he could do with his frame building business. If one of these snaps, he'll be the first one to point fingers at IOLO, which isn't really on (not saying anything bad about your frame there, but I'm sure you understand :)).

The point is to take the advice on here. Shut the site, build it up to a professional standard and dont reopen it until it is.

Set up some actual detailed photos of a frame, a real one, built up.

Some sort of paypal payment system might be helpful, if I want to buy a frame, I don't want to be emailing some kid my bank details for days on end.

Sort out frames BEFORE people buy them and stock up.

Don't force sales on people, if they want one, they'll buy one. This is on example of you on MSN sending me photos of frames...not interested mate :)

Sit down, pen, paper, brain...for a long, long time and work it all out.

:ermm:

Thats exactly what everyones been saying and according to you, it was out of order.

You just said it yourself, I think you'd have to be pretty deranged to buy a frame from 'unit bikes' that was a IOLO frame.

If I was IOLO i'd tell him where to go (Y)

That isn't the fact that gets to me, its him telling people he is set to life because of a frame business, but one, there not even his frames, he has no say over them, nor does he own anything, and second, IOLO never actually agreed to anything, but he still was shouting about selling frames everywhere.

Woah, it's ok , im not 'disheartened' or anything i was enquiring about the IOLO frames. Yes. But nothing was confirmed! And , How can ANY new company get a decent customer base when there not trusted, and charging £300 a frame.

I understand where your all coming from, and i havent actually ACCEPTED any orders yet, although five people have tried.

I am not using IOLO.

I am not Charging £300 a frame.

sorry to sound negative but who in there right mind will buy a brand new brand trials bike, off somebody with limited experience in trials (riding for 4 months?) and is 13 years old?

i know i sure as fook wouldnt be handing over my money.

my advice is at your age enjoy riding for what it is without worrying about trying to make a frame company or hunt for sponsorship. at your age you should be out improving and enjoying yourself! i know i sure wouldn't want the hassel of trying to organise what you are trying to do at the age of 13!

unless you care to notice, must other frame companies get af oot in the door by having well respected people behind them. ashton... hermance's dad.... ot pi....

even the importers of frames are well respected.... the savages.... adam and dave at tarybikes...

these people know so much and i would much prefer to spend my cash investing in there expertise, in the knowledge that there frames have been tested by world champions etc..

these people know so much and i would much prefer to spend my cash investing in there expertise, in the knowledge that there frames have been tested by world champions etc..

From what i understand the frames have been tested by the unit "team" whos riders abilities range from

pretty impressive to people that can backhop...

If you give some solid info about the frames and decent pics, and no bs then you stand a chance of succeeding. As it is by you seemingly keeping secrets you are not going to win anyones trust and ultimately not make a sale.

Also get a tld and a site giving a good impression about the frames, a free domain looks unprofessional for a buisness.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm, a new site for his web design...

www.mandmdesign.bravehost.com

A few dubious things about it,

- Adam - says:

that website dosent really showcase your design skills

Down in the basement listening to the rain, Thinking things over, I think it over again says:

Its meant to be plain and simple.

- Adam - says:

yeah, but the coding is not right, you say you can code in xhtml but the xhtml is not valid

- Adam - says:

ever heard of www.arcsin.se ?

Down in the basement listening to the rain, Thinking things over, I think it over again says:

no , but lol, it tok me 30 minutes to do , im not fussed

- Adam - says:

why does it say "author - arcsin.se"?

- Adam - says:

<meta name="author" content="Arcsin, www.arcsin.se"/>

Dno

Hmm...

Psp coding sounds fun too...

Edited by adamtrials

He's selling fake id's too which i find kind of lol considering hes 13...

And his msn dp of him posing topless makes him look a bit "fruity" :rolleyes:

Im guessing the sites a template or hes copied code from somewhere else.

Wouldnt be the first time, the first unit site was ripped straight from trialmedia.