Akira_Shock!

It's only gay if you're still silly enough to look at it from the clown point of view. Real unicycle riding isn't about clowns. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know what you mean, BUT that comment only stands for some videos of amateurs who constantly do pogostick-correction hops like a jumpy squirrel. There just arent enough decent vids on the internet, the Zack B defect vid is the best available to download, but more of you should see other american riders, they are really really good, and can shoot through most lines faster than a bike rider. So it's not all boring and slow ;)

Word to Joe's comment, I think people should stop slagging off uni trials, seeing as its pretty much the same thing most people on this forum is doing, its just a one wheel difference. Uni-ing is more linked to this forum than BMX for example, seeing as its trials riding and shares a lot of the same companies used for biketrials components: Tryall, onza, Koxx, and Monty for example. If some people still see it as 'clown activity', then they should watch more vids of better riders and that will change opinions. It's similar to how not-so-amazing riders like myself make uni trials and biketrials riding look pretty gay, whereas people like Ryan leech and Kris Holm can make their sports look awesome.

It's great to see some people are genuinely intrigued by unicycling such as JT, but those of you who still think its gay should think about how gay bike riding may look to normal people. Some people may think "What are those big boys doing on gay little kids bikes doing wheelies and gay tricks, arent they a bit old for that?". Us trialsriders are laughed at by some BMXers, and it gets tiring and seriously annoying over a long time, so we might as well respect other peoples' sports.

As soon as the clown image goes away, you'll see unicycling in a totally different light ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just out of interest... is a sidehop on a unicycle just a vertical jump from a hopping position? Cos you should be able to do that as high as you can do on your feet surely? Not really having a dig, used to have a unicycle for a while but never for trials... but to be honest, my thinkings kind of along the lines of Matt. It is quite impressive and I'm sure it's harder than it looks but it's still a rather strange sport... even more so than biketrials!

It's far more different than parkour with a wheel and seat...

You'll realise it when trying to gap or hop one to any achievement... It's far more complicated, and plus trials unicycles use trials as a 'little something else', not as a pure thing like trials bikes do... Unis can be used very effectively for Northshore, XC, DH, and street (grinds, unispins, footplants, crankflips back and forward etc...). So trials is only a small portion of what a 'trials' uni can do...

It looks much easier than it is... everyone I know that has gone on one, whether it be Chai, Dan Ko, Tim Rodriguez, Joe Elding, Martin Grainger, ... who are all fairly decent trials riders, find it impossibly difficult to do any sort of gap or sidehop up to any real avail (it's normal for everyone!)

I can understand where you're coming from though, monkeyseemonkeydo, most people think that at first, as did I, but it's far far different.

However, I can't understand where you're coming from, aim@me, as it's sheer ignorance. Try it yourself, that'll keep you quiet. ;)