Bike Pics Thread.

Mark W

Taking a redo on my hex, that paint was BRUTAL. Paid someon $50 to strip it, wasn’t even a good job- had to take 000 steel wool and much time with an exacto knife to get al the little chips out of the welds... frame feels much lighter, doesn’t show it on the scale. Looking forward to riding it again!!

whats up with the new model hex- different geo? 5mm longer wheelbase all I could see?

C1D47A80-84DD-499F-9C47-5065E600C021.jpeg

582751C7-8164-4CB8-B88C-25309DA3456B.jpeg

All I could do last night after a long day.. today in our ever summer land:

C6D82184-CC28-4F27-9C2F-17269B339E87.jpeg

ACDBF6E8-92B3-4C56-B0AC-59B7FDF692D5.jpeg

Another edit...I  think I have to change from 22-17 to 20-15/16... what should I go for? Can’t get the chainring to clear from carving into frame without putting all 3 spacers on drive side w these slx cranks- which I fear will lead to a premature bb death...

Edited by AndyT

On 11/7/2017 at 5:22 PM, AndyT said:

whats up with the new model hex- different geo? 5mm longer wheelbase all I could see? Its got mega short chain stays. I know that.

Another edit...I  think I have to change from 22-17 to 20-15/16... 15 would be well heavy. what should I go for? Can’t get the chainring to clear from carving into frame without putting all 3 spacers on drive side w these slx cranks- which I fear will lead to a premature bb death... Try a DH bb? They have extra long cups for their 83mm size. Well at least the Saint ones do. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=saint+DH+bb&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWvbbNi7zXAhVD2qQKHYanBhgQ_AUICigB&biw=1283&bih=716#imgrc=eJ6hy6WR5C-Z6M:

That saddle looks better closer up. ;)

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, Ross McArthur said:

That saddle looks better closer up. ;)

Cheers... yeah I’ve had a black saddle on order forever and just came in... big fat one, could save major weight there but i like sitting.  Both my bikes would be ideally all silver / black... but a green rim, blue hub, things i had no choice as they were a good deal/the only option at the time... that spark rim came from Germany, absolutely amazing wheel w pro4 hub.. arcade fork and through axle makes me not want to ride all my qr bikes.

yesterdays sunset thrown in there... welcome to Southern California, every day in the winter.. inspired is overdue for a trip here.

6D8B9408-4FF8-4625-A9EE-FF5568532C0C.jpeg

49B8A783-7629-421E-962D-B3BC4D796698.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My mates new Hex and my Arcade compliment each other brilliantly. :)

Urs_and_my_bike_IMG_20180311_173340_955.jpg

Still haven't got round to take some nice pics of my build, though it's mostly original.. Annoyed I never could get the colour to display properly but this photo seems farily accurate.

Edited by Topsy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well .. it’s been a while !

Many years ago I was hopping around and on this forum daily ... time has past and I am now 52 but have recently decided that a bit of a hop again may help get my lardy arse back Into a little better shape ... still ride motorcycle trials every week as well, and got an old Onza that I can still amazingly hop around on the back wheel with, shame I still can’t do it on my TRS !

64E4F604-9488-4093-8501-CC5CA69F590F.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'll let you off for green pad compound as that's a non-optional performance thing.
I'd even have let it slide that you didn't de-logo everything, which really should be done if you're chasing true stealth.

Red backings. Not stealth.
Red nipples. Not stealth.

Not stealth; nothing lost; don't feel bad.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

So ended up putting the matching forks onto the Zoot. Reduced the wheelbase slightly but felt a lot stiffer. I've asked Euan Beaden for a bolt up front conversion too which should stiffen it up even more.

Jobs a good un!

20180504_205613.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my Czar Neuron 24": custom painted Illusion Mist (i didn't pick the name)

Profile SS hub, DT Swiss 240 front

Magura MT5/MT7 180mm

Shimano SLX cranks & HT ME03 pedals

90x35 stem & Arcade bar

Extremely fun bike, love the geo and the light weight

IMG_20180209_131438732.jpg