The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

But, who is the stig?!

I always miss it, but watch it on the bbc site, no adverts, woop!

The merc which clarkson moded was so good! Especially the fire in the back, its a shame you could turn, accelerate, brake, or anything really haha. 0-60 in 35 seconds, twice as slow as my corsa...

its bbc 2 it doesnt have any adverts

Haha that guy selling the ditched car is hilarious

The photo was taken about a month ago when I made the rash decision of swerving to avoid a rabbit, whilst driving at the insane speed of 5mph.

Jeremy Clarkson said (using his wanker voice)he'd like to touch it with his penis.

'Hiya, does this car do excessive speed of over 5mph at all if it is fixed and would you sell it to me as im a ginger and possibly a gay?' The car goes at speeds of up to 100mph - I'm too much of a poof to try going any faster. You can have it, as long as you agree to pick it up in a space suit.

'Any chance you could get a ginger queer in the motor before the end of the auction (with pics)? Cash is burning a hole!!!' I've tried, but apparently Mick Hucknall is unavailable - but otherwise desperate enough

I'd rather lick plutonium off a horses cock.

'Does this beauty have SatNav fitted' It did up until it told me to 'turn right now' about thirty seconds before that photo was taken.

:lol:

stig is perry mccarthy

I thought it used to be, now it's a number of different drivers i think.

Top Gear is the highlight of the week tv wise. It's a great show for everyone not just car nuts. I love it for everything about it, my mum, dad and sis love it for the comedy and the chemistry between the presenters. Yes it's not a "car show" any more it's a car themed entertainment show, which is one reason it's so bloody popular. The ideas they come up with are the sort of things i would love to do with spare time.

Dan

Dont they always say "all we know, is that he....."

And women cant drive that fast :P

How about that German woman they had who was like a second over a 10 minute lap in a Transit Van? She was a damn good driver.

How about that German woman they had who was like a second over a 10 minute lap in a Transit Van? She was a f**king Lunatic.

The new series is preety damn awsome, only seen 1 or 2 episodes, but from what I have seen, like others say, T'is the best thing on TV at the moment.

Ladies can compete in F1, there just hasn't been anyone fast enough.

There is actually a women who is being touted as a big formula 1 success, but i can't remeber her name.

I don't know if there are some who have been fast enough, but the last woman to drive an F1 car was Sarah Fisher who drove a number of laps before the US GP in 2004 with Mclaren. Danica Patrick caused something of a storm with a great drive in the Indy 500 and IRL last year, got her kit off in Maxim or FHM, but hasn't really done much this year. Katherine Legge is driving for PKV this year in Champcars, and only really making up the numbers.

If a woman was genuninely competitive then you can be sure they'd get a drive due to the sheer amount of publicity they'd receive. However, because of this extra coverage, they have to be on the pace as they'd generally come under more scruitiny than a male counterpart. The last woman to drive competitively in F1 was Giovanna Amati, and she failed to qualify for a grand prix start (when the slower teams had to compete to see who would go through to the actual race), and was replaced in the Brabham team by someone called Damon Hill...

stig is perry mccarthy

Was Perry McCarthy. He was the black Stig. In his book he lists a few of the other drivers who took the role of the Stig too, people like Julian Bailey.

He (or maybe a she... lets just call him/she.. it) cant be a number of diffrent drivers, cause he has to do the track times, wouldnt be fair if they had diffrent drivers...

Do you think it really matters? If they were after parity, then they wouldn't let anyone run in the wet or cold...

The Stig is some bloke in a Simpson helmet who drives the wheels off whatever machinery is put infront of him. Someone has even wiki'd him here.

fair play to them, getting people interested in cars using comedy as a vehicle.

its like people watching tennis because fit girls play.. and end up finding the game interesting.

perhaps trials could do with something like this?

More nudity methinks.