Dj Memorial Ride

I really really enjoyed that ride. Met loads of new faces, talked to people and found out they were a lot nicer than I thought by just looking at them lol. Riding there was great, I loved Lee's pringled front wheel and some of the stacks looked scary like Kyle Hinchcliffe's tap-to-bikeflip :P Got some lines done myself at last and finally met Mark lol ^_^ . However I missed out on buying a bunny shirt, and getting one or two bunny stickers for my bike and unicycle :(

I really appreciate what DJ's parents did for us, it was an awesome event regardless of the blazing sun. Hope I can still come to next year's ride (GCSE exam revision in the way!). Thanks so much to DJ's parents for organising this :)

It was a realy good day.

Kinda left without saying thanks,,,,,so thanks to dj's mum and dad for organising it!

The memorial was very nice.

Only realised it was a wheel when TIC pointed it out. Was feeling a bit ill :sick:

:D

Ps Who is the guy with the subara wrx that ben rowlands was with? if anyone knows?

I wanna know what gear he was in when he blew us away on the A34

was a cool day....

Thanks to everyone who sat with me and talked to me all day and thank you for lending me your hat porter!

I ended up feeling sick from eating to much haribo and i have a burnt arm!

It was a realy good day.

Kinda left without saying thanks,,,,,so thanks to dj's mum and dad for organising it!

The memorial was very nice.

Only realised it was a wheel when TIC pointed it out. Was feeling a bit ill :sick:

:D

Ps Who is the guy with the subara wrx that ben rowlands was with? if anyone knows?

I wanna know what gear he was in when he blew us away on the A34

That's swindon james with an aorta.

It was a great day, thanks for doing it all, everyone was having a great time and a great ride, it was just amazing, the garden looked great too, and I expect there will be big bushes around the outside in a few years too, great.

That shop around the corner must have had a god day, I must have bought about 5 drinks from them.

Thanks again to Dj's parents and anyone else wo helped out with the day.

Phil.

haha...im off to beddies now............the girl on the the till in the shop was quite unique!

anyone else notice that?

hahahhahahhaha yer we did, in budgens yea?

the one on the actual chekout bit? she was erm ye..the one on the fag counter wasss hawwt though.

I knew that Nerf thing would all end in tears. So to speak...

Budgens 4TW!

Haha, I drunk so much Diet Coke with Lime :D

I never saw the hot bird on the fag counter.

Danny (mavic) was going to give her a Love Heart. :P

Edited by Dan6061

Only just got home :$

Nah, my computer's been raped, so here's my bit :P

Just wanted to say thanks to Sue and Charlie for everything. It was an awesome day again. I didn't really know what to expect with the memorial garden 'cos I had no idea what was planned, but it was a really cool setup there. Looked really good, and it's going to be useful for the people at Fitzharrys too, so it's all good.

Riding-wise it was a bit mental. Some pretty rad stuff going on, 'specially Rich P managing to sidehop that 1943 Echo up the 6-pallet stack. Un-dying respect for that (oh, and for the lift :P). Was really, really nice meeting up with everyone again, and meeting new people yet again, even if I didn't realise who they were for ages (sorry Andy, only realised who you were when someone said "Mark Hill" :P).

Had loadsa other stuff I was going to type out, but can't remember any of it...

Sorry for getting in Jonny's way, while I remember :P Slowly wandering in front of the lens - pure class ;)

2 pinch punctures and a slow flat - awesome day out ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Got home about half an hour ago. Sunburnt to a crisp, but otherwise really really enjoyed myself. Great day. Nice to see so many people still turning up to remember DJ.

Massive thanks to Charlie, Sue and Sam for organizing the day and making sure everything ran smoothly, massive time and effort went into organizing it and everybody is very grateful.

:bunny::deej:

Got home about half an hour ago. Sunburnt to a crisp, but otherwise really really enjoyed myself. Great day. Nice to see so many people still turning up to remember DJ.

Massive thanks to Charlie, Sue and Sam for organizing the day and making sure everything ran smoothly, massive time and effort went into organizing it and everybody is very grateful.

:bunny::deej:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Awesome day, awesome atmosphere, and I'm sunburnt to f**k! Good times!!

pretty good ride, shame i was still pissed for the first 2 hours, but enjoyed it non the less

cheers The Jones's for yet another very well planned and enjoyable day

pissed me off that not everyone went to the memorial garden though

EDIT: oh and punctures, they made me die a little inside

Had an awesome day.

Only stayed in Abingdon for a few hours, had a chat with some people... then my mates wanted to go into Oxford for some riding.

Plan was to come back to the DJ ride for a bit near the end... but we didn't. :unsure:

Wishing I got some pictures when I was there... Haven't even touched my camera today!

I knew that Nerf thing would all end in tears. So to speak...

Budgens 4TW!

Haha, I drunk so much Diet Coke with Lime :D

I never saw the hot bird on the fag counter.

Danny (mavic) was going to give her a Love Heart. :P

The fit girl behind the counter?

Are you jokingg?

Amazing ride, was nice that so many riders turned up, and thanks to Charlie, Sam and Sue who sorted everything out. As Max said everyone is very grateful :)

Hope the same can happen next year.

I wasn't riding. But what a day, amazing atmospehere, met some nice new faces and had a great laugh.

Thanks to all the organisers and everyone who showed up.

R.I.P DJ :bunny::deej:

EDIT: Rough idea of the turn out:

vlcsnap13707224pm3.png

Edited by Danny Kearns